Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Play and Display Case

I absolutely love this! I'll buying at least one! It's just2good! I can display MOCs or my custom minifigures on there, I just the concept so much, I'm definitely buying one!

20 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

They almost got me with the Sand Green, but I think the $30 would be better spent elsewhere.

Super expensive for what you're getting! It looks great but that is steep even for Lego.

Edited by J4ck

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Super expensive for what you're getting! It looks great but that is steep even for Lego.

Yeah, yeah, it is. Between actual sets I want and the exorbitant secondary market prices on minifgures from this years sets, I'm already dumping too much money in to Danish plastic blocks as it is.

Looks like there is even distribution of the figure (assuming he didn't feel for them) also looks like Lloyd's hair and hood/hair combo looks like it will bulk the bag up making the two lloyds easier to find 

Edited by Sr1847

Glad to see the octopus head is indeed a seperate piece like the angler and puffer fish heads!

At 2:02 on the backside of the leaflet it is clearly depicted as a seperate headpiece to be added after the scuba gear

Edited by Metanoios91

Oh, I'm disappointed in the Garmadons now- they didn't bother to make a new neutral torso extension- it still has armor on the back. I'd hold out for the vacation one to be different, but the pajama suit shouldn't have it, either.

2 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Oh, I'm disappointed in the Garmadons now- they didn't bother to make a new neutral torso extension- it still has armor on the back. I'd hold out for the vacation one to be different, but the pajama suit shouldn't have it, either.

They did that so the torso wouldn't move, without the armor the top torso could get out of line really quick 

39 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

They did that so the torso wouldn't move, without the armor the top torso could get out of line really quick 

I can see that, I suppose, but it's still ugly. I wouldn't mind adjusting it.

Aw dang it. The separate air tank piece has only one air tank as opposed to two like the one piece sharkhead/air tank mold.

Well, primarily, I would have liked to see the separate air tank mold redone in other colors perhaps to be retrofitted on classic spacemen, if it indeed had two air tanks like the spacemen originally did. With one air tank though, it sort of is just too scuba diver-esq. :def_shrug:

I just noticed that the Garmadon torso was assembled backward from normal. It's not ideal, but I think it's funny that they did that just so they didn't have to make a new piece/to let it fix the torso in place.

lego-ninjago-movie-71019-beipackzettel.j

Source: Promobricks

I thought the leaflet would have a teaser for the next series, like the silhouette of Hugo Strange or Clock King

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With one air tank though, it sort of is just too scuba diver-esq.

Would you prefer the Navy/aquatic life themed army not dress the part? :tongue:

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*insert picture here*

Source: Promobricks

I thought the leaflet would have a teaser for the next series, like the silhouette of Hugo Strange or Clock King

The leaflet doesn't tell us how to put the trigger in the stud shooter for the octopus henchman. I'm assuming it'll be one of those stud shooters with the trigger already included. This year's coastguard sets had a red one in it and it included the trigger already assembled so I'm guessing they did that on purpose for the CMF series :tongue: I just hope they make more minifigures with stud shooters!

I'm definitely getting 5, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

9 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

https://www.instagram.com/afro_man_news/

https://www.instagram.com/legoquickreview/

Not sure if these have been posted before. It gives us a better look at some of the minifigures.

Thank you sir!

Edited by J4ck

6 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Would you prefer the Navy/aquatic life themed army not dress the part? :tongue:

No, the scuba tank does fits them well for that themed look, it just would have been nice if instead they had dual air tanks like the shark headed goons so the piece could be used to spruce up classic spacemen for a much more outfitted look.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

No, the scuba tank does fits them well for that themed look, it just would have been nice if instead they had dual air tanks like the shark headed goons so the piece could be used to spruce up classic spacemen for a much more outfitted look.

You could always just use the shark helmets with the dual air tanks for a new "Sharktron" faction. :laugh: