Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

27 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Continuing my ongoing quest to get damn near any Ninjago movie sets:

tuesday or wednesday I went to Target and they told me friday. This morning at 830 (friday morning) I went there to see if they'd been stocked overnight (target does not have overnight stockers as they are closed from 10 to 8) The lady in the toy isle told me they would be out by 6 as they had just come in on the truck that morning and were one the pallets all shrinkwrapped together. I come back at 545, not one thing was different in the toy isle. The guy there goes to the back room and all the pallets are untouched. Calls the guy who is in charge of toys who is very appologetic, says they are short handed because of call ins and no shows. can't pull the pallets right now as they have so much unshelved stuff they have no place to put them. Expects to have his full crew on Saturday, promises that he will make the pallet with the lego stuff the first one he pulls down tomorrow. I want to scream in frustration.  Its amazing that as bad as my Target experience has been thus far they are in fact much better than Wal-mart. I will go back tomorrow after work and try again. The toy guy said he would pull aside the 4 sets I want and I could call him directly after 3 tomorrow. He took pictures of the labels with his phone. He geniunly seemed like he wanted to help, but had issues that had to be dealt with first. I'll look up the wal-mart prices and see if they'll match them

Call Wal-mart. They are as helpfull as barbarian invaders at a tea party.

I don't think there is a UCS falcon coming out. I can't find anything about it beyond an april fools post and some articles in May right after that. Does anyone have better information?

It's been rumored for quite a while and Lego is teasing the reveal of an absolutely humongous set on their Instagram. I think reliable sources like Just2Good have confirmed it as well. I'm guessing the Star Wars forums will have more info, so maybe check there. 

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but the Wal-Mart SKU for the Nya and Zane Wu Cru training polybag 30425 is 900715204.  I found some today while out clearance hunting with the family.  Also I noticed that some Wal-Marts/Targets had most or all of the ninjago movie sets or they had near empty Lego isles.  Seemed kind of weird.

They're all at some stage of the resets. I only went to one yesterday, and it only had a couple of the sets out, but several empty spots on the shelves.

Picked up 4 CMFs, got the Great White (which I thought was the Angler), the gong rocker and two Misakos. 

I'm glad I got a duplicate of her, the hairpiece is marvelous.

Next are the shark General and n pop girl..

I just noticed one oddity - Kai's Armor in the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon is a different color than in all his other appearances - there it is flat silver, but it is gunmetal gray in all other sets. Even odder, the minifigures lineup at the front of the box shows it as gunmetal gray whereas the box art depicts it as flat silver. It was just something I found a bit strange given I wouldn't think it should differ throughout sets as it's one color for the character.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

I just noticed one oddity - Kai's Armor in the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon is a different color than in all his other appearances - there it is flat silver, but it is gunmetal gray in all other sets. Even odder, the minifigures lineup at the front of the box shows it as gunmetal gray whereas the box art depicts it as flat silver. It was just something I found a bit strange given I wouldn't think it should differ throughout sets as it's one color for the character.

Could be an error on the box. The Wu figure in the DB is depicted with two different expressions, one on the box art and one on the figure lineup. I guess errors like these happen.

7 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Could be an error on the box. The Wu figure in the DB is depicted with two different expressions, one on the box art and one on the figure lineup. I guess errors like these happen.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking except the set actually came with the wrong color, which was a bit odd given that his other appearances have a different one.

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking except the set actually came with the wrong color, which was a bit odd given that his other appearances have a different one.

Weird...well, one of them had to be the error. I wonder if he switches it out in the movie or if the lighting in a certain scene makes it look different?

I finally got around to using the mod for the Fire Mech posted a few weeks back to give it leg articulation and it generally looks good!

Leg Articulation

Unfortunately, this is about as far as you can make it move as the upper leg cannot move forward much and the feet cannot articulate vertically pretty much at all. Additionally, it can't quite hold a pose - the joints buckle after a few minutes in a sustained pose. To fix these, however, you would probably have to modify the torso and foot build significantly as user Kevin Low has done on Flickr here:

kaifiremechmod06

I'm still deciding myself whether I want to keep it as close to the set as possible or go all-out like this. I'll probably do a mix of both.

17 minutes ago, Master_Data said:

The second option looks pretty cool. I really don't get why mechs nowadays don't have knee articulation. It just looks so good.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the second but it does take away some of the unique things I liked about it, namely the angled lower front armor and angles upper foot armor, both of which damper articulation pretty severely but look so darn cool. 

Picked up the Lego Ninjago city chase at the weekend, must be one of  the best 15 pound sets Lego have made.  Its just awesome, Love the police tuk tuk, the stall is nice, really appreciate getting the street lights and the signs.  Plus you get a great selection of mini figures for the price. 

13 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Misaktopus: the true Ultimate Ultimate Weapon. Speaking of which, what is actually the weapon in the temple? There's just a treasure box on a pedestal and some blue fire at the top of it. I would've expected the laser pointer to be the weapon. 

Went to my local toy store to buy a few Ninjago Movie sets but found Dragons Forge set with 35% discount and got it instead. And also that small Spinjitsu training set too. I guess Master Falls and Jelly sub will have to wait.

59 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Misaktopus: the true Ultimate Ultimate Weapon. Speaking of which, what is actually the weapon in the temple? There's just a treasure box on a pedestal and some blue fire at the top of it. I would've expected the laser pointer to be the weapon. 

O would gues that Laser pointer us just "ultimate weapon" which has power to call "Mnaudra" but in Temple there is "cat food" (or something like that = those pearl gold flower pieces) and this is "Ultimate ultimate weapon" because u can control "Mnaudra" through it ;)))

56 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

O would gues that Laser pointer us just "ultimate weapon" which has power to call "Mnaudra" but in Temple there is "cat food" (or something like that = those pearl gold flower pieces) and this is "Ultimate ultimate weapon" because u can control "Mnaudra" through it ;)))

Meowthra? sorry its probaley a translation thing but by Mnaudra you mean the cat right?

20 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Meowthra? sorry its probaley a translation thing but by Mnaudra you mean the cat right?

Oh sorry pf course "meowthra" i forgot to swirch to english and instead of that use czech translation :)))

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

That makes more sense, I guess. 

Picked up the Spinjitzu Training set. It's pretty cool and a great price!

Concluding my adventures with Target. Sunday afternoon I went back to Target. Still nothing. Pissed off I went home and ordered Destiny's Bounty from Toys r us via Ebay (shop.lego.com was sold out.). Monday afternoon I go back to Target for one last time. Finally they have some stuff out. Not Destiny's Bounty which was the one I wanted most, but I got Spinjitus training, street chase, and master falls. Which were the small ones I wanted. Not going back to Target again.

34 minutes ago, turk187 said:

the sign in the spinjitsu training set says "dojo wu"

Ïts the same one as in Destiny´s Bouny set... :)