Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just a heads up but the online lego shop as some 2-pack that are a lot cheaper that both sets together.

1 hour ago, turk187 said:

I just bought the fire mech. can anyone tell me what parts I'll need to change the legs?

It depends - I can tell you what extra parts I used to have the articulated click joint in the knees, but those alone won't work well with the original lower body and feet so it would be a fairly substantial list for those modifications as well.

Just now, legozebra said:

It depends - I can tell you what extra parts I used to have the articulated click joint in the knees, but those alone won't work well with the original lower body and feet so it would be a fairly substantial list for those modifications as well.

I know its a lot to ask, but if you could do a how-to with parts list I would be greatly appreciative.

47 minutes ago, turk187 said:

I know its a lot to ask, but if you could do a how-to with parts list I would be greatly appreciative.

Will pictures showing how I built it suffice? I can take a bunch and PM them to you, and if there's anything unclear just let me know.

Just now, legozebra said:

Will pictures showing how I built it suffice? I can take a bunch and PM them to you, and if there's anything unclear just let me know.

That should be fine. but a parts list so i can bricklink them wold also be nice. Or, even just a pic with the extra pieces and I can look them up myself.

1 hour ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Just a heads up but the online lego shop as some 2-pack that are a lot cheaper that both sets together.

I checked both the UK and US stores but did not see any 2-packs.  Do you have a link?

yeah I have them all except for the water strider set which im getting either this week or next week and I was thinking of getting another jelly sub anyway plus I have a 10 percent discount annual pass so for £45 its a true bargain and great way to push up my garmaddons army

Shows up in the UK but not the US version.

Oh sorry I only checked UK but assumed elsewhere.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Oh sorry I only checked UK but assumed elsewhere.

Does your signature quote refer to Star Wars? Or something else?

It's from the rebels season 4 trailer.

does anyone think we will get the misako in this trailer, surely they wouldn't show that awesome quiver if it will never be a real piece? (at 0:10ish)

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

On 12/08/2017 at 8:56 PM, Lyichir said:

Worth keeping in mind that, as a theme aimed at younger audiences, City tends to use larger parts on average than the highly detailed sets we've seen for the Lego Ninjago Movie (especially sets with those massive floating boat hulls, which I imagine cost a pretty penny to produce). I don't mean this to bring up "that tiresome argument"—to be honest, it's a nice thing that there are larger sets for builders of all skill levels—but it does mean that themes with a higher target age range also tend to provide a better value for money.

Though most friends sets are 8-12 and I've seen the Amusement Park ( 1124 pcs) for £90.00 and the city sets are also around that audience and are  approx. £150.00 for the same amount of pieces. 

Just now, Lego-fire said:

Though most friends sets are 8-12 and I've seen the Amusement Park ( 1124 pcs) for £90.00 and the city sets are also around that audience and are  approx. £150.00 for the same amount of pieces. 

Im sure lego also factors in the amount of plastic in each set as well as piece count, plus they probably factor the popularity of each line, as well as licensing costs. Im certain the price difference in Star Wars and Super heroes VS everything else isn't just because of licensing costs, its because SW is keeping Lego afloat and the sets are just the most popular stuff they have so there is a premium on that, with Super Hero stuff probably being the number 2 seller and I'd gues Ninjago and Nexo are probably towards, if not at, the bottom. I'm guessing that the lower prices on Ninjago movie stuff is because they are hoping that a good movie combined with awesome sets at a more reasonable price will result in an ongoing sales spike. (I don't actually have sales figures or anything, I'm just going by my gut based on how much space stuff gets on shelves and how often I see stuff going out the door)

10 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Im sure lego also factors in the amount of plastic in each set as well as piece count, plus they probably factor the popularity of each line, as well as licensing costs. Im certain the price difference in Star Wars and Super heroes VS everything else isn't just because of licensing costs, its because SW is keeping Lego afloat and the sets are just the most popular stuff they have so there is a premium on that, with Super Hero stuff probably being the number 2 seller and I'd gues Ninjago and Nexo are probably towards, if not at, the bottom. I'm guessing that the lower prices on Ninjago movie stuff is because they are hoping that a good movie combined with awesome sets at a more reasonable price will result in an ongoing sales spike. (I don't actually have sales figures or anything, I'm just going by my gut based on how much space stuff gets on shelves and how often I see stuff going out the door)

Though a lot of people were taking bionicle sets out of the door. That was super popular and TLG cancelled that, so who knows how well anything is selling. Though you're definitely right about SW. Maybe after TLBM Minifigures with the price rise, that didn't sell that great they wanted to play it safe? 

4 hours ago, turk187 said:

That should be fine. but a parts list so i can bricklink them wold also be nice. Or, even just a pic with the extra pieces and I can look them up myself.

The thing is that I don't recall the original set well enough to know which parts I added, but they were all standard bits from my collection - I remember grabbing lots of 1x2 plates for whatever reason, and I didn't even need extra click hinges as I used the ones provided. I'll get those pics up as soon as I can and I think you'll find many of the parts are very common and you may not even have to do a BL order after all. Hope this helps!

7 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Thanks!! I ordered a Water Strider and Jelly Sub combo for €15 discount and got free Kai dojo pod and the iconic Cave"people" set.  Great deal.

I've got enough funds to get around $300 worth of LEGO sets and I'm debating among the following (posting here, because I'm mostly interested in Ninjago Movie big sets):

1. Ninjago City "modular" ($300)

2. Destiny's Bounty ($150) + a smaller modular (I only have Parisian Restaurant right now; potential candidates may be Brick Bank or Detective's Office or Old Fishing Store though that's not a regular modular).

3. Assembly Square ($260)

I like Ninjago City, but I have three concerns: (a) the set seems to consist of many smaller pieces, especially for the construction of  the pond, (b) the set seems rather visually busy with too many different styles (personally, I like the first two floors but find the big Emporium and the big tower thing out of place); and (c) the set has many stickers. 

I like Destiny's Bounty too, as I like ships.  I don't have any ships right now.

I think Assembly Square might be a better "modular" than Ninjago City as its design is simpler and more visually pleasing, IMO.

Your thoughts?

Edited by gundamz
Add Fishing Store to #2

2 minutes ago, gundamz said:

I've got enough funds to get around $300 worth of LEGO sets and I'm debating among the following (posting here, because I'm mostly interested in Ninjago Movie big sets):

(big snip)

Your thoughts?

I have the Bounty and think its one of the best ships they ever buiilt. Id get that one. If you like the modulars get the Square, it fits wonderfully into a street full of modulars. Based on your concerns, I'd avoid Ninjago city. I don't think you'd like it and it doesnt fit with much else.

(I have the Assembly Square and have saved enough that I'm buying 2 Ninjago City sets.)

1 hour ago, gundamz said:

1. Ninjago City "modular" ($300)

2. Destiny's Bounty ($150) + a smaller modular (I only have Parisian Restaurant right now; potential candidates may be Brick Bank or Detective's Office).

3. Assembly Square ($260)

I like Ninjago City, but I have three concerns: (a) the set seems to consist of many smaller pieces, especially for the construction of  the pond, (b) the set seems rather visually busy with too many different styles (personally, I like the first two floors but find the big Emporium and the big tower thing out of place); and (c) the set has many stickers. 

I like Destiny's Bounty too, as I like ships.  I don't have any ships right now.

I think Assembly Square might be a better "modular" than Ninjago City as its design is simpler and more visually pleasing, IMO.

Your thoughts?

In your situation I will probably recomend you to get Destiny´s Bounty and some other modular, such s Parisian Restaurant and then you can save for other sets possibly Ninjago city or Assembly square... These sets will hold on market at least for 1,5 year so it brings you plenty of time for saving. Parisian restaurant could be in year in retirement (i guess) and its a wonderfull set... 

16 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

Thanks!! I ordered a Water Strider and Jelly Sub combo for €15 discount and got free Kai dojo pod and the iconic Cave"people" set.  Great deal.

I can confirm this, just bought Lightning Jet/Manta Ray Bomber pack and received Kai's Dojo Pod and D2C Excl. MF Cave Set as gifts.

Does anyone know for certain that we will get early VIP access to the Ninjago City on the 16th, or at all?

Edited by turk187