Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

*snip*

That's a new one.

Oh gee. Oh gosh. Oh Golly. Oh darn.

's a Narwhal!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Where is that still from? Perhaps a new TV spot?

Does anyone know where this is from

I could be wrong about this. But I don't think we've gotten Kai's Civilian clothes as a minifigure. We have all the other from the CMF and Ninjago City Chase. But Kai doesn't seem to have one.

Just now, Takanuinuva said:

I could be wrong about this. But I don't think we've gotten Kai's Civilian clothes as a minifigure. We have all the other from the CMF and Ninjago City Chase. But Kai doesn't seem to have one.

He has them in the Ninjago City set

Never expected a narwhal! Hoping thats not movie only..

38 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Do we get a new coloured flower stem in Ninjago city? Look at 3:39 in the video. Is it dark brown or reddish brown? Or black?

Dark brown. I believe—it seems to match the other limb sections.

Not sure if this sure be here but anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled for the STAY AWAY FROM THE TV SPOTS there are some spoilery scene in there so this far warning if u want to be surprised during the movie 

ok this is relating to nya's water strider it really looks like the alien tripod machines from the 2005 war of the worlds movie

hmm when I get the set I might try and turn it into a tripod myself

I stopped off at my local Target to pick up the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon and noticed something - Ninjago stuff seems to be really reasonable priced. 99$ for 1403 pieces. A couple of other sets, a jungle adventure set and a fire boat set were 118 and 119$ each with piece counts in the 8 and 9 hundreds, and the flying fox batman set was 130$ for 955 pieces. I get the batman set being higher as it licensed, but the jungle adventure stuff? thats pure Lego.

Also, I swung by Wal-mart and noticed something distressing - they moved the entire lego section into the back of the toy section.

1 hour ago, turk187 said:

I stopped off at my local Target to pick up the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon and noticed something - Ninjago stuff seems to be really reasonable priced. 99$ for 1403 pieces. A couple of other sets, a jungle adventure set and a fire boat set were 118 and 119$ each with piece counts in the 8 and 9 hundreds, and the flying fox batman set was 130$ for 955 pieces. I get the batman set being higher as it licensed, but the jungle adventure stuff? thats pure Lego.

Also, I swung by Wal-mart and noticed something distressing - they moved the entire lego section into the back of the toy section.

Worth keeping in mind that, as a theme aimed at younger audiences, City tends to use larger parts on average than the highly detailed sets we've seen for the Lego Ninjago Movie (especially sets with those massive floating boat hulls, which I imagine cost a pretty penny to produce). I don't mean this to bring up "that tiresome argument"—to be honest, it's a nice thing that there are larger sets for builders of all skill levels—but it does mean that themes with a higher target age range also tend to provide a better value for money.

1 hour ago, turk187 said:

At least two of the area Walmarts have consolidated the LEGO aisles. Seeing Friends, Disney and Elves next to City and Ninjago is taking some getting used to.

On 8/6/2017 at 2:14 PM, legozebra said:

I finally got around to using the mod for the Fire Mech posted a few weeks back to give it leg articulation and it generally looks good!

Unfortunately, this is about as far as you can make it move as the upper leg cannot move forward much and the feet cannot articulate vertically pretty much at all. Additionally, it can't quite hold a pose - the joints buckle after a few minutes in a sustained pose. To fix these, however, you would probably have to modify the torso and foot build significantly as user Kevin Low has done on Flickr here:

I'm still deciding myself whether I want to keep it as close to the set as possible or go all-out like this. I'll probably do a mix of both.

I think I might have a solution for you. I modified the LDD version and changed the knee from a ratcheted joint to a friction adder ball joint. I don't know if it will be stronger but I think it's worth a try.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/Ninjago/fire_mech_leg_joint_attempt.lxf

fire_mech_leg_ball_joint.png

On 8/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, Master_Data said:

The one in the Green Ninja Mechdragon holds pretty well, but the new "rice hat" has very little clutch power.

The top part holds well on both the CMF and set versions I have, but the lower part spins freely when the upper part is removed. I was pretty disappointed to find that it has almost no friction, unlike the previous neck scarf piece.

Yeah, the new "rice hat" has little clutch power. 

Thought that might be the case with the top part. I'll just put it down to bad CMF quality!

Just visited the local LEGO Store.

They have the Flying Jelly Sub, Garma Mecha Man, and Zane's Ice Tank!!

I also notice they have that atrociously overpriced City Jungle Exploration Plane, and the Friends Hot Chocolate Van.

I inquired about it further, and the manager said that from this point on, they would be getting stock of some of the store specific exclusives on a regular basis.

Thank goodness!!

Is the Hot Chocolate Van a retail exclusive? I saw several of the winter-themed Friends sets at Walmart today, including that one. I kind of like it, but I can't think a color swap like I could with the Hot Dog Van.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Is the Hot Chocolate Van a retail exclusive? I saw several of the winter-themed Friends sets at Walmart today, including that one. I kind of like it, but I can't think a color swap like I could with the Hot Dog Van.

That's because it's a Walmart Exclusive (which is, actually, news to me).

It always seems that Walmart always gets the smallest of the exclusive sets. Though small is debatable when you have such exclusives as Razar's CHI Raider, and Spinlyn's Cavern (:sick:) but when compared to other exclusives that particular theme (Chima) got in 2013/14, they are still very much the smallest.

I've built Jay's vehicle. Absolutely amazing. Love it. Didn't know about the play feature which is great. Its wide. Looks impressive. Looks crazy. Unique. One of my favourites of the year...possibly ever.

Also made some desktop backgrounds ; 

5 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I think I might have a solution for you. I modified the LDD version and changed the knee from a ratcheted joint to a friction adder ball joint. I don't know if it will be stronger but I think it's worth a try.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/Ninjago/fire_mech_leg_joint_attempt.lxf

fire_mech_leg_ball_joint.png

I modded it to have ratcheted joints and it works like a charm - I had to mod the upper part as well to give the legs more articulation in that regards and also modified the feet to be able to move more but keep the same aesthetic-

Fire Mech Mod Mark IIFire Mech Mod Mark IIFire Mech Mod Mark IIFire Mech Mod Mark II

I've also modified the waist to have articulation with double friction ball joints:

Fire Mech Mod Mark II

Also made some smaller mods to the other sets:

Smaller mods to Ninjago Movie sets

Gave the dragon head swim ball joint articulation, which I felt it sorely needed:

Smaller mods to Ninjago Movie setsSmaller mods to Ninjago Movie sets

Gave the Water Strider some articulated upper legs:

Smaller mods to Ninjago Movie setsSmaller mods to Ninjago Movie sets

And modified the Ice Tank cockpit to accommodate an articulated cannon (which took a lot more reworking than I thought it would):

Smaller mods to Ninjago Movie setsSmaller mods to Ninjago Movie setsSmaller mods to Ninjago Movie sets

I also removed the large wheel and gave the treads friction pins to move the turbines:

Smaller mods to Ninjago Movie sets

Edited by legozebra