Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

5 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

O would gues that Laser pointer us just "ultimate weapon" which has power to call "Mnaudra" but in Temple there is "cat food" (or something like that = those pearl gold flower pieces) and this is "Ultimate ultimate weapon" because u can control "Mnaudra" through it ;)))

That makes so much sense! I couldn't figure out for the life of me what those pieces were supposed to represent.

7 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

That makes so much sense! I couldn't figure out for the life of me what those pieces were supposed to represent.

The golden flowers could be cat food. They could also be uncultivated catnip flowers used to lure Meowthra back into the wild and away from the city.

I'd say one or the other is a strong possibility. I lean toward the latter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catnip

Anyway, back to toys. My Walmart sets bought during the launch sale arrive today. Can't wait.

I wanted to buy one Ninjago movie set today but not sure which one, I can't decide between the jelly sub or the green ninja mech dragon, can someone help me out who owns these sets? 

Just now, azog said:

I wanted to buy one Ninjago movie set today but not sure which one, I can't decide between the jelly sub or the green ninja mech dragon, can someone help me out who owns these sets? 

Definitely Ninja green mech dragon..There are main protagonist, and the set itself is far more better then Jelly sub in my opinion... :)

1 hour ago, azog said:

Another vote for Mech Dragon. Next to the incomparable Bounty it's the signature set for this wave. Not to mention it includes the currently exclusive robed Garmadon.

Add a couple Jelly Subs down the line for the dragon to battle.

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Definitely Ninja green mech dragon..There are main protagonist, and the set itself is far more better then Jelly sub in my opinion... :)

41 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

Another vote for Mech Dragon. Next to the incomparable Bounty it's the signature set for this wave. Not to mention it includes the currently exclusive robed Garmadon.

Add a couple Jelly Subs down the line for the dragon to battle.

Thank you guys so much, also I should apologise to the moderators for starting an off topic discussion, but I was heading to the store and I wanted some quick thoughts with some people that know this wave probably better than me. Do thank you guys I actually did go with the dragon due to like you guys said being a main set in this wave. 

I haven't been too involved with this thread but does anyone know of a second wave?

3 minutes ago, azog said:

Thank you guys so much, also I should apologise to the moderators for starting an off topic discussion, but I was heading to the store and I wanted some quick thoughts with some people that know this wave probably better than me. Do thank you guys I actually did go with the dragon due to like you guys said being a main set in this wave. 

I haven't been too involved with this thread but does anyone know of a second wave?

Second wave is coming with Cole's Quake Mech, Garmadon's Volcano Lair, Pirahna Mech, and one other smaller set.

Yea, we have this set:

dscf4235-1500499120708.jpg 

Most likely the Quake Mech and probably some sets that contain spoilers, but nothing else has been confirmed. 

Someone posted this info, but I can't remember if it's debunked or real. 

Spoiler

70628 Action 2018
70629 Piranha Chase
70631 Volcano Base
70632 Cole Rider (Quake Mech)

I saw this a while ago and it could be a contender

SG5MUfT.png

0tFUFNk.png

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Yea, we have this set:

dscf4235-1500499120708.jpg 

Most likely the Quake Mech and probably some sets that contain spoilers, but nothing else has been confirmed. 

Someone posted this info, but I can't remember if it's debunked or real. 

Hide contents

70628 Action 2018
70629 Piranha Chase
70631 Volcano Base
70632 Cole Rider (Quake Mech)

SG5MUfT.png

0tFUFNk.png

The info in spoilers mostly comes from Brickset, which is usually pretty good with checking before adding sets to the database.

Brickset explicitly states that the second smallest set is an Aquatic Army set, leading people to believe it's the Piranha Mech, and the Volcano Base and Quake Mech are explicitly stated

5 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Hide contents

70629 Piranha Chase

That sure does look like the type of fish named in that set.

Edited by obsidianheart

Yea I know, but since nothing is really confirmed we can't 100% say it's correct. That's why I posted it like this. 

3 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

That sure does look like the type of fish named in that set.

i had some hope,,.. i love piranhas, but that abomination is not a piranha,..   this comes a lot closer;   (31031-1)

31031_alt5.jpg

It's building time !

We came back from the lego shop with everything we wanted.

We where second entering the shop and I jumped onto the Bounty. It was a good move as they only had 4 or 5 in stock.

I spend a considerable amount of time sorting the CMF one by one to get as much Kendo Kai as possible + one plain Garmadon and one Lloyd.

I got 3 Kendo Kai the Garmadon as expected and one SpinJitsu Training Mya instead of Lloyd (misjudged the shape of the the swords in the pack).

For the rest, everything was available.

The two happy little guys:

lego_ninjago_movie.jpg.0e3db35de47b1c4fba170f0e51d3daaa.jpg

Edited by PasDeChocolat

IGN officially revealed the character posters we saw a while back and a few are slightly modified like Nya's, but this one includes the one for Jay and it shows off his jet in the movie better

Is anyone else slightly mad that lego is sending out all these free sets to reviewers when they could easily afford them and the normal people and maybe small reviewers can't afford....

Rant over for now...

21 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

IGN officially revealed the character posters we saw a while back and a few are slightly modified like Nya's, but this one includes the one for Jay and it shows off his jet in the movie better

Very nice. Only dislike the one with Zane, but I guess this would look cool if you have them all on a row. I hope they become easily available in stores/online in Europe. 

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Is anyone else slightly mad that lego is sending out all these free sets to reviewers when they could easily afford them and the normal people and maybe small reviewers can't afford....

Rant over for now...

Marketing 101. They, i.e the publicists, want eyeballs on the movie product so they put them in the hands of YouTube "influencers" who get them views.

Edited by bricksnator

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Rant over for now...

A few small reviewers have gotten the box from warner bros, smallest one I've seen to get it has 5.9k subs. 

On 8/2/2017 at 6:02 PM, gamejutzu said:

My Target had freshly stocked sets when I came in. Not a single movie set was touched :snicker: 
now if only I could find the CMF series... :look:

Try Barnes and Noble- I went in this morning and the box they had out was untouched.  My DD needed the N-Pop girl and we found her :sweet:  I was nervous we wouldn't because the reviewers all guessed she will be popular so we went on an adventure today.  She fits right into her Animal Town, where Minidolls and Mini Figs coexist in harmony. :laugh:

I also got Cole because that is my son's name!  I don't really know anything about Ninjago- but my nephews are all too happy to explain things to me.  I am going to win Aunt of the Year when they each get a movie set for their upcoming birthdays!

30 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

Try Barnes and Noble- I went in this morning and the box they had out was untouched.  My DD needed the N-Pop girl and we found her :sweet:  I was nervous we wouldn't because the reviewers all guessed she will be popular so we went on an adventure today.  She fits right into her Animal Town, where Minidolls and Mini Figs coexist in harmony. :laugh:

I also got Cole because that is my son's name!  I don't really know anything about Ninjago- but my nephews are all too happy to explain things to me.  I am going to win Aunt of the Year when they each get a movie set for their upcoming birthdays!

Barnes and Noble is always great for sets. I found the figures kind of by accident the other day and got five that I wanted. Plus, the 10% discount is super handy, especially when it's coupled with the 20% or 50% off stickers they sometimes have on older sets. 

Were there any pictures showing what's going on with the new Lloyd hoodie that also has hair? Is that a dual molded piece? Is the hoodie a separate piece from the hair?

5 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Were there any pictures showing what's going on with the new Lloyd hoodie that also has hair? Is that a dual molded piece? Is the hoodie a separate piece from the hair?

The hoodie is one piece and hair is printed on