Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, bricksnator said:

Good luck. I only wish it was a different set showing up. That one is my least favorite of the entire wave.

Thanks! Yeah, it's not one of the better sets but ranks higher in my mind than, say, the Manta Ray Ship, so I figured I'd grab it just to get a taste of the figures.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Plus Garma Mecha Man: 204-00-0482

it looks like for some reason Garma Mecha Man was sent out early/first: pretty much every store near me has it, but none of the other sets. Perhaps Target exclusives get sent out early?

It appears my job has been done for me! Good job @Falconfan1414

@legozebra yeah, I noticed that too. They didn't even have that set at my store this time around. It also appeared that the Aquaman set they had out was also missing from the selves too. 

Grabbed the Mecha Man set; it was just sitting out on shelves which was nice and easy for a change. Had to ask the back room for the Thor Ragnarok sets but no questions were asked and I was allowed to buy both sets easily, despite having been listed as not saleable on Brickseek.

DE9dce9XcAAU0VZ.png:large

Did some proper instructions for the fire mech leg with knees - view 'em here!

When you get to the mech's legs just use these instructions instead of the set version, mirror it for one of the legs and you'll be all set! I haven't counted up what extra pieces you'll need for this version, but other than the joint everything else is common stuff you've probably got tons of already. Oh yeah, and here's the LDD file too in case anyone wants to mess about with it.

Enjoy I guess!

7 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Grabbed the Mecha Man set; it was just sitting out on shelves which was nice and easy for a change. Had to ask the back room for the Thor Ragnarok sets but no questions were asked and I was allowed to buy both sets easily, despite having been listed as not saleable on Brickseek.

Let us know how you like it. I'm sitting on the fence.

1 hour ago, AyliffeMakit said:

When you get to the mech's legs just use these instructions instead of the set version, mirror it for one of the legs and you'll be all set! I haven't counted up what extra pieces you'll need for this version, but other than the joint everything else is common stuff you've probably got tons of already. Oh yeah, and here's the LDD file too in case anyone wants to mess about with it.

Enjoy I guess!

This is amazing! Thanks so much! I was always planning on modding it but you've made my job much easier! Thanks!

3 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

Enjoy I guess!

Being that Mech that top heavy, I am not sure if that one connection can hold it stable. Like those black front knee panels can pop off, causing the Mech to fall over.  I think the other technic ratchet joints used on the hips might be a better solution as they seems the have a stronger connection and might fit better with the leg details. 

Just in case you missed some, I reviewed a bunch of the sets which I got early from an independent seller I know:

Master Falls may cut down on the number of collectible minifigures I end up buying.  Anyone know what the requirements for the polybag will be?  Apologies if it is mentioned int he video, as I haven't had time to watch it.

1 hour ago, just2good said:

Just in case you missed some, I reviewed a bunch of the sets which I got early from an independent seller I know:

Thanks for sharing

Flying Jellyfish is the best set from those. 

I also think it looks like an alien ship. Like those tripods from War of the Worlds.

About the printing on the villain torso: all the villains in this line are sea animal themed (octopus, shark, ...) That villain in that set is the jellyfish one, so those are jellyfish tentacles printed on his torso. 

Instead of giving him a moulded mask, like the other villains, they just printed the jellyfish in that bubble helmet

5 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Working on a pictorial review right now

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Master Falls may cut down on the number of collectible minifigures I end up buying.  Anyone know what the requirements for the polybag will be?  Apologies if it is mentioned int he video, as I haven't had time to watch it.

It's going to be a pre-order bonus with the video game.

I just watched @just2good's review of the Jelly Sub, and here I was this whole time thinking that the hammerhead/shoulder pad mold was also one part with the dual oxygen tanks. Nope, the oxygen tanks are just the same old part separate from the hammerhead headgear.

By the way, have we ever had those oxygen tanks in gunmetal grey?

10 hours ago, bricksnator said:

Posted my review!

Rest of the Ninjago Movie Posters. Except Jay. 

d0329b156d0ab335b6486affd6a5edd8c93b0409

3c2cabe033d68271cc5edbd8e699953b0cded494

b891ea3b7042034f426b4716bf28b38e43506c64

4eb439f2d4f5b3f5c846a5698adbcccb7f21c902

Edited by Tahu

Based on the building videos, the destiny's bounty seems to be much smaller (40x12) than the imperial flag ship (60x16) despite having more pieces and only slightly lower prices. Could somebody confirm that please? 

3 minutes ago, wgemini said:

Based on the building videos, the destiny's bounty seems to be much smaller (40x12) than the imperial flag ship (60x16) despite having more pieces and only slightly lower prices. Could somebody confirm that please? 

The bounty is 17 inches high and 21 inches long

Just now, Sr1847 said:

The bounty is 17 inches high and 21 inches long

Thanks. The imperial flag ship was 29.5 inches (75cm) long and 23.6 inches (60cm) tall. Definitely much smaller (although the height is probably mostly the mast) 

I wonder if that arrow-less bow piece will be introduced in the second wave. The one Zane is holding I mean