Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Ninjago is killing my LEGO budget this year! Killing it!

I never thought I would have to say that. I would pick up a set to get the ninja every so often, but the line in general didn't really appeal to me. The movie stuff is knocking it out of the park.

28 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

How long do people think the Ninjago Movie sets will stay on shelves? Would like to plan a timeframe for saving up for that beautiful City set and maybe even the sailboat... 

Atleast until March or April of 2018

9 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I dunno, it's the first time I've heard about it.

Oh, I've seen it listed on Brickset for a while and thought it had previously been mentioned in the thread.

42 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

As seen in earlier screenshots, the technic holes are in the proper depth and height to attach to other modulars. LEGO may never suggest this as a feature, but may explain them as sewer holes with a wink. I don't really see multiple ninjago cities being connected together without heavy modding to remove the redundant look, but maybe this is the first set in a series of licensed-themed modular buildings.

Sure, the set may not include the 'pins', but other modular buildings would have them already. So the only 'creativity' involved is deciding which buildings to attach. And if your city layout is more than one building deep, you probably don't even use pins to make it easier to swap buildings out.

I fully agree and they do even include the pins.

70620_alt07.jpg

Edited by peme

1 hour ago, peme said:

I fully agree and they do even include the pins.

70620_alt07.jpg

Oh, and it's a corner building too! I wonder if the black plates under the water serve any purpose other than to make the water look darker and deeper. I may remove those to make the water at level with the sidewalk of other buildings.

It's interesting how the actual sidewalk for ninjago city is on the second level. Reminds me of the movie The Fifth Element, where they build toward from existing buildings. This is due to the planet's water levels dropping from it being transported to other worlds.

The_Fifth_Element_G_01.jpg

Anyone planning to turn the Destiny's Bounty into a noodle ship? ;)
Also, on the new Destiny's Bounty, I don't see the rear engines changing position. Perhaps this version doesn't fly?

Edited by badbob001

From LEGO's Facebook page. Keep in mind that the folks running the Facebook page might not even be LEGO employees. They could be third-party marketing and PR folks who initially didn't know the answer and therefore guessed.

Bruce B. Heller Is this a modular building? Meaning, will it connect to the Creator Expert modulars with Technic bricks and pins?
LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 
 · June 22 at 4:49pm
LEGO
LEGO The set does have the same pins as the modular series! It will fit right into your collection 1f642.png(:

12 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

The press release that listed the Garmadon set that cones out in December also listed the water strider as 30 US dollars. I thought it was stange too, maybe a typo. It better not be though! $30 for that is a steal! (too bad for people overseas though)

That is one great value! A $30 set with 494 pieces at 6.1 cents a part. WOW! *oh2*

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, TheBrickPal said:

Interesting set revelation here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-lego-group-announces-building-sets-based-on-the-lego-ninjago-movie-300478725.html

"Available December 1

• garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! – fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)"

Shark Mech from the trailer?

Well this is interesting on more than one level:  Since this is an official TLG press release, I'm going to assume that the release date for the garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set is in fact December 1, 2017.  But this also means that the release date for Wave 2 is December 1st since I can't recall another time where only 1 "Winter/Summer Wave" set was released where that set wasn't a D2C or UCS build - and that set is definitely not one of those!  So, I guess nice to know that the other 3 sets (Cole's Mech and 2 others) are coming in time for Christmas. 

15 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

The press release that listed the Garmadon set that cones out in December also listed the water strider as 30 US dollars. I thought it was stange too, maybe a typo. It better not be though! $30 for that is a steal! (too bad for people overseas though)

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't really think that's $30

This HAS to be a type-o.  There is no way that set is $30.  The giveaway is that $30 Action/Adventure sets now come in a specific size of box - that is the box size of Master Falls, Jelly Sub and Manta Bomber.  The Walker box is much larger than that.  It is a $40 set.  But still a pretty good value piece count wise even for $40.

Does anyone know if there are set descriptions online that give the dimensions of the sets?  Some of the bigger ones are listed on the box, but I'm curious about the size of some of the smaller sets.

The holes and pins could be there to connect with othets sets from the line. 

They just did that in The Lego Batman Movie wave

3 hours ago, bricksnator said:

From LEGO's Facebook page. Keep in mind that the folks running the Facebook page might not even be LEGO employees. They could be third-party marketing and PR folks who initially didn't know the answer and therefore guessed.

Bruce B. Heller Is this a modular building? Meaning, will it connect to the Creator Expert modulars with Technic bricks and pins?
LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · 
 · June 22 at 4:49pm
LEGO
LEGO The set does have the same pins as the modular series! It will fit right into your collection 1f642.png(:

Nope the social media is handled by a trusted employee from the Lego company

Just now, Findus said:

Thery're all looking great!

Nice find, never really paid much attention to Cole's hair

On 6/21/2017 at 6:28 AM, AyliffeMakit said:

DC2ISiZW0AQ-jLM.jpg

Can we please take a minute to acknowledge this minifigure with a Galidor t-shirt

I am almost in love! 

i am going to HAVE to find a way to get this one 

5 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

There is also a CHIMA figure/card, and I bet there are even more cute refferences like that on tiles in comic shop!

I bet there will be a Nexo Knights reference somewhere

THE SETS ARE ALREADY OUT!!! At least in Billund, Legoland but it seems they have already  been on sale since 23th June. Almost five weeks before the official sales start in the LEGO brand stores. The minifigures and the large D2C set Ninjago City ( 70620 ) are hoewever still not available.

.https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-movie-sets-im-legoland-billund-shop-erhaeltlich/36304

Edited by Tahu

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

THE SETS ARE ALREADY OUT!!! At least in Billund, Legoland but it seems they have already  been on sale since 23th June. Almost five weeks before the official sales start in the LEGO brand stores. The minifigures and the large D2C set Ninjago City ( 70620 ) are hoewever still not available.

.https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-movie-sets-im-legoland-billund-shop-erhaeltlich/36304

Well, if you look at all of the price tags, they all say "pre-launch". This seems to be done on purpose, maybe to boost sales at Lego stores. Strange. I hope this means we'll get some reviews soon. That would be great!

Jay in an upcoming book:

9200000075892260.jpg

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-lego-ninjago-movie/9200000075892260/?promo=unknown_818_recentbekeken-MCM-slot_D1_product_1_#product_specifications

No luck for the Netherlands: the Water Strider will at least be 40 euros, possibly 45, as brickshop.nl usually stays close to the recommended retail price (they list it as 44,99). They do have a tempting 15% pre-order discount, though: https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-ninjago.html  :classic: 

On 26-6-2017 at 7:48 PM, Findus said:

Thery're all looking great!

-video-

As I thought: Cole's minifig is the best, once again! :grin:

57 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

No luck for the Netherlands: the Water Strider will at least be 40 euros, possibly 45, as brickshop.nl usually stays close to the recommended retail price (they list it as 44,99). They do have a tempting 15% pre-order discount, though: https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-ninjago.html  :classic: 

As I thought: Cole's minifig is the best, once again! :grin:

€145 for the Destiny Bounty is really really good. Why did you make me click on that link :(

How difficult is it to get those "Annuals" in the US? I mean I know that they aren't something that is readily available here upon release, but if that's going to be the only way to get Training Jay...