Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

The dragon mech uses golden bananas in its face. Did we already have golden bananas? I love golden bananas. 

I think the tank is really a beautifull vehicle. It is a bit of a batman vehicle but not all black. 

Oh, a golden banana is a great surprise piece. Very useful. 

Looking at the CMFs, the ones revealed so far are great. I have been a little put off by the prices of most of the sets, but the CMFs will fill the void.

I was prepared to not buy any of this series of CMF, but those initial photos have changed that, even if they are more parts than anything. I can't wait to see that pink and blue hair piece. I am thinking it might match up ok with Unicorn Girl from a few series back. Same with the drink cup, like she is taking a break and has taken her headpiece off. I love that scarf and hope to see it in more colors.

Wow, these minifigures. I don't own many Ninjago sets so am glad to be able to get my first Wu, Garmadon and Lloyd (and maybe Nia even though she is less appealing). Was pretty disappointed when the set images revealed that the civilian Lloyd would be in a set. Then it was revealed that he was also in the big Ninjago city set so I gave up hope that we'd get him in the CMF series, but here we are! I love this minifigure and the hood looks great (even though hair would have been preferable). Will also pick up Jay as well. Fearing for what tomorrow will bring... I really can't afford to want over half the minifigures like TLBM series. At least I now know to cross a few minifigures from series 17 off my list due to more desirable minifigures arising!!!

19 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

I was only going to get the entire ninja crew, Sensei Wu and Lord Garmadon. Now I want everything

Ah sorry, I actually meant I was tempted by the ninjago city set. However,  I am not sure I am actually  gonna buy it. It sure is a great set, but I am more into historic contexts, thats why I bought the airjitzu temple. 

Does anyone know if the ninjago movie sets will be sort of licensed? How was it in regard to the lego movie sets - was it possible to get the figs via bricks and pieces?

Edited by Brick-of-the-Wild

37 minutes ago, Brick-of-the-Wild said:

Ah sorry, I actually meant I was tempted by the ninjago city set. However,  I am not sure I am actually  gonna buy it. It sure is a great set, but I am more into historic contexts, thats why I bought the airjitzu temple. 

Does anyone know if the ninjago movie sets will be sort of licensed? How was it in regard to the lego movie sets - was it possible to get the figs via bricks and pieces?

Since it is Lego's own theme property, I doubt there would be any sort of license. 

Edited by Tahu

I saw in this picture below that the shark head/oxygen tank mold has dual air tanks. Is this the same for the separate oxygen tank piece on other henchmen? I can't find any pictures of henchmen minifigures with the separate piece from the rear.

34535253933_a1b6033ab7.jpg

1 hour ago, Brick-of-the-Wild said:

Licensed, I believe. The chances of getting the fig parts via B&P are slim, I'd say, because not only did (most of the) TLM and TLBM parts never show up there, but regular Ninjago ones haven't shown up since the Ghost wave either... 

No automatic alt text available.

AND THE REST!

Anyway, thoughts:

• I reeeaaally like the Unikitty and Batman torsos.
  • First female Shark foot soldier!
  • That Zane is a must have for me. If not for the hair, then the backpack.
  • good to know CMF L-loyd comes with his hair.
  • Kinda ironic that there are only two Lloyds, but 3 Lord Garmadons.
Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

I'm not impressed with most of these but I love the subtle references to TLM and TLBM.

Edited by Rookie875

OMG, not 1, not 2 but 3 GARMADONS, a girl with a Unikitty shirt and a scientist with a Batman shirt!!! These are awesome!

Hate to say this but too many repeats of garmadon and Lloyd. The shark figures are amazing and I will probably get a few more of those to add to my army of ninjago villians

I suppose the Batman girl with Spectrespecs is from the Gotham Institute of Technology? Either that or it's a off-handed Red Dwarf reference...:look: but then it would also need a mention of the Society for Minifig Equality of Gotham.

Sorry, that went way out there, didn't it?

Edited by rodiziorobs

Lloyd is having his hair included in his bag! I absolutely love that Garmadon! I also like heavy-metal Cole and Zane.

Zane is the best. Reminds me of my 9th and 10 grade history teacher from back in the day. He even went camping with us when we did our DofE expedition.

Wow, I love the Unikitty and Batman shirts!

Cole's shirt literally says AC-DC in their made-up alphabet.

Think this is the first time a stud-shooter appeared in a Minifigure series.

Overall, great series. Like the sets, there's not many here I don't want, which means August is going to be expensive! :grin: