Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

I was hoping it might be separate, but I have a bad feeling that it's a single dual-moulded piece. I zoomed in on the picture and the highly graduated pixellation from the dark orange of the octopus head to the pearl dark bley of the armour's right pauldron suggests it's one piece. Also, if they could be separated, the octopus head without the armour would sit oddly high with quite some space between it and the shoulders. I'm not saying separate pieces is impossible, just unlikely.      

It's one piece. 100%. 

12 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

It's one piece. 100%. 

Thanks. Have you managed to obtain one or do you work for LEGO? Can you please provide a picture of just the octopus head/armour part?

At least we know that the puffer fish guy has the torso armor separate from his headpiece.

I still wonder why Lego decided to make some of the armors molded to the heads and some without. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to make separate headpieces?

51 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

It's one piece. 100%. 

I doubt that it is one piece because you can see the battery printing underneath on the armour. It would be highly unlikely that they went throught the trouble of applying print to such a small spot, if they could just reuse an existing piece and put the octopus as a seperate piece on top...

Edited by Metanoios91

28 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Thanks. Have you managed to obtain one or do you work for LEGO? Can you please provide a picture of just the octopus head/armour part?

I don't have one myself but I know a guy who does and he said it's one piece. 

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

I doubt that it is one piece because you can see the battery printing underneath on the armour. It would be highly unlikely that they went throught the trouble of applying print to such a small spot, if they could just reuse an existing piece and put the octopus as a seperate piece on top...

Then why did they choose to mould the shark helmet to the armour despite the fact that they're producing the armour separately for the puffer figure?? Also, the armour sticks out a fair bit so having the octopus ontop would stick out even further. They're moulded. Trust me.

I guess the shark heads are one piece because of their quality standards and stability requirements. If you look closely at the way, they designed the shark head with the open mouth, the part of the lower jaw would be too fragile to be molded as a seperate piece. If he has the minifigures already, could he share some photos of them on reddit or somewhere else? Some side views and pictures of the back printing would be really nice :thumbup: 

Molded together?!

That's terrible

Edited by Robert8

47 minutes ago, Borex said:

The angler fish head is separate, right?

Yes, this picture clearly shows that it is two seperate pieces. The CMF one is just a different colour

70616 Ice Tank

Dull question perhaps but I liked the look of the fence parts included in the film trailer where the full dragon is shown and shortly after in a more close-up version as Lloyd battles various henchmen. I was consequently pleased to see this replicated and 'brick-built' in the Lego City 'Modular' set. It can be seen behind the picture showing a close-up of the Galidor shirt guy but also appears throughout the building in black. Is this a new part? Is it the same size as a standard fence piece or made from multiple parts, etc?

5 hours ago, Mosse1997 said:

Oh. Please, can we finally get Emmets Apartment as an official Set? 

Now there's an idea!

27 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Dull question perhaps but I liked the look of the fence parts included in the film trailer where the full dragon is shown and shortly after in a more close-up version as Lloyd battles various henchmen. I was consequently pleased to see this replicated and 'brick-built' in the Lego City 'Modular' set. It can be seen behind the picture showing a close-up of the Galidor shirt guy but also appears throughout the building in black. Is this a new part? Is it the same size as a standard fence piece or made from multiple parts, etc?

It's a new piece. It's also in the Juniors set. It looks to be the same size as the classic fence piece.

Just now, Lyichir said:

It's a new piece. It's also in the Juniors set. It looks to be the same size as the classic fence piece.

Thanks Lyichir, I hadn't seen the Juniors set as it wasn't listed under the Ninjago Movie sets on Brickset but in the Juniors category instead. Pretty clear from that it's the same as the fence piece - very nice! Now if only they'd produce more variations in window shapes and sizes.

35 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Yes, new for this wave, in the NJ City set and the NJ Juniors set. It has the same dimensions as a regular fence piece and it's one part. I can't wait to get some of them for MOC purposes! :classic:

Edit: got ninja'!

Edited by Exetrius

The press release that listed the Garmadon set that cones out in December also listed the water strider as 30 US dollars. I thought it was stange too, maybe a typo. It better not be though! $30 for that is a steal! (too bad for people overseas though)

10 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

5004916: Kai's Dojo Pod 

Another one to add to the collection.

Haven't we known about that for a while? 

If the Water Strider is $30, I'll definitely pick it up!

Here is what LEGO responded when someone asked about fitting the Ninjago City into the other modulars on their official Facebook page. 

"Hi everyone! The set does not have the pins to connect it to other modular buildings, but you can definitely fit it into the modular collection with some creativity. 1f609.png?"

I also agree with many of you guys that the minifigures seem repetitive since the CMF don't have any exclusive prints and can get them in the sets. They aren't bad, and one of them that really stands out to me is "N Pop Girl," everything about her is perfect, and "Jay Walker" too. Really well done.

Edited by BrickFit26

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

Here is what LEGO responded when someone asked about fitting the Ninjago City into the other modulars on their official Facebook page. 

"Hi everyone! The set does not have the pins to connect it to other modular buildings, but you can definitely fit it into the modular collection with some creativity. 1f609.png?"

That's been confirmed wrong by @Penkid11 on Reddit and on here, even the official Lego Twitter page has stated that IT does connect with other Modular buildings.

How long do people think the Ninjago Movie sets will stay on shelves? Would like to plan a timeframe for saving up for that beautiful City set and maybe even the sailboat... 

9 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

As seen in earlier screenshots, the technic holes are in the proper depth and height to attach to other modulars. LEGO may never suggest this as a feature, but may explain them as sewer holes with a wink. I don't really see multiple ninjago cities being connected together without heavy modding to remove the redundant look, but maybe this is the first set in a series of licensed-themed modular buildings.

1632-1.jpg

1632-2.jpg

Sure, the set may not include the 'pins', but other modular buildings would have them already. So the only 'creativity' involved is deciding which buildings to attach. And if your city layout is more than one building deep, you probably don't even use pins to make it easier to swap buildings out.

Edited by badbob001