Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, Sr1847 said:

I'm wondering if u felt for Kendo Kai how hard was it to distinguish him/find his parts.

His armor is relatively distinct. Could look for for the 6L bars as well.

36 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

His armor is relatively distinct. Could look for for the 6L bars as well.

Ok thx a lot

7 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

I'm wondering if u felt for Kendo Kai how hard was it to distinguish him/find his parts.

Yeah, the 6L bars gave him away. He was fairly far back in the set of 20, so I had eliminated all but a few before I got to feeling for him which made it easier.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Yeah, the 6L bars gave him away. He was fairly far back in the set of 20, so I had eliminated all but a few before I got to feeling for him which made it easier.

Ok thx a lot as I really need him for that hair piece 

The CMF series is a bit weak - not only do we get duplicates but some of those duplicates (Kai, Angler etc) actually have less printing than the 'standard' versions available in the sets. How strange...

5 hours ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

The CMF series is a bit weak - not only do we get duplicates but some of those duplicates (Kai, Angler etc) actually have less printing than the 'standard' versions available in the sets. How strange...

Speaking, it looks like the Wu CMF actually has arm printing, while the set version doesn't. It's strange :tongue:

48 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Speaking, it looks like the Wu CMF actually has arm printing, while the set version doesn't. It's strange :tongue:

I believe casual L-loyd has arm printing that the set variant lacks as well.

6 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

L-loyd

Out of curiosity, why do I keep seeing his name written like this?  Do they pronounce his name like that on the show or something?

Just now, x105Black said:

Out of curiosity, why do I keep seeing his name written like this?  Do they pronounce his name like that on the show or something?

It's in the movie trailers. Garmadon insists on saying both L's.

33 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

It's in the movie trailers. Garmadon insists on saying both L's.

Pretty much this.

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on this thread, but does anyone know if Ninjago City will have early VIP access in August?

I

Just now, BrickRally217 said:

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere on this thread, but does anyone know if Ninjago City will have early VIP access in August?

It will. I believe it's out the 17th.

I upgraded the quake mech's polybag version to actually have a wheel and a some of the missing lights from the full scale version:

800x372.jpg

Garma Mecha Man is the surprise of the wave for me. Sure, it's not as good on a price to parts ratio as some sets, but it's a lot more substantial in the flesh with a number of nice touches. If the budget allows, I wouldn't overlook it.

57 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Garma Mecha Man is the surprise of the wave for me. Sure, it's not as good on a price to parts ratio as some sets, but it's a lot more substantial in the flesh with a number of nice touches. If the budget allows, I wouldn't overlook it.

I was watching a build review of it today, and it's much bigger than I expected. I'm routinely surprised by the sizes of Lego sets even when I know how they look next to figures. I don't think I'll get the set though, as I want the walking shark mech more. 

10 hours ago, turk187 said:

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Brickvault has a livestream (10 hours) of the city set Its on there twitch https://www.twitch.tv/brickvault/videos/all and on youtube they have a summery video 

So much to unpack in this video! Bionicle G2 lettering along the edge of the small second-story apartment, a Lego-ized remake of the Galidor poster (with actual Galidor writing to boot), Return of the Brick Separator poster (featuring the set designers!), the BELIEVE poster from The Lego Movie, trading cards ranging from Chima to Adventurers to Fabuland, an M-Tron logo on the shopping bag in the costume store... definitely a lot of deep cuts in terms of references.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

So much to unpack in this video! Bionicle G2 lettering along the edge of the small second-story apartment, a Lego-ized remake of the Galidor poster (with actual Galidor writing to boot), Return of the Brick Separator poster (featuring the set designers!), the BELIEVE poster from The Lego Movie, trading cards ranging from Chima to Adventurers to Fabuland, an M-Tron logo on the shopping bag in the costume store... definitely a lot of deep cuts in terms of references.

And I had ALMOST convinced myself I didn't need this set. Thanks a lot, Brickvault. 

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Speaking of those trading cards from NINJAGO City, most of them (or at least those I could find) are references to earlier products.

Note: Image heavy post in spoiler tags. Please also note that part of the sticker sheet for the NINJAGO City set are shown below, if you consider it a "product spoiler"

Spoiler

To start, here's the trading card stickers on just one of the sticker sheets for Ninjago City.

p8CRzNP.png

27- Unikitty Card is... well, I did some sleuthing, and I'm not quite sure where this one is from. Any guesses?

28- Ninjago Spinjitzu Spinner Fire Ability Card "Head Spin"

4631417.jpg

29- Johnny Thunder (India) Orient Expidition Card

4189436pb01.gif

30- Ninjago Spinjitzu Spinner Ice Ability Card "Panic Stations"

4643685.jpg

31- Lloyd Garmadon (Young) Character Card

4643606.jpg

32- Rock Raiders Three Minifig Pack #2 Sparks Card Back

https://www.bricklink.com/GL/4142694pb3.gif

Thanks @Karateduo1 for coming to a consensus with me on the matter.

33- Fabuland Memory Game Card #6 (William Walrus)

bbf06.jpg

34- Laval Speedorz Character Card

6020982.gif

EDIT: Added reference to sticker 32

Edited by Penkid11

28 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Speaking of those trading cards from NINJAGO City, most of them (or at least those I could find) are references to earlier products.

Note: Image heavy post in spoiler tags. Please also note that part of the sticker sheet for the NINJAGO City set are shown below, if you consider it a "product spoiler"

Hide contents

To start, here's the trading card stickers on just one of the sticker sheets for Ninjago City.

p8CRzNP.png

27- Unikitty Card is... well, I did some sleuthing, and I'm not quite sure where this one is from. Any guesses?

28- Ninjago Spinjitzu Spinner Fire Ability Card "Head Spin"

4631417.jpg

29- Johnny Thunder (India) Orient Expidition Card

4189436pb01.gif

30- Ninjago Spinjitzu Spinner Ice Ability Card "Panic Stations"

4643685.jpg

31- Lloyd Garmadon (Young) Character Card

4643606.jpg

32- I'm not sure where this card of some sort of miner is from. It's neither Power Miners (yes, those exist), Rock Raiders, Knights Kingdom II, Ninjago, Chima, Fabuland, Bionicle, nor Orient Expedition. I know that there have been promos for Lego City that included trading cards, but I'm not sure if it is. Anyone have a clue?

33- Fabuland Memory Game Card #6 (William Walrus)

bbf06.jpg

34- Laval Speedorz Character Card

6020982.gif

Spoiler

I think it's this one.

Sparkscard.jpg

Edited by Karateduo1
File did not upload

Just now, Karateduo1 said:
  Hide contents

I think it's this one.

Sparkscard.jpg

See, that isn't quite as accurate as the other stickers are if this is what that miner is a reference to (which despite their size, are quite accurate).

I was debating whether it is.

I was also thinking that the Unikitty picture had something to do with the card backing for the SDCC Cheery Kitty, but that's not it.

Edited by Penkid11