Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Confirmed on LEGO facebook page: August 1st is the release date

LEGO.gif

Best news I've heard all day.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Are the Lego Ninjago Movie sets technically licensed? If not then hooray for Bricks and Pieces! If so, RIP me :(

Technically speaking yes. There hasn't been full figures available on Bricks and Pieces since the Possession Wave. Sometimes hoods and some torsos will pop up every now and Then, but not often. 

10 hours ago, turk187 said:

Ninjago is Lego original content.

But the Lego movie was classed as licensed

7 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Technically speaking yes. There hasn't been full figures available on Bricks and Pieces since the Possession Wave. Sometimes hoods and some torsos will pop up every now and Then, but not often. 

I know that but there are pieces like the fish in light blue and other pieces that interest me.

9 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Best news I've heard all day.

I know right, I'm happy, I'm gonna have to buy all the villains, I might buy duplicates for the first time!

Surprise! The next minifigure to be included in the Ninjago Magazine is a Stone army warrior:

What year is it again?? :tongue:

14 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

All the sets (aside from the store exclusives) are on Lego's website, and all the prices are the same as leaked.

There's some nice close-up images of the minifigs in all the sets as well (Ed and Edna!!!)

The only one with a different price that the leaked ones is the Water Strider and it is $30

49 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

The only one with a different price that the leaked ones is the Water Strider and it is $30

But we were told that it was $30 a few days before it went up on the website, so it didn't really have a different price. 

17 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

But we were told that it was $30 a few days before it went up on the website, so it didn't really have a different price. 

True but I just wanted to post that for those who thought it was still a $40 set

On 6/29/2017 at 6:18 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Sorry about above. Anyway I found the Lego ninjago movie videogame at toysrus.com, as usual its for Xbox one Ps4 and the switch and there all $59.99 each. Which I am upset because I have a Ps3. Release date around 09/22/2017.

Edited by LEGORACER1

On the set boxes Lloyd's face is next to some leaves. I thought that would indicate that his elemental power was nature in this movie, and it still can be. What if the "green" Lloyd gets his energy from is the plants he's always around in the promotional art? We've never even seen Lloyd use elemental power in the movie. Heck, the only powers we've seen are Nya breathing underwater (even though it's been stated that the original Nya can't do that) and Kai's hand on fire, both in posters

Edited by gamejutzu

Also, I find it really funny... That if you look at the scene in the trailer where the ninja are gearing up, Lloyd puts on his mask. Does anything feel off about it? Yes. The mask has animated movement. The bottom of the mask piece moves as Lloyd slides it down his head. If we looked just a little bit closer we would have realized the masks would be two-piece.

Man, I love this packaging, the art is awesome!

34864118343_148b555390.jpg

Also the octopus villain will have either 9 or 10 (excluding the stand) pieces depending on whether Lego makes the stud shooter with the trigger already in it (if that's the case, it'll count as one, if not it'll count as two).

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

Also the octopus villain will have either 9 or 10 (excluding the stand) pieces depending on whether Lego makes the stud shooter with the trigger already in it (if that's the case, it'll count as one, if not it'll count as two).

It also depends on whether or not the armor piece and the octopus piece are together or separate.

15 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Cole is cut from the Packaging :sceptic:
That not fitting Garmadon on the back

Agree

That Garmadon looks so out of place there

I think it looks way too crowded. 

The Octpus villain is barely visible. And Garmadon looks like he is about to kill the Sushi Chef

Maybe including only the ninjas, Wu and Garmadon would have been better

Spinjitzu Training - £8.99 GBP, $9.99 USD, $15.99 AUD, $19.99 NZD

NINJAGO City Chase - £14.99 GBP, $19.99 USD, $19.99 AUD, $39.99 NZD

Manta Ray Bomber - £24.99 GBP, $29.99 USD, $44.99 AUD, $59.99 NZD

Master Falls - £24.99 GBP, $29.99 USD, $44.99 AUD, $59.99 NZD

Water Strider - £39.99 GBP, $29.99 USD, $69.99 AUD, $79.99 NZD

Green Ninja Mech Dragon - £44.99 GBP, $49.99 USD, $89.99 AUD, $99.99 NZD

Lightning Jet - £59.99 GBP, $59.99 USD, $99.99 AUD, $119.99 NZD

Fire Mech - £59.99 GBP, $69.99 USD, $99.99 AUD, $119.99 NZD

Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon - £79.99 GBP, $99.99 USD, $159.99 AUD, $169.99 NZD

Destiny's Bounty - £119.99 GBP, $159.99 USD, $259.99 AUD, $299.99 NZD

NINJAGO City - £259.99 GBP, $299.99 USD, $499.99 AUD, $599.99 NZD 

New Zealand really got the short end of the stick :damn:  whoever does those prices should be fired. Why is Master Falls/Manta Ray Bomber a freaking $59.99 NZD when it is £24.99 GBP and $44.99 AUD (which would indicate a $49.99 NZD price)

SAD! :angry::thumbdown:

Great set of Uk prices. The bounty is only £120?! Looks like I'll be getting a lot more of these sets. Shame that the water strider is £40.And the jet and mech are the same price. Otherwise, great stuff.

Edited by LegoShroom

The Untied Kingdom prices are so odd, Thanks for the info @VaderFan2187

the water strider is £40 in the UK but £23.05 in the  USA, sigh and yes I admit that new Zealand gets it worse as over there at around £45.

But NINJAGO City Chase is better priced than I'd feared so that's nice.

Hmm the Destiny's Bounty is £119.99 which would translate to $240 NZD (usually NZ prices are double UK prices) but the Bounty is $300?? 

Honestly, apart from the Water Strider, UK got the best deals in terms of pricing in this lineup.

Can we please talk about the size of the Ninjago City set? The Lego Shop lists the size as: 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm). That can't be right?

Isn't the set on a square base plate which measures 10” (25cm)  by 10” (25cm)? Also, the height would be more than two modular buildings stacked on top of each other...

Just now, TheMagician said:

Can we please talk about the size of the Ninjago City set? The Lego Shop lists the size as: 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm). That can't be right?

Isn't the set on a square base plate which measures 10” (25cm)  by 10” (25cm)? Also, the height would be more than two modular buildings stacked on top of each other...

The tree juts out significantly on one side and other stuff would stick out too.

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

It also depends on whether or not the armor piece and the octopus piece are together or separate.

That is also true, so it could have either 9, 10 or 11 pieces excluding the stand.

I've always sort of wanted a big LEGO ship, they've always looked beautiful, but they never fit into my collection (City and Star Wars mostly). Destiny's Bounty is absolutely beautiful though and well-priced at about 140 euro I'm guessing? I think it'll be hard to pass on, and I hope I can save throughout the year for Ninjago City as well.

The designers of these sets should be so proud. I've never had any interest in Ninjago, but now they have the two biggest sets in this wave practically sold to me, very excited. :classic:

1 hour ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I've always sort of wanted a big LEGO ship, they've always looked beautiful, but they never fit into my collection (City and Star Wars mostly). Destiny's Bounty is absolutely beautiful though and well-priced at about 140 euro I'm guessing? I think it'll be hard to pass on, and I hope I can save throughout the year for Ninjago City as well.

The designers of these sets should be so proud. I've never had any interest in Ninjago, but now they have the two biggest sets in this wave practically sold to me, very excited. :classic:

To be honest that price is wishfull thinking (unfortunately). But the Destiny's Bounty will probably cost about 160-170 euro I guess. But I will get this set with the same arguments as you :wink: