Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

I went back to Barnes and Noble today to look for Volcano Garmadon, since I didn't get him on Monday. I found him, but his helmet keeps popping off his head and seems to have very little clutch power. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is his helmet like this in the Green Ninja Mech Dragon set too? 

40 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I went back to Barnes and Noble today to look for Volcano Garmadon, since I didn't get him on Monday. I found him, but his helmet keeps popping off his head and seems to have very little clutch power. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is his helmet like this in the Green Ninja Mech Dragon set too? 

My Garmadon (from the Mech Dragon) doesn't have this issue. However, poor clutch power is a common problem with CMF figures. All of my TLNM CMFs have loose arms and legs, not to mention my misprinted Zane head :cry_sad:

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Barnes and Noble is always great for sets. I found the figures kind of by accident the other day and got five that I wanted. Plus, the 10% discount is super handy, especially when it's coupled with the 20% or 50% off stickers they sometimes have on older sets. 

I think Lego at BN, at least locally is kind of a "best kept," secret for us nerds who want access to new sets right away but aren't close to a Lego store.  I think that will change as they aren't going to be carrying many other toy brands from now on.  Gotta take advantage while I can!

2 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

My Garmadon (from the Mech Dragon) doesn't have this issue. However, poor clutch power is a common problem with CMF figures. All of my TLNM CMFs have loose arms and legs, not to mention my misprinted Zane head :cry_sad:

Phew! Yeah, I've definitely noticed issues like this before in CMF series. Isn't it because they're made in China or another place separate from where regular sets are made? 

I called my Lego Store because I wanted to get all my new sets tomorrow, but they're sold out of everything except the Bounty, Temple, and Manta Ray Bomber. Looks like I'll have to order some stuff from Shop@Home. 

45 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Isn't it because they're made in China or another place separate from where regular sets are made? 

Yep! They're generally considered to be lower quality, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Can we see a picture of zane??

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

My helmet is fine, though my Llyold came with his leg off.. 

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

Can we see a picture of zane??

Unfortunately, I can't upload a decent picture of it from my iPad, but it has a white line going down the back of the head. It's close to the middle, but slightly to the right (where the funky digital hair style print is). Hope that helps, like I said I'm having no luck uploading a picture.

2 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Unfortunately, I can't upload a decent picture of it from my iPad, but it has a white line going down the back of the head. It's close to the middle, but slightly to the right (where the funky digital hair style print is). Hope that helps, like I said I'm having no luck uploading a picture.

Yeah I've seen stuff like that never thought that of it being a misprint 

I just had a thought- what if that Master wu Keychain polybag revealed a while ago is a theater exclusive when you go see the movie? It would be similar to how Cinemark (I think) offered the exclusive Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman keychain polybag. 

14 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I misfelt Zane's backpack for Garmadon's helmet, but I have a very similar problem to yours. My ninja Lloyd's top mask piece comes off easily, is this the case with all ninja masks or is this just another case of bad quality CMF's with lack of clutch power?

I got the mech dragon a couple days ago, I just haven't had time to post. It looks incredible, I love it! It's also a bit larger than I expected and man is it long! This thing is never getting taken apart, it'll be displayed with Lloyd's green energy dragon from the day of the departed wave. I'm generally a bigger fan of European dragons and the energy dragon is a fantastic set but I have to say the mech dragon is even better, kudos to the designer. Lloyd looks great, the suddle printing looks great in the light and I finally have a Garmadon. This is easily my favorite version of Garmadon. The helmet and printing are great and the cape piece looks good and perfectly covers up some of the glaring issues I have with the torso add-on piece. This is also the best version of Wu imo too, I really dig the cloth piece for his kimono. 

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I haven't had any issues with my helmet. Clutch power is good and it's a nice looking piece. Like others have said, most likely manufactured in different factories.

5 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I misfelt Zane's backpack for Garmadon's helmet, but I have a very similar problem to yours. My ninja Lloyd's top mask piece comes off easily, is this the case with all ninja masks or is this just another case of bad quality CMF's with lack of clutch power?

Just CMF's, I'm assuming. I have the Spinjitzu Training set and the masks are fine. 

Grabbed Nya's Water Strider today. Still sucks its 50 dollars here in Canada when the other 30 dollar sets are only 40. But hey at least I have it now.

Didn't see the collectible minifigures. But I think I'll just skip the hassle and buy Spinjitzu Nya on Bricklink along with her Civilian clothes.

I have two of the pyjama/volcano Garmadon, and both mine have clutch issues with the helmets. Luckily, I bought them for parts, so its not a major. I only have two more figs that I want, and then I'm done with this series, unless I decide to get more duplicates.

I am undecided about getting the angler fish and octopus for their helmets. Not sure how useful they will be away from the figures.

Bought 70618: Desiny's Bounty yesterday our local Barnes and Noble (since we have a Membership for 10% off).

It's a shame they can't figure out a better way to secure the sets than the silly tight cords around them because the box was in horrific shape.
Thankfully, I was able to negotiate an additional 15% off the price because of it.

Oddly enough, they had the Ninjago CMFs out on the floor. Usually, these are kept behind the registers. So, I was able to pick out the Sushi Chef with no problems.
When assembling him I found that the articulation of his parts much looser than I've experienced with other CMFs or minifigures packaged in sets normally...

On 8/9/2017 at 9:48 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just had a thought- what if that Master wu Keychain polybag revealed a while ago is a theater exclusive when you go see the movie? It would be similar to how Cinemark (I think) offered the exclusive Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman keychain polybag. 

I sincerely hope not.  I was never able to accquire the TLBM keychain because there aren't any Cinemark theaters near me.

I love how each little shop is it's own build. You might be able to mix and match the stores. Also the posters are very funny. I like the brick separator used as a monster in one of them

Edited by Falconfan1414

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I love how each little shop is it's own build. You might be able to mix and match the stores. Also the posters are very funny. I like the brick separator used as a monster in one of them

The great thing is that it's a sequel to one of the posters in the Palace Cinema!

On August 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yes, CMF volcano pajama Garmadon helmet does not hold well. 

The one in the Green Ninja Mechdragon holds pretty well, but the new "rice hat" has very little clutch power.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:25 AM, JACKATTACKS said:

The top part holds well on both the CMF and set versions I have, but the lower part spins freely when the upper part is removed. I was pretty disappointed to find that it has almost no friction, unlike the previous neck scarf piece.