Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

On 8/16/2017 at 10:38 PM, Kevii23 said:

Thanks :) I initially had the idea the put the Dojo suits in the front with the ninja outfit 1 stud to the left behind it (with a black/transparant head like in Ninjago City), but thought this would look better. Still have to tile the floor and such things.

I like this idea! Sort of has 'what I can achieve if I commit myself vibe to it'. If you do expand the display please share the pictures : )

On 8/16/2017 at 10:38 PM, Kevii23 said:

I also thought about buying a second one for 2 different settings. The bottom would be in school (like in the trailer) with the ninja in their civilian suits and the top would be in the Jungle with possible the Master Falls set modified into it, but that set is too high to make it fit. Maybe after seeing the movie. :p

This would be a nice addition to the first one - you'd have all the different cloths for the ninja in displays! The display cases are quite expensive though :/ Hope they will be sold at a discount somewhere : )

Where do you get those display cases?

Also, I got a flyer in the mail about Force Friday that says that the largest Lego set ever will be revealed on September 1st. Its sad to think that Ninjago City will only be 3rd largest for a few days before bumping to 4th.

22 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Also, I got a flyer in the mail about Force Friday that says that the largest Lego set ever will be revealed on September 1st. Its sad to think that Ninjago City will only be 3rd largest for a few days before bumping to 4th.

Even 4th largest is nothing to sneeze at!

2 hours ago, turk187 said:

Amazon has them, but as stated above: they are very expensive. I paid 30 pounds for this one. 

7 hours ago, Dardanel said:

The image here as stated above shows new looks at the Volcano Base and Shark Jet.

Thanks! I had no way of posting it myself, since trying to post pictures on here with an iPad doesn't really work too well.

My Ninjago Cities are here! Squeeeee! Good thing i didn't spring for priority shipping since they only took 2 days anyway.

Volcano Base looks cool but that's a 2018 set

@Peppermint_M maybe it's time for a Ninjago 2018 thread? :classic:

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

The Ninjago City set 70620 is now available on shop@home! At least on the swiss store - Maybe for VIP only though..

Just ordered, you get 2 promotional goodies along:

5004916-1: Kai's Dojo Pod

and the less useful

5004936-1: Iconic Cave

Yeah, the VIP release for everyone was on the 16th. I wish the US got the Kai's Dojo Pod, but maybe we'll get it as a promo later. There better be good promos in October since that's when I'm looking to buy my copy of the set...

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, the VIP release for everyone was on the 16th. I wish the US got the Kai's Dojo Pod, but maybe we'll get it as a promo later. There better be good promos in October since that's when I'm looking to buy my copy of the set...

According to https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/, the exclusive casual/ninja suit Lloyd will be given out until October 8th. I like this version of Movie Lloyd the best - really hope I get it!

No automatic alt text available.

Sorry for the oversized picture, I think this will be separate from the regular ninjago magazine but I'm not sure as I can sadly only read in English.

The first fig will be dojo Lloyd , I am glad of this as it will making getting all the ninja easier but I doubt it will ever have Edna or Ed but I can still hope.

4 hours ago, Dardanel said:

According to https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/, the exclusive casual/ninja suit Lloyd will be given out until October 8th. I like this version of Movie Lloyd the best - really hope I get it!

Yeah, but I bet the 9th will be when double points starts. Sometimes they don't like their promotions overlapping- I bought the Silent Mary during the VIP early access and the free promo set ended the day before. 

8 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

[Insert Picture Here]

Sorry for the oversized picture, I think this will be separate from the regular ninjago magazine but I'm not sure as I can sadly only read in English.

The first fig will be dojo Lloyd , I am glad of this as it will making getting all the ninja easier but I doubt it will ever have Edna or Ed but I can still hope.

Good find! I'm guessing it'll replace the other Ninjago magazine temporarily? I mean the movie sets have paused the regular Ninjago sets.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Good find! I'm guessing it'll replace the other Ninjago magazine temporarily? I mean the movie sets have paused the regular Ninjago sets.

Well the stone warrior issue is coming out on the 30th of august and will probably last for around a month, which I think would be a little close but then again the movie doesn't come out till October here in the UK. I would not be surprised either way, though it seems like a seperate magazine so I hope they run alongside each as then there is a higher likelihood of getting better figs from both if there is more issues of both.

11 hours ago, Dardanel said:

Is possible to get these sorts of promos from Lego shows where there is an official Lego shop stand? 

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
fixed formatting issues

29 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Is possible to get these sorts of promos from Lego shows where there is an official Lego shop stand? 

I doubt it, they usually only do these in official stores (ie LEGO owned) and online - even monobrand stores are not included!

Replaced the joint on the Mech Dragon's head with an up and down one instead of a side to side one. I far prefer this joint, but I'd love it if Lego made one that went up and down as well as side to side. 

There are three normal sets for the movie releasing in December (all of which are blacked out)

The fourth set listed is a spinner set for Lloyd.

Odds are the fourth rumored normal sized set is actually a store exclusive.

Edited by Penkid11