Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Well it looks like someone at Target put out some of the collectable mini figures. And I was able to get the four I wanted (Garmadons & Lloyds). 

Apologies if this has already been covered I was hoping that somebody could answer a question about the CMF boxes...

Am I correct in thinking that each of the three rows in the box houses a full set? I had planned on getting a box, as I want two full sets, but if it's as simple as grabbing two full rows then I'd rather take that option...

Cheers.

Also...has anyone done a comparison of the figures across the various sets? It's hard to tell whether the figures are duplicates or whether there are variants in there...

24 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Apologies if this has already been covered I was hoping that somebody could answer a question about the CMF boxes...

Am I correct in thinking that each of the three rows in the box houses a full set? I had planned on getting a box, as I want two full sets, but if it's as simple as grabbing two full rows then I'd rather take that option...

Cheers.

Also...has anyone done a comparison of the figures across the various sets? It's hard to tell whether the figures are duplicates or whether there are variants in there...

I'm not sure that row thing is really true. I grabbed 5 bags off of one row out of a brand new box I opened myself at HEB and got 2 duplicates.

Can you not mini-mod? That is against the rules too you know.

I have been trying to figure what should be happening with videos, soon enough we'll have a more concrete rule.

21 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

This just appeared on Brickset:

30609-1.jpg?201707311031

That is one awesome minifig!! :wub:

Too bad the hoodie piece isn't exclusive anymore but it's worth it for this fig, I wonder if this might be what theatres hand out when seeing the movie 

Edited by Sr1847

Isn't that the same body piece as in other sets/CMF with the hood piece from the CMF?  Doesn't look new to me. Even if it is, I don't care for another lloyd fig :look:

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Isn't that the same body piece as in other sets/CMF with the hood piece from the CMF?  Doesn't look new to me. Even if it is, I don't care for another lloyd fig :look:

The torso is indeed new- it is the hoodie zipped down to reveal his ninja outfit, a pretty cool fig in my opinion and reminds me of the Clark Kent fig with opened shirt from the Superheroes line

On 30/07/2017 at 7:10 AM, ReZourceman said:

I saw the sets on Argos' instore system, and was able to buy minifigures, but NOT any sets. 

Don't suppose you have the Argos catalogue number for the Minifigures? ?

Is there any hope it will be given away with newspapers (in the UK) or as a gift with purchase (like pj Emmet and disco/tears batman respectively) as I haven't seen cinemas hand out figures here in the UK.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

As with the majority of polybags and exclusive stuff, I presume this will never reach Australia? Also, does anyone know the Australian prices for the sets? Cheers! :)

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

This just appeared on Brickset:

*Cool L-loyd polybag pic was here*

That is one awesome minifig!! :wub:

So, what retail location I don't have access to will this little gem be showing up at? I like what they did here, and I hazard to say this one should have been in the CMF wave and regular-butt hooded L-loyd should have been the polybag.

Also, does anyone know the Australian prices for the sets? Cheers! :)

Ninja of Fire, here ya go:

https://bricksaustralia.wordpress.com/2017/07/03/ninjago-movie-australian-set-prices-announced/

Edited by K_Tiger

59 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

So, what retail location I don't have access to will this little gem be showing up at? 

^ this :snicker:   .      .      .          I feel you. :cry_sad:

Rant incoming (relevant for the last 7 pages or so):

I'm still amazed at how much talk there could possibly be generated by just the fact that sets show up before the street date. Guy 1 has seen sets x, y and z at that store in that particular US state, so Guy 2 in another state and finds them at said store, but not available for retail. Meanwhile, Guys 3 and 4 are asking for certain numbers of set y and z, respectively, and wonder if set x is an exclusive to store a, b or c. Guy 5 confirms that he purchased set y at the store in the particular US state d, but forgot to note one of those certain numbers. Guy 6 lives in the UK and has found all the sets at a certain other store. Guys 7-13 check what the fuzz is all about, so they are trying to get numbers, prices and availability of sets x, y and z in country A and B, US state d, e, f, and store a, b, c confirmed. 

You might wonder: how much of this is "set discussion"? Sharing the spots to go to with other LEGO fans is a good thing for the community, but after the street date (the very near future) they'll be available everywhere! 

Maybe I'm just a little salty because I don't have a Target, Walmart, Argos, Smyths, Toys'R'us, LEGOland (Discovery) Store or LEGO Brand Store within the radius of at least 100 km...  :sadnew:

On 27/07/2017 at 11:25 AM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I think its just an error, here in the uk lego has had all the sets including the otherwise retailer exclusives (so far at least) so it would be a shame for them to stop now, I was also unable to find the jellyfish one or garmandons mech.

I think I was right as now the UK site shows both the ice tank and the jelly sub as available for sale.

Ninjago city is listed as coming soon.

What the blazes happened with the price for the ice tank?! It's £20 more than Kai's mech but has fewer pieces! The Temple is the same price but with 500 more pieces! Waa really looking forward to that set and now feel like I'm being cheated - rest of the wave is superbly priced.

5 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

What the blazes happened with the price for the ice tank?! It's £20 more than Kai's mech but has fewer pieces! The Temple is the same price but with 500 more pieces! Waa really looking forward to that set and now feel like I'm being cheated - rest of the wave is superbly priced.

What's the price for it? It's still not on the Dutch S@H, but I guess it'll cost €89.99.

11 hours ago, Ninja of Fire said:

As with the majority of polybags and exclusive stuff, I presume this will never reach Australia? Also, does anyone know the Australian prices for the sets? Cheers! :)

Yep. Another great polybag that we'll never get here down under  :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Even if the Fire Mech is pretty big itself, I think the Ice Tank may be bigger, and more of those parts seem to be larger parts (large wedge plates for the armor plating, long Technic beams for the undercarriage, large rear wheels, plus those huge new half-cone pieces for the rotating drum on the back), so it having a worse price-per-piece than the Fire Mech (which seems to have fewer huge parts and more small detail elements) isn't entirely surprising.