Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

What a strange number 4,04€. I thought saleswise they would sell them for 3,99€ that sounds a lot cheaper (it isnt though), but because of the high prices i'll only buy one or two. Zane (for his cool shirt and strange hair) and Angler Fish soldier.  Maybe also the n-pop girl. 

Btw is the angler fish headpiece solid hard plastic or rubbery? 

Edited by Borex
Added a question

14 minutes ago, Borex said:

What a strange number 4,04€. I thought saleswise they would sell them for 3,99€ that sounds a lot cheaper (it isnt though), but because of the high prices i'll only buy one or two. Zane (for his cool shirt and strange hair) and Angler Fish soldier.  Maybe also the n-pop girl. 

Btw is the angler fish headpiece solid hard plastic or rubbery? 

It's rubber 

Picked them up today at my local lego shop (Playtoday) for €3.99. They have the other sets for good prices: Destiny's Bounty for €149.99 and all the other sets prices at DE prices or lower. 

Convinced myself that I shouldn't buy any of these sets as they don't find my themed room, but Lego doesn't always make sets as finished as these so I had to do it. Now I need to make room for all of these without displaying them next to my SW collection. Also the headpiece is rubber. 

Went back to Smyths today to take advantage of the 3 for 2 on Lego Dimensions and saw they had all the Ninjago Movie sets, except the city of course.  Bought set 70607

Found all sets in a small store in Austria - when I went out with Lloyd's dragon, some shy people were asking me where I got it from (with a glimpse like I just stole their heroin :grin: ).

Have to say I'm super critical about builds - but after a few minor colour swaps, this is the best Lego set I have ever purchased :wub:
Ninjago really is such a precious theme.

So, I gotta get down to Smyths then. CMFs and probable discounts/clearance on older NinjaGo sets to free up shelf space?

I sighted some sets in Waterstones, an (alleged) bookshop chain. But the prices there are rather shocking so I held off.

58 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

So, I gotta get down to Smyths then. CMFs and probable discounts/clearance on older NinjaGo sets to free up shelf space?

I sighted some sets in Waterstones, an (alleged) bookshop chain. But the prices there are rather shocking so I held off.

If I may ask, what do you mean by alleged? There are plenty of them around where I live (I'm an Edinburger) and at least in Scotland their prices seem pretty average, though they're not normally discounted. Sorry!

I've seen them in a few places in and around Edinburgh, such as in Toys Galore in Morningside and strangely enough in Dobbies Garden Centre in Dalkeith

6 hours ago, TheBrickPal said:

Check out some photo highlights below. Juniors set next!

I'm trying to figure out if that sword holder in the fourth photo down is new or not. At first I thought it was the same as the Prince of Persia mold that appeared in TOE, but it doesn't seem to have a neck bracket anywhere. Seems odd that they'd make a new mold just for this though. Has it appeared before? 

41 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I'm trying to figure out if that sword holder in the fourth photo down is new or not. At first I thought it was the same as the Prince of Persia mold that appeared in TOE, but it doesn't seem to have a neck bracket anywhere. Seems odd that they'd make a new mold just for this though. Has it appeared before? 

According to the Review it's new. Is stuck in by a technic pin. 

7 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

According to the Review it's new. Is stuck in by a technic pin. 

Wait, that isn't the TMNT mold?

I saw the sets on Argos' instore system, and was able to buy minifigures, but NOT any sets. 

They had Zane's Ice Tank on their system too, so perhaps it's exclusive to Argos in the UK. Basically, when checking for stock it said "go speak to someone", and when I checked with someone, she said they had been removed from sale, but no reason given. (Obviously I knew it was due to the release date). Anyway, happy as managed to get 3 for 2 on the minifigures (but they only had 9 in stock).

Next minifig with the magazine is Kai:

Am I now officially responsible for searching these on YT every month? :tongue:

I hope Samurai X and (ninja) Nya will be included eventually, since I don't have money for the Samurai VXL, which might be related to the movie wave... 

I'm a stranger around these parts (I usually live in the Star Wars forums... I'm asking for my son!) but I wondered if anyone knew if the Flying Jelly Sub set was a store exclusive anywhere. S@H in the UK is showing most of the other sets as 'coming soon', but no sign of this set. Is it an Argos or TRU exclusive? 

Just now, Richpepperell said:

I'm a stranger around these parts (I usually live in the Star Wars forums... I'm asking for my son!) but I wondered if anyone knew if the Flying Jelly Sub set was a store exclusive anywhere. S@H in the UK is showing most of the other sets as 'coming soon', but no sign of this set. Is it an Argos or TRU exclusive? 

It's an Argos exclusive

Just now, Clx_45 said:

Death to street dates!

<snip>

Here's a pretty solid review for those interested.

Doesn't the policy here prevent self-advertising?? The moderators are going to ban you if you keep promoting your own content.

Edited by LegoShroom

2 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Doesn't the policy here prevent self-advertising?? The moderators are going to ban you if you keep promoting your own content.

No problem I'll delete it 

18 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

It's ok when Just2Good does it though? I don't want to start a flame war so I'll end it here but I'm just saying what I see. 

On 7/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Found the Ice Tank polybag at my Target, but sadly they didn't have any of the CMFs, Ninjago Movie sets, or Ragnarok sets. 

Same thing here. I found it quite odd.