Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

If you live in the UK Argos's eBay store has put most of the sets up early with the option to pick up immediately in store. I got Destiny's Bounty yesterday and for only £109.99!

So, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already. But apparently the dragon mech polybag isn't as exclusive as we thought. It's showing up in Discovery Centers across th country. 

Also can you get into the shops without having to pay for a ticket? I would assume yes, but imma about to go check out the Dallas Discovery center.

Just now, LegendsOfNinjago said:

So, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already. But apparently the dragon mech polybag isn't as exclusive as we thought. It's showing up in Discovery Centers across th country. 

Also can you get into the shops without having to pay for a ticket? I would assume yes, but imma about to go check out the Dallas Discovery center.

Yes, shops are open to the public without having to pay a ticket (plus without needing a kid with you, which is great)

For those of you with Ninjago Movie Sets: did yours come with sorting trays and carrying containers? I purchased Lloyd's Dragon and Jay's Jet and was pleased to find free sorting trays and carrying containers in bags labeled "Special Item: Limited Promotion"

It was a really neat surprise to get those and was wondering if anyone else got them. Note: Kai's Mech and Zane's Tank did not have those, so I'm wondering if it is random or other people got them in those specific sets.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Yes, shops are open to the public without having to pay a ticket (plus without needing a kid with you, which is great)

For those of you with Ninjago Movie Sets: did yours come with sorting trays and carrying containers? I purchased Lloyd's Dragon and Jay's Jet and was pleased to find free sorting trays and carrying containers in bags labeled "Special Item: Limited Promotion"

It was a really neat surprise to get those and was wondering if anyone else got them. Note: Kai's Mech and Zane's Tank did not have those, so I'm wondering if it is random or other people got them in those specific sets.

Cool, planning a day trip then. Also that's pretty neat! 

3 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

yes you go into the store without buying a ticket as I get all my sets from the local discovery centre store which is always up to date with the polybag promotions ohhh and for £60 a year you can get a special annual pass that gives you 10 percent off any purchases from the LEGOLAND Shop

6 hours ago, guybarlo said:

If you live in the UK Argos's eBay store has put most of the sets up early with the option to pick up immediately in store. I got Destiny's Bounty yesterday and for only £109.99!

the lego ninjago movie sets are out in argos UK?

Edited by ninjagoyax555

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

the lego ninjago movie sets are out in argos UK?

Only on their eBay store, but you can select to pick them up from any Argos that has them, when you go to buy it it shows you a map of the ones that have them. They don't appear on their actual website.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

edited to add link to their eBay store

Edited by guybarlo

5 minutes ago, guybarlo said:

Only on their eBay store, but you can select to pick them up from any Argos that has them, when you go to buy it it shows you a map of the ones that have them. They don't appear on their actual website.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

edited to add link to their eBay store

what about the actual store ?? cuz i am going to there towrrow  

6 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

what about the actual store ?? cuz i am going to there towrrow  

choose the set you want from their eBay store and you will be able to pick it up in store tomorrow. They have them instore but there is no way to order them other than through eBay yet

On 22/07/2017 at 7:53 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

Again can we discuss movie elswhere? 

Btw have you noticed this vid ? 

So they confirmed something we already figured out ourselves, but it' s nice to have it confirmed officially. The building is designed to fit in with the Modular series (at 3:28:20).

Still not sure why they denied this on their FB page following the initial reveal.

1 hour ago, Gorki247 said:

So they confirmed something we already figured out ourselves, but it' s nice to have it confirmed officially. The building is designed to fit in with the Modular series (at 3:28:20).

Still not sure why they denied this on their FB page following the initial reveal.

They made a mistake. Doesn't need any more complicated explanation than that. The modularity was not mentioned in any of the summaries, and to be honest I don't think the social media team generally gets much more background information than that to go on.

I find it interesting that Lego wants this movie to revive the cartoon as well so they are soft rebooting the show to make the characters look and sound like their movie characters. I wonder when they will cross back into the tv show with the sets, it's going to be interesting to see how they handle this

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I find it interesting that Lego wants this movie to revive the cartoon as well so they are soft rebooting the show to make the characters look and sound like their movie characters. I wonder when they will cross back into the tv show with the sets, it's going to be interesting to see how they handle this

Technically it's just Lloyd getting a change in voice, but we've needed Lloyd to grow up since the Posession wave. That doesn't mean the other Ninja aren't changed, but the actors are the same. I'm fully okay with this immersion.

ESPECIALLY IF IT GIVES US MORE MECHS. And maybe bad guys that are actually "human."

While I love new Season 8 Lloyd looking more like movie version, what's with green eyes? He had black eyes for 7 season and now all of a sudden his eyes are green... Hope other ninjas don this get such drastic changes as well, especially Zane whose Movie version is the worst redesign of all ninjas! Hopefully Zane will stay titanium like he's now.

Edited by benderisgreat

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

While I love new Season 8 Lloyd looking more like movie version, what's with green eyes? He had black eyes for 7 season and now all of a sudden his eyes are green... Hope other ninjas don this get such drastic changes as well, especially Zane whose Movie version is the worst redesign of all ninjas! Hopefully Zane will stay titanium like he's now.

This is a thread for 2017 sets only. And seeing as we won't get anymore tv show sets in 2017 this isn't relevant. The moderators keep telling you guys to stop discussing topics not relevent to this thread and yet you continue to do so. Stop being ignorant guys.

Back on topic... any new set sightings? I gave Target and TRU a shot yesterday and struck out at both.

Also, someone should start a Ninjago 2018 sets thread. The Comic-Con teaser showed a couple vehicles and several potential figures.

Just now, bricksnator said:

Back on topic... any new set sightings? I gave Target and TRU a shot yesterday and struck out at both.

I've heard they were seen in a Texas-based supermarket chain, but I haven't checked there yet. Actually, it sounds like Texas Targets are the only ones that have put them out early.

Toys r us apparently has all of the ninjago movie sets but they can't put them out yet until August 1st so the hope is someone puts them out by mistake and they give it to you because of the mistake. That's what happened to me with the lightning jet which is actually a really good set in hand

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Toys r us apparently has all of the ninjago movie sets but they can't put them out yet until August 1st so the hope is someone puts them out by mistake and they give it to you because of the mistake. That's what happened to me with the lightning jet which is actually a really good set in hand

Probably what happened to Jang as well 

1 hour ago, bricksnator said:

Also, someone should start a Ninjago 2018 sets thread. The Comic-Con teaser showed a couple vehicles and several potential figures.

Usually the mods do that so the first post will be updated over the course of the year with new set details.

They'll probably put them out a few days early, maybe even by next Sunday, but I've never found a store which put them out this early. It's pretty uncommon, although it's great for all those who lucked out with the movie sets at their stores!

Edited by Master_Data

On 7/23/2017 at 4:32 PM, guybarlo said:

choose the set you want from their eBay store and you will be able to pick it up in store tomorrow. They have them instore but there is no way to order them other than through eBay yet

i got two the lego ninjago movies sets today instore will get some more next week haha