Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

i saw the the lego ninjago sets listed on the entertainer on there site and later on the remove it hmmm maybe they will be back on there in time for aug 

Today @ 6:45 pm. I'm more interested in the Ninjago TV panel on Sunday. Should get a look at S.8's villains.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 minute ago, Clx_45 said:

So when is the Ninjago Movie panel taking place?

6:45 pm PST tonight. I expect the trailer will come online shortly after it debuts during the panel.

Just now, bricksnator said:

6:45 pm PST tonight. I expect the trailer will come online shortly after it debuts during the panel.

Thanks, I'll be watching for it.

Reading the CMF review. Why make the hoods two pieces if you can't have the figure with the mouth mask and hair on at the same time? Seems like Zane would be the only figure who could do that. Also, I didn't realize that Lloyd's arms are printed! They look really good and I'm not sure how I missed it. 

8 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

I think that the set looks good. Not too scaled down at all. It's a shame about the cape for garmadon though.

on the entertainer site they listed the lego ninago movie sets but now they has been removed from there site it might come back on in time for aug right? 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Reading the CMF review. Why make the hoods two pieces if you can't have the figure with the mouth mask and hair on at the same time? Seems like Zane would be the only figure who could do that. Also, I didn't realize that Lloyd's arms are printed! They look really good and I'm not sure how I missed it. 

The hood mold is two pieces because the bottom part wraps under the head. It wouldn't be possible if it was one singular piece.

Is there any way to watch The Lego Ninjago Movie Panel live at SDCC? I know most panels aren't live but does anyone know if that one is?

21 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

The hood mold is two pieces because the bottom part wraps under the head. It wouldn't be possible if it was one singular piece.

But it doesn't need to wrap under the head. They've been doing one piece hoods that go over the head for a long time that have always looked good.

28 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

So it begins. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unreleased-LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-4867-Piece-NINJAGO-CITY-70620-Set-NEW-IN-HAND-/292190203397?hash=item4407e4ae05:g:o8wAAOSwPDZZcQDl

Please, everyone, don't pay scalper prices. It will be available at Lego Stores in less than a month for VIP members.

Definitely from Comic Con.

Just now, just2good said:

Definitely from Comic Con.

Yep. There's more than one on Ebay.

Hopefully a good reviewer is there and can grab one from the Lego booth.

But it doesn't need to wrap under the head. They've been doing one piece hoods that go over the head for a long time that have always looked good.

That's not the style they wanted. You don't have to like it but it does allow much more head articulation. 

54 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

So it begins. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unreleased-LEGO-NINJAGO-MOVIE-4867-Piece-NINJAGO-CITY-70620-Set-NEW-IN-HAND-/292190203397?hash=item4407e4ae05:g:o8wAAOSwPDZZcQDl

Please, everyone, don't pay scalper prices. It will be available at Lego Stores in less than a month for VIP members.

Some damn fool will pay $125 (or more) extra to have it a little early.

For the hood to taper in toward the neck, they needed to have two pieces. That's what they were going for this time.

14 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Some damn fool will pay $125 (or more) extra to have it a little early.

There's an auction for another one at $360 and climbing.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Just now, bricksnator said:

There's an auction for another one at $360 and climbing.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Solid $50 shipping to

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

That's not the style they wanted. You don't have to like it but it does allow much more head articulation. 

That is true, the added head articulation would be nice for displaying the figures in action poses. I didn't think of that. My favorite hoods are those dual molded ones they made for the Hands of Time and Possession waves. 

Just now, Tahu said:

New Poster

~snip~

Honestly I'm getting sick of seeing all these new posters. I want some more actual content, which is coming soon.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's kind of weird how we got like 4 trailers for the Batman movie and only 1 for the Ninjago Movie, even when it's just 2 months from release. 

The marketing hasn't fully kicked in. We'll get clips, TV spots, etc. as release draws nearer.

I'm curious to see what the freebie is for tonight's panel. Hope it's NOT an exclusive movie figure...

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's kind of weird how we got like 4 trailers for the Batman movie and only 1 for the Ninjago Movie, even when it's just 2 months from release. 

We should be getting a new trailer today as a part of the comic con panel.