Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

17 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

https://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/70618-1/70618_alt6.jpg

Wu has a picture of the tv series ninja team in his sleeping quarters on the bounty.

It's pretty clear the designers are using the movie sets to sneak in some neat TV series nods like that picture from Season 4 (mourning Zane's loss), Ed and Edna, Garmadon's helmet, the Borg Industries barrier, and whatever else is found.

It's really nice to see the old designs and poses again. It's... Kind of paradoxical... But that's nothing new for Ninjago, I guess. 

A question I have... In shots of the movie, Nya's cloth piece does not cross more than halfway through the little curve on a minifigure's legs, like here. But in the sets... Nya's cloth piece is basically a dress when compared. It extends to the end of the curve and maybe a little more. Pictures kind of vary, but here's this one. Maybe they're just trying to make the piece a little universal, but I personally would like the piece to be shorter.

Edited by gamejutzu

I wonder if they are going to release a young Misako minifigure with baby Lloyd. It would be pretty cool since he has green eyes. A super rare occurence for a yellow no-licensed minifigure

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

I wonder if they are going to release a young Misako minifigure with baby Lloyd. It would be pretty cool since he has green eyes. A super rare occurence for a yellow no-licensed minifigure

Count me in! But to be honest the place for that Minifigure would have been the CMF Series and with only one series coming out I doubt it'll come out although it is a smashing idea!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-ninjago-movie-character-posters/

"Lord Garmadon, the Worst Guy: The baddest warlord of all time, Lord Garmadon has glowing red eyes, sharp teeth, horns, and four arms. Has an affinity for sharks. Lord Garmadon can smell fear, but everyone around him can see it because wherever he goes people flee in panic. Impatient, impulsive and completely self-absorbed, he likes to make a point by firing his generals….from a volcano. Though he hasn’t been successful yet, Lord Garmadon never stops trying to take over NINJAGO City. But why? Could it be he needs to reconnect with the son he hardly knows?"

I guess we know why fried shark CMF dude has some fancier looking duds.

Hm... the poster for Jay uses what looks like a new fang piece at the end of the chain, but I can't seem to find that part in any of the set pics so far-they still use the old fang.

New mold that got cut?

2 hours ago, ---Vertea--- said:

Hm... the poster for Jay uses what looks like a new fang piece at the end of the chain, but I can't seem to find that part in any of the set pics so far-they still use the old fang.

New mold that got cut?

Looks to me like it's just the bigger fang piece at an unusual angle. Note the sort of diamond-shaped base.

13 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

https://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/70618-1/70618_alt6.jpg

Wu has a picture of the tv series ninja team in his sleeping quarters on the bounty.

Kai makes it obvious, but they all are in their Season 1-2 opening poses. Only Jay's hair seems edited...

Personally, I find this whole continuity thing really intriging. Sure, the Movie is fully non-canon to the show, but who says it also works the other way around? What if this is a crazy version of the facts where the Ninja, still in high school, were quickly teamed up, trained, and then they rapidly defeated all the major enemies (but Garmadon, who was building his volcano lair or something)? What if this is a reality where the show happened, but it was entirely made out of bricks by some very creative children the whole time and the inherent quirks of it led to this point? And my personal, demented favourite [season 7 spoiler, read only if you have seen it and if you don't mind discovering my newfound interest for nonsensical conspiracy] ...

Spoiler

What if Master Wu, after losing himself (and probably part of his memories) in time, somehow ended up in this reality, where he is a worn out plastic figure with limited movement in a highly customizable plastic enviroment built over a void? :wacko:

I know, I should probably stop eating sugar and get some sleep, but wouldn't it be interesting if an after-credits scene (it really shouldn't happen during the movie, it would confuse a lot of people...) had him suddenly standing up, as if he just remembered something big, and saying something like "Time runs out! I must return!" or something?

The safest bet, however, is just being proud as the children (and us) spot the rewards given to us for six years of emotional and economic investment in imaginative storytelling.

Or they're all dreaming or in coma or something.

7 hours ago, Lyonel McBaseplate said:

Kai makes it obvious, but they all are in their Season 1-2 opening poses. Only Jay's hair seems edited...

Personally, I find this whole continuity thing really intriging. Sure, the Movie is fully non-canon to the show, but who says it also works the other way around? What if this is a crazy version of the facts where the Ninja, still in high school, were quickly teamed up, trained, and then they rapidly defeated all the major enemies (but Garmadon, who was building his volcano lair or something)? What if this is a reality where the show happened, but it was entirely made out of bricks by some very creative children the whole time and the inherent quirks of it led to this point? And my personal, demented favourite [season 7 spoiler, read only if you have seen it and if you don't mind discovering my newfound interest for nonsensical conspiracy] ...

Reveal hidden contents

What if Master Wu, after losing himself (and probably part of his memories) in time, somehow ended up in this reality, where he is a worn out plastic figure with limited movement in a highly customizable plastic enviroment built over a void? :wacko:

I know, I should probably stop eating sugar and get some sleep, but wouldn't it be interesting if an after-credits scene (it really shouldn't happen during the movie, it would confuse a lot of people...) had him suddenly standing up, as if he just remembered something big, and saying something like "Time runs out! I must return!" or something?

The safest bet, however, is just being proud as the children (and us) spot the rewards given to us for six years of emotional and economic investment in imaginative storytelling.

Or they're all dreaming or in coma or something.

I feel so out of touch after reading this post because I still haven't seen seasons 5, 6, or 7. I would prefer the movie to be completely unconnected from the show except for the little Easter eggs scattered throughout it. 

Confirmed on LEGO facebook page: August 1st is the release date

this giant set is amazing! :wub: love Lego's creativity here... not too sure my wallet wants me to buy this though... :cry_sad:

I currently have enough saved to by the Bounty. Next are the CMFS, then Ninjago City Itself!! I'll wait on the vehicles until later on in the year and try to get them on sale. I'm very excited for the bounty!

All the sets (aside from the store exclusives) are on Lego's website, and all the prices are the same as leaked.

There's some nice close-up images of the minifigs in all the sets as well (Ed and Edna!!!)

I've spent days staring at these pictures and trying to work out what the bottom level looks like. This is what I've got so far.

u9S3mQU.png

I'd really like to do a set of 4 of these and link them together into a larger scene. I'm not sure if I want to do them in a block:

qkOtUHI.png

or a line.

WkkH0K6.png

7 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

All the sets (aside from the store exclusives) are on Lego's website, and all the prices are the same as leaked.

There's some nice close-up images of the minifigs in all the sets as well (Ed and Edna!!!)

I noticed that yesterday. I've been drooling over the Bounty while I inspect every inch of it. I think I'm going to skip the Temple because I want Ninjago City more. 

Just now, J4ck said:

Are the Lego Ninjago Movie sets technically licensed? If not then hooray for Bricks and Pieces! If so, RIP me :(

Ninjago is Lego original content.