Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

17 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

The marketing hasn't fully kicked in. We'll get clips, TV spots, etc. as release draws nearer.

I'm curious to see what the freebie is for tonight's panel. Hope it's NOT an exclusive movie figure...

It's not. I heard it was an "activity" based giveaway

38 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

We should be getting a new trailer today as a part of the comic con panel. 

Yeah, I'm expecting that, I just feel like there's so much less marketing for this movie than there was for the Lego Batman Movie. Although I guess Batman is a lot more popular, so it makes sense why they'd market him more. 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I'm expecting that, I just feel like there's so much less marketing for this movie than there was for the Lego Batman Movie. Although I guess Batman is a lot more popular, so it makes sense why they'd market him more. 

But Ninjago doesn't have the well known brand and characters to pull the general audience in 

Edited by Sr1847

Just now, Sr1847 said:

But Ninjago doesn't have the well known brand and characters to pull the general audience in 

Five seasons and the prelude being readily available on Netflix doesn't hurt exposure. 

Opening weekend box office numbers vs LEGO Batman's haul will tell all.

Just now, GentlemanJoker said:

The SDCC giveaway is just the Green Ninja Mech Dragon Mini polybag.

I'd still like that. There's some nice pieces, glad it's nothing exclusive. 

4 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Five seasons and the prelude being readily available on Netflix doesn't hurt exposure. 

Opening weekend box office numbers vs LEGO Batman's haul will tell all.

Netflix has a different availability around the globe. In the Netherlands only the prelude with the skeletons and season 1 with the snakes is available on Netflix.

I do not expect big boxoffice numbers for Ninjago. Batman had Batman and the Lego movie was so generic in title it had broad appeal. 

Really good reviews might help ofcourse.  

Edited by horizon

New details on the LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game!

Plus some info about what was heard on SDCC at the LEGO Ninjago Movie Panel:

"Zane wants to be a real teenager"

"The Ninja must go back to their roots"

Just a reminder for everyone.

Please, keep the discussion on this thread set-oriented.

Trailers, other merchandising and video games talk belong elsewhere.

Thanks.

Just acquired Zane's Ice Tank from a Lego Store in Korea - the GWP was a nice Lego box with several unique goodies inside so couldn't pass it up. Will have a pictorial review up sometime tomorrow - but as a recap, I'm really liking this set.

So apparently the trailer is more than likely not coming out today according to the lego twitter and it will be out in a few weeks time 

25 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

So apparently the trailer is more than likely not coming out today according to the lego twitter and it will be out in a few weeks time 

They said it would be on their Twitter page today. I saw a tweet where they said something about how they're excited for the next trailer and there's only a few more weeks left to go, but I think they meant that there's only a few more weeks until the movie. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They said it would be on their Twitter page today. I saw a tweet where they said something about how they're excited for the next trailer and there's only a few more weeks left to go, but I think they meant that there's only a few more weeks until the movie. 

Idk what they meant really but tbh either option wouldn't surprise me I've gotten used to lego not promoting Ninjago much tbh

3 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

That was referring to the movie's launch.

All the assuming KFOLs and TFOLs (that strangely have Twitter) think that Lego was reffering to the trailer when it came to "a few months time," but low and behold, there's just a few weeks left until the movie's out.

Expect Lego to wait an entire 24 hours though, so that the trailer can remain an SDCC 'exclusive" for a day.

Also, why are we discussing this here? This is the set thread.

10 hours ago, Tahu said:

New details on the LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game!

*snipped video*

Plus some info about what was heard on SDCC at the LEGO Ninjago Movie Panel:

"Zane wants to be a real teenager"

"The Ninja must go back to their roots"

Regarding the video that Tahu posted above about the Lego Ninjago Videogame. It features the sets, as opposed to the movie models for the Mechs, so there's some brief footage of the previously unrevealed mech for Cole.

50 minutes ago, horizon said:

I like one thread with all about Ninjago more then different topics to follow. :)

Same

1 hour ago, horizon said:

I like one thread with all about Ninjago more then different topics to follow. :)

Some people want to focus on the sets, some want to focus on the canon. That means a singular thread would be full of posts that may not be interesting to half of the readers.

I went to my local Target today and found the Ice Tank polybag set. They had a ton at multiple checkout lanes but still no minifigures 

6 minutes ago, Knafstuds said:

I went to my local Target today and found the Ice Tank polybag set. They had a ton at multiple checkout lanes but still no minifigures 

This stuff is trickling out in the most peculiar manner. I may give a Target a shot later tonight or tomorrow.

8 hours ago, turk187 said:

Found this pic on a comic-con page. Shows the complete back of the set.

Thanks

I wonder why they don't include pictures from the back in the promo pics. It looks great!

The two Ninjago D2C sets so far are among the best sets released in recent years.