Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

25 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I did as well. I checked the parts list and it only said 4 of them (As extra parts aren't accounted). 

Yeah, it said 6 in the set and I checked to make sure I had all 6. That's quite an odd extra piece. 

Does anyone know what sort of time the Ninjago City set is likely to go on sale in the UK for VIPs? Assumed it would probably start at midnight but doesn't seem to be available yet, though have had a few issues with my account recently.

Well, Rocket Racer and X-treme Team stickers too? This set gets more and more appealing, sigh my poor bank balance...

I don't think this has been posted here yet. Tommy Andreason posted HoT set concepts to Youtube a few weeks ago:

Some of these are awesome, especially the one with the Ms. Marvel arms! It also contains some 2018 material which I've posted in the show thread.

Edited by Master_Data

I ordered my 2 Ninjago city sets. Wanted to pay extra for priority shipping, but it was just too much extra. So, I'll have to be patient. Still, hopefully they'll still be here by Saturday so I can spend my weekend building awesome stuff.

Bought the official Ninjago Movie display case and decided to made some scenes in it with the CMF and smaller sets. It's missing some figures for the underside of the display and probably some extra floor details, but that's on it's way. 

Sorry for the somewhat dark pictures..

Ninjago display case

Ninjago display case

Ninjago display case

56 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Bought the official Ninjago Movie display case and decided to made some scenes in it with the CMF and smaller sets. It's missing some figures for the underside of the display and probably some extra floor details, but that's on it's way. 

Sorry for the somewhat dark pictures..

*linkified*

*linkified*

*linkified*

This looks incredible! Great idea using the stained glass for backgrounds (will probably steal it from you :D)

Did you make these for your personal satisfaction or do you plan on displaying these somewhere?

I just picked up nya's water strider , the LEGO Juniors set and 15 minifig bags hoping to get the 5 figures I was after and luckily I got them , I ended up with 3 nyas but with a quick swap around with more extras I ended up with cole , jay and nya in dojo suits

I have 16 out of the 20 collectible minifigures im only missing both Lloyds , garmaddon with battle axe type weapon and sushi chef

How do you get Zane in the dojo training suit? I know Cole is in the book, Lloyd in the Juniors set, Nya in the CMF series, Jay in the small movie maker set, and Kai in the big movie maker set and the dojo pod, but I haven't heard of Zane anywhere. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

How do you get Zane in the dojo training suit? I know Cole is in the book, Lloyd in the Juniors set, Nya in the CMF series, Jay in the small movie maker set, and Kai in the big movie maker set and the dojo pod, but I haven't heard of Zane anywhere. 

He head swapped Nya for Cole and Jay, but I don't see Zane anywhere in a training outfit..

Just now, turk187 said:

He head swapped Nya for Cole and Jay, but I don't see Zane anywhere in a training outfit..

He is the one with the white hair in Kevii23 photo.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

He is the one with the white hair in Kevii23 photo.

I don't know whos whos past Lloyd and Garmadon. But he said those three were Nya, Cole, and Jay. Maybe he misidentified one of them?

12 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

Does anyone know what sort of time the Ninjago City set is likely to go on sale in the UK for VIPs? Assumed it would probably start at midnight but doesn't seem to be available yet, though have had a few issues with my account recently.

I saw it was available this afternoon. Just placed my order  :)

5 hours ago, Dardanel said:

This looks incredible! Great idea using the stained glass for backgrounds (will probably steal it from you :D)

Did you make these for your personal satisfaction or do you plan on displaying these somewhere?

Thanks :) I initially had the idea the put the Dojo suits in the front with the ninja outfit 1 stud to the left behind it (with a black/transparant head like in Ninjago City), but thought this would look better. Still have to tile the floor and such things. 

I make these for myself without intention of displaying outside the internet. Maybe when I go to a convention I'll bring them with me. 

I also thought about buying a second one for 2 different settings. The bottom would be in school (like in the trailer) with the ninja in their civilian suits and the top would be in the Jungle with possible the Master Falls set modified into it, but that set is too high to make it fit. Maybe after seeing the movie. :p 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yea I bought a second Nya CMF and Zane and put the head on the dojo outfit. Got Cole and Jay from the 2 Ninjago books coming out in September (see links below) and Kai coming tomorrow with my S@H order. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-Activity-Minifigure/dp/1405287446

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-Official-Annuals/dp/1405287470/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TDN96FQWNZ1HVHWW3TMG

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Thanks :) I initially had the idea the put the Dojo suits in the front with the ninja outfit 1 stud to the left behind it (with a black/transparant head like in Ninjago City), but thought this would look better. Still have to tile the floor and such things. 

I make these for myself without intention of displaying outside the internet. Maybe when I go to a convention I'll bring them with me. 

I also thought about buying a second one for 2 different settings. The bottom would be in school (like in the trailer) with the ninja in their civilian suits and the top would be in the Jungle with possible the Master Falls set modified into it, but that set is too high to make it fit. Maybe after seeing the movie. :p 

Yea I bought a second Nya CMF and Zane and put the head on the dojo outfit. Got Cole and Jay from the 2 Ninjago books coming out in September (see links below) and Kai coming tomorrow with my S@H order. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-Activity-Minifigure/dp/1405287446

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-Official-Annuals/dp/1405287470/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TDN96FQWNZ1HVHWW3TMG

So is there no official Zane in his training outfit? Though it's not hard to make a custom one. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So is there no official Zane in his training outfit? Though it's not hard to make a custom one. 

I wouldn't necessarily assume we've seen every single polybag or promotional set yet. There's plenty of opportunity for others to show up, especially considering the movie hasn't even been released yet. Heck, it's not impossible that the training outfit for Zane could be the DVD/Blu-Ray promo.

Edited by Lyichir

Picked up a bunch of CMFs, instead of the temple because I blew a ton of my set budget on vidja gameees (or a controller, anyway). Kinda aggravated, because my Human Unikitty N-Pop girl's hair won't stay on, and my Guitarist's left foot was crushed by something square.

Edited by obsidianheart

16 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

and my Guitarist's left foot was crushed by something square.

I feel your pain, I accidentally bent the neck bracket of my CMF Zane's backpack while feeling for it! Fortunately, I was able to bend it back into place, although it does have white stress marks on it (similar to what happened with the old book pieces).

So, whos already ordered there Ninjago City's? Mine should be here Saturday according to USPS. Which is Awesome as I have Sunday and Monday off to build them.

9 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Does that kid's shirt translate to NEMANJA?  Does that mean anything?

It's a Serbian name, possible that it a designer reference or something along those lines

In the designer video it was revealed that the child is stylized after one of the designers children, so that could be the names origin.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

In the latest trailer for the Lego Ninjago Movie videogame it gave us a very good look at the quake mech in the set version 

6 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

It's a Serbian name, possible that it a designer reference or something along those lines

4 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

In the designer video it was revealed that the child is stylized after one of the designers children, so that could be the names origin.

Ah, thank you.  That's very interesting.