Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Apparently Lego "misspoke" on Twitter. Trailer is coming tomorrow for sure. Full tweet:

"Sorry all! We got a little over excited ourselves & misspoke. The new @NINJAGOmovie trailer will be out Saturday! Thanks for your patience."

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Apparently Lego "misspoke" on Twitter. Trailer is coming tomorrow for sure. Full tweet:

"Sorry all! We got a little over excited ourselves & misspoke. The new @NINJAGOmovie trailer will be out Saturday! Thanks for your patience."

The U.K. Warner Bros channel just uploaded the trailer. 

I am definitely in love with the Destiny's Bounty set. For some unexplained reason, I just adore Lego boats and ships of all types- I love the pirate ships they make and I'll also buy the Friends cruise ships. I can't wait to get the Bounty, but I wish it had sleeping quarters for the ninja instead of just Wu. Maybe I'll modify it and include little narrow bunks for them. I'm trying to wait until August 10th to buy the sets, but I might end up caving before then. 

17 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The U.K. Warner Bros channel just uploaded the trailer. 

Oh, ok XD. Apparently Lego has no idea when it comes to the release of this trailer lol.

EDIT: Wow that trailer is seriously amazing! Not gonna say anything else though, since this isn't the movie discussion thread.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

With the new trailer I think showed us one thing about the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon. So the flowers in the box might be a very certain type of flower which I think is very funny and a amazing use of this a part of the "ultimate ultimate weapon"

Just saw the second trailer and while it gave away the best joke it did trigger anticipation unlike the first trailer. Chan has a bad voice for Wu though. That lego school bus will become a favourite thing on wishlists I assume.

Again can we discuss movie elswhere? 

Btw have you noticed this vid ? 

Edited by Blazej_Holen

57 minutes ago, horizon said:

That lego school bus will become a favourite thing on wishlists I assume.

I have an insatiable desire for that School Bus.

We'll never get it, at least at that scale, but dang, it's cool.

I went to Target today and the man I was talking too said that the store was expecting to get the sets the 10th...of August.

Hopefully hope his palm pad inventory thing is lying, he said he could get me the Garmadon MechaMan, but I'm not interested in it. I'm going to call my Walmart tomorrow and call my Local Lego Store and see what they if anything. I was gonna go to Dallas next weekend and pick the sets up from the Discovery Center but plans got shifted. 

I'm terribly desperate for these sets and I know I can/should weight but hot dang I want them.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:23 PM, Robert8 said:

I wonder if they are going to release a young Misako minifigure with baby Lloyd.

Baby Lloyd is the second trailer!

Also, I wonder if they are going to release a Lloyd minifigure without the arm. That would be a funny occurrence

Interesting trailer.

Well here is a few thing I noticed:

Lloyd dragon looks absolutely amazing!!
On the flashback scene there is the sushi chef minifigure on the front.
That thing that pushed down Lloyd from the Temple (?) what was that?! I thought it was Jay to save him from whatever but zooming in.. It is not. It is the Shark Army General.

US Trailer with dancing Wu.

And a brand new Short clip with a better look of the Fire mech and Ice Tank.

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

Interesting trailer.

Well here is a few thing I noticed:

Lloyd dragon looks absolutely amazing!!
On the flashback scene there is the sushi chef minifigure on the front.
That thing that pushed down Lloyd from the Temple (?) what was that?! I thought it was Jay to save him from whatever but zooming in.. It is not. It is the Shark Army General.

Yeah, looks like the female Shark Army General coming off that windmill after him.

10 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Again can we discuss movie elswhere? 

Btw have you noticed this vid ? 

Thanks for the video.

The trailers shows upcoming Lego sets and things we might wish as a set. Bus for example.

So talking about the trailer is good from that point of view.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, looks like the female Shark Army General coming off that windmill after him.

Look at her face though. It's really creepy. Maybe we could get a face like that in later sets?

1. 38 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:
    1. Look at her face though. It's really creepy. Maybe we could get a face like that in later sets?

Yeah, she kind of has a Joker-like rictus going on. I wouldn't mind seeing it slipped into a set next year.

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Her cape is singed as well. Perhaps a fall from grace in a similar vein to the CMF for Great White?

Another interesting thing to note is that Piranha Mech in the trailers. Wasn't it mentioned that it was one of the sets rumored for the Winter Wave?

22 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Her cape is singed as well. Perhaps a fall from grace in a similar vein to the CMF for Great White?

Another interesting thing to note is that Piranha Mech in the trailers. Wasn't it mentioned that it was one of the sets rumored for the Winter Wave?

Yes, Piranha Mech is one of the rumored winter wave sets, along with the Volcano Base.

I love the Piranha Mech design and it's the most army-buildable set, assuming they keep it in that $15 to $20 range.