Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, doclord said:

Many Star Wars fans are going to be happy about white legs/black feet with no printing!

Yeah, I suggested Grand Admiral Thrawn earlier :)

So far nothing is too special that makes me wanna buy it in day one. I'll have to wait for tmrws unveil.

+ thanks for those who answers my question about the release date, appreciate!

Looks like we'll get a recolour of Harley Quinn's hair piece in pink and blue for the girl, that can be seen on the folded blind bag

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Looks like we'll get a recolour of Harley Quinn's hair piece in pink and blue for the girl, that can be seen on the folded blind bag

Looks like it. Nice catch.

The CMFs revealed so far are honestly a tad disappointing - It's like the Asylum Joker, but repeated over and over again.

Spinjitsu Training Nya just uses an outfit common in the sets and puts her head on it, as far as I can tell.

Wu is no different besides his face

Lloyd's torso and legs are re-used.

Some other figures, however, are really cool, like the fish villains.

It would make sense if this is Harley Quinn's hair, because that hairpiece looks inspired in japasene/anime girls

I never thought that hairpiece would be reused out of that theme

Image result for lego batman movie harley quinn

I like the printed bowls and sushi. Very smart that they included interesting accesories so people who are not interested in ninjago still want those figures. The pj's from G are superb. The hood from the green ninja is great, and i hope it will come in different haircolours as well. I like the sushiguy too, i really dig the whole sushi vibe by the way. And rocker guitar dude is also a nice fig.

The melting sharkdude (because his battery run out?) i do not like so much. He just looks so unusefull, despite of his black fish, which is cool of course.

The next ten figs (there are 20 figs again, right?) are hopefully cool looking sushi eating fish villains. And i'd like to see them throw in some more dual-moulding as well.

The melting shark general is actually kind of freaky, when you realize it's essentially LEGO gore.

Also I'm willing to be the blue/pink haired girl will be an idol.

Edited by doclord

42 minutes ago, doclord said:

The melting shark general is actually kind of freaky, when you realize it's essentially LEGO gore.

Also I'm willing to be the blue/pink haired girl will be an idol.

You never noticed those frozen Chima Stoneage Guys with rotting Limbs,Bones showing through etc :D

Those Ninjago Minifigures are lovely.First Minifig i saw was Sensei Wu with Cornflakes Box and i thought "Hey,it`s the Chicken from that Ninjago Short :D

Then i saw all those Guys with their Bowls.Just imagine,Sensei Wu,the Ninjas and Garmadon sharing a larger Apartment and all are kinda sleepy and mumbling "Good Morning" too each other and eating Cornflakes in the Kitchen and making Plans for the Day....

Garmadon:Uhm..i think i`m going to detroy Downtown today and maybe invade the Harbor...what`s your Plan for today Brother?

Wu:Oh i heard about a new Tea Shop in Downtown,so don`t destroy it until 4 or i will send the Ninjas to stop you.

Overall, there are a couple of minifigures I'll definitely look for, but most don't impress me too much.  I like the Sushi Chef and Nya the most, as they are the most useful for my builds.

Lots of pieces I like:

• The 2 bowls with spoons from Lloyd and Garmadon.
  • The Rocker's hair (recolored from CMF Hippie).
  • The Blue General's hair and legs.
  • The black fish from the Shark General..
  • The scarf (although I'd prefer a different color) from Jay.
  • The hair (and maybe purse) from Koko.
  • The Sushi Chef's headband, torso, blade, and legs.
  • The hood from Lloyd.
  • The hair and body pieces from Nya.

Might have to buy a few and wait on the rest of the pieces from BrickLink.

10 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Those Ninjago Minifigures are lovely.First Minifig i saw was Sensei Wu with Cornflakes Box and i thought "Hey,it`s the Chicken from that Ninjago Short :D

Then i saw all those Guys with their Bowls.Just imagine,Sensei Wu,the Ninjas and Garmadon sharing a larger Apartment and all are kinda sleepy and mumbling "Good Morning" too each other and eating Cornflakes in the Kitchen and making Plans for the Day....

Garmadon:Uhm..i think i`m going to detroy Downtown today and maybe invade the Harbor...what`s your Plan for today Brother?

Wu:Oh i heard about a new Tea Shop in Downtown,so don`t destroy it until 4 or i will send the Ninjas to stop you.

I love this narrative. When you get the figures, you should make it into a web comic.

In other news, everyone seems to be focusing on the yet to be revealed girl with the pink hair on the cmf packet but you're all missing the lloyd figure in his ninja garb- which seems like an odd choice as that figure is in no way exclusive.

Edited by LegoShroom

5 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

I love this narrative. When you get the figures, you should make it into a web comic.

In other news, everyone seems to be focusing on the yet to be revealed girl with the pink hair on the cmf packet but you're all missing the lloyd figure in his ninja garb- which seems like an odd choice as that figure is in no way exclusive.

We'll see. Maybe they'll pull an Arkham Joker and give us a unique alternate face. Or maybe a different weapon/accessory.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

If you look closely, it's just his medals that are melting.

So this movie makes 3 more Nya Figures to collect.

Ninja Garb- From her vehicle set I'll be getting

Civilian- From Ninjago City Chase- I'll be Bricklinking her. (I'd buy this set as well, But I'm sticking to my only buy one set per Lego Movie. CMF doesn't count)

Collectible- Hopefully I'll be able to find her among the others and that she isn't one of the rarer ones. 

I can't wait for the release! I love selfie Jay and Koko looks quit nice also. I'll probably also try to get multiples of Wu as I like the corn flakes box.

Edited by jhuyser

5 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

The Dragon looks so odd from certain angles.. but awesome nonetheless. Will just get that and the temple..

...how much would getting this entire wave cost, Ninjago city included??

I'm afraid to do the math, since I anticipate purchasing just about every set from this wave. Yikes. 

So much things going on with Ninjago right now! Going to save my thoughts for later, though.

I found out what is familiar to me about the Ninjago City set. This amazing collab is basically the same at a even bigger scale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/albums/72157634287984293

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of the cyberpunk vibe in cheaper sets! :wink:

10 minutes ago, Colossus said:

I'm afraid to do the math, since I anticipate purchasing just about every set from this wave. Yikes. 

$1,140 including the Collectible Minifigures and the Juniors set as well. $380 more than the first wave of The Batman Movie, but only $25 more if both Batman Movie waves are combined. This is not including state tax however.

In the box art of the Destiny's Bounty you can see a volcano. Maybe it has something to do with the CMF shark's unfortunate appearance.

3 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

In the box art of the Destiny's Bounty you can see a volcano. Maybe it has something to do with the CMF shark's unfortunate appearance.

Also would want to note that on the front of his armor, his battery level seems to be low.  I did not notice till I saw it on him, but all the armored villains have a battery level on the front of their armor. 

Love new Ninjago CMF! Great minifigures overall- new Lloyd, Jay, Garmadon and Shark guy in black! That sushi chef though is a must buy like me 10 times over! Those double molded legs are so useful for SW and Superheroes minifigures!

BTW is that rocker supposed to be young Garmadon? They look kinda similar.

Edited by benderisgreat

54 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I was thinking that it's either that, or that's what happens to a minifigure when you use the laser pointer on them.

Edited by GentlemanJoker