Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Great, now I have to see the movie. This true to Japanese city jam-packed hodgepodge is very cool looking. The pieces and colors are fantastic. Puffer fish balloon deserves a special mention. Ninjago City is wonderful blend of awesome insanity. 

I love all the creative uses of pieces. Backpacks, car doors, crow bars, etcetera. This build must be an awesome experience. 

Not normally a fan of Nnjago, but this set does look interesting. Just when I thought I was going to get off easy this year. I'll have to see it, but at first glance it looks good for a Modular Building collector, so it is a big maybe.

Andy D

6 minutes ago, Roshisan said:

Although I am an old fashioned, classic space guy, I would love to build this stuff.  It looks awesome.

Just change the figs with aliens and you're good to go!

I like it, I wish it was more like a city but it's smart to make it modular building style. That way people can buy it and it will fit right in their cities.

The price is horrendous, £199 would be about right. 

The number of stickers seems quite high too. :(

But I'll be needing at least one of these. :)

Just now, Venunder said:

The price is horrendous, £199 would be about right.

Horrendous? We in the US have to pay $300 for it. You're lucky in that regard. You're also lucky it's not in the 400-500 currency range anywhere.

Only this much for an almost 5000 piece set, no matter where you live, is fantastic.

4 hours ago, makoy said:

This article also states that there are 18 sets for the Ninjago Movie. If that's including the Ninjago City that means there could be 4 sets released in another wave (perhaps Winter 2018).

Hmm hmm somebody should buy 4 of these and make it into 1. Change the shops and you have 1 'complete' city thingie. 

I still don't like it tho so I'm not going to do it, but someone certainly should! :D

Omg, this set is soooooo awesome. 2017 is so hard on my wallet...still got to pick up so many sets and they keep releasing this year one fabulous set after another. :wub:

This... will... be... mine...

Wait, never mind, don't have the money for it. :cry_sad: Looks gorgeous though.

And thanks @kaelthas for your pre-review. Didn't spot the crowbars at first :D

Anyone else noticed how the orange haired girl is the same minifig from Airjitzu temple with a different hairpiece?

5 minutes ago, Cagast said:

Anyone else noticed how the orange haired girl is the same minifig from Airjitzu temple with a different hairpiece?

I thought so.           After I bought the Lego Death Star for someone I was dating at the time, I didn't think I'd buy any Lego that expensive ever again... But imma buy at least one of this set the second it comes out!

Imagine the people who won the Lego Rebrick contest who get this set for free... I wish I could've spent as much time as I could to perfect my entry for that contest...

22 minutes ago, Cagast said:

Only the torso is the same. Everything else is different ?

Edited by Jurik

1 hour ago, TheBrickPal said:

Horrendous? We in the US have to pay $300 for it. You're lucky in that regard. You're also lucky it's not in the 400-500 currency range anywhere.

Only this much for an almost 5000 piece set, no matter where you live, is fantastic.

Agreed. Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters is a decent comparison, ~200 fewer pieces, half the minifigures, far less diverse color palette and piece variety yet its $50 more than this. This Ninjago City seems like much better price. 

Wait, so this Ninjago Movie set is legit? It looks too big to be a set! (Well I thought that when the Ghostbusters Firehouse came out too) The minifig count though! That is a lot of minifigs! 

Haven't read all the comments yet, so I don't know of this has been pointed out, but...that lady cop is not to be trusted! Her jacket logo identifies her as working for Lord Business' Super Secret Police. :tongue:

I love this.  I hope this is successful, and that LEGO decides to do more modular sets that are not based on the City theme...