Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Minifigs are a bit dull compared with what we saw with the Lego Batman Movie...in fact all these sets seem to lack that 'step up' I would expect for a film...

To me, the minifigures aren't that bad, it's the scaling down of some of the builds that bother me. Kai's mech, the hammerhead mech, and Lloyd's dragon all are too large to translate as is into moderate priced sets. Instead, they should have designed the film counterparts as smaller, but heavily grebbled builds that would have transitioned into minimally altered sets, much like many of TLBM's sets. The Scuttler, Batwing, and Batmobile were all great sets.

TLM also had this problem with Emmett's mech, a build just to big to translate into a moderately priced set. Now maybe, just maybe, we could see actual scale reproduction remakes of these scaled down examples as D2Cs in the near future on anniversary dates for their films, such as TLM's tenth anniversary in 2024.

Having said all that though, the Destiny's Bounty makes me forgive all those issues, since that's one AWESOME ship! Hopefully the rumored D2C blows us away just as much. :sweet:

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, Sr1847 said:

The sets r cool imo and also I'm like seriously Lego the catalog that shows all the sets is out and a new trailer isn't out nor is an official press release for the sets :angry: 

Lego need to step up their game like seriously almost all the set pictures are out so are pictures of the minifigure so disappointed in Lego especially considering this is a full featured Lego movie  

But anyhow I'm pretty sure we may the next trailer next week based of the promoting of the previous two Lego movies 

Well, this is certainly unusual that Lego gets ninja'd (pun intended) by their own store catalog!  But TLG's timing for release of set info is normally a month or so before release in Lego stores and I don't expect them to deviate from that for TLNM sets even with this official catalog out in the wild.  Expect "official" info on the sets to go something like this:

- Images/set descriptions/piece counts/etc. on Lego severs - 1st week in July-ish

- Sets should be on display at SDCC in late July with accompanying press releases, etc.

But that's Lego's timeline.  Given that the catalog is out there, I don't think Lego can now expect to contain/embargo images being put out by other retailers or sites that TLG has provided set images to.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see other retailers put up set images for pre-order of the sets.  Hell, it looks like departments within TLG may not even be communicating with each other and given the catalog "leak" Lego may just release all of the set images/info themselves at this point.

So, given all of this, I think we can expect to see set images/details pop up earlier than July 1st. 

35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

To me, the minifigures aren't that bad, it's the scaling down of some of the builds that bother me. Kai's mech, the hammerhead mech, and Lloyd's dragon all are too large to translate as is into moderate priced sets. Instead, they should have designed the film counterparts as smaller, but heavily grebbled builds that would have transitioned into minimally altered sets, much like many of TLBM's sets. The Scuttler, Batwing, and Batmobile were all great sets.

TLM also had this problem with Emmett's mech, a build just to big to translate into a moderately priced set. Now maybe, just maybe, we could see actual scale reproduction remakes of these scaled down examples as D2Cs in the near future on anniversary dates for their films, such as TLM's tenth anniversary in 2024.

Having said all that though, the Destiny's Bounty makes me forgive all those issues, since that's one AWESOME ship! Hopefully the rumored D2C blows us away just as much. :sweet:

I hear what you are saying, but:

- Kai's mech might be "scaled down" from the movie, sure.  But, the set itself is one of the larger one's in the wave and looks to be pretty generous in size and is true to it's appearance in the movie.

- Lloyd's dragon mech was scaled down, for sure.  But under the circumstances, I think they did a pretty good job with it (non-brick built head aside)

- The hammerhead mech is still pretty large (especially if you measure it bottom to top of the fin!)

For me, I think that the overall pricing of the ninja vehicle sets is on the high side (cheapest set is Nya's walker at $40USD with Jay, Kai and Zane's vehicles all clocking in at $70USD and up!) and they should have designed at least one vehicle in the $30USD or under price point.  I would really like to see, assuming there is at least a second wave of sets, if the Ninja's all have smaller secondary vehicles (like Batman has multiple vehicles in multiple sizes for different missions) that could lead to some lower priced Ninja vehicle sets and some higher priced villain sets.

Destiny's Bounty is awesome.  The definitive model of that particular vehicle.

48 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

I hear what you are saying, but:

- Kai's mech might be "scaled down" from the movie, sure.  But, the set itself is one of the larger one's in the wave and looks to be pretty generous in size and is true to it's appearance in the movie.

- Lloyd's dragon mech was scaled down, for sure.  But under the circumstances, I think they did a pretty good job with it (non-brick built head aside)

- The hammerhead mech is still pretty large (especially if you measure it bottom to top of the fin!)

For me, I think that the overall pricing of the ninja vehicle sets is on the high side (cheapest set is Nya's walker at $40USD with Jay, Kai and Zane's vehicles all clocking in at $70USD and up!) and they should have designed at least one vehicle in the $30USD or under price point.  I would really like to see, assuming there is at least a second wave of sets, if the Ninja's all have smaller secondary vehicles (like Batman has multiple vehicles in multiple sizes for different missions) that could lead to some lower priced Ninja vehicle sets and some higher priced villain sets.

Destiny's Bounty is awesome.  The definitive model of that particular vehicle.

Lego is making a ninja vehicle for under $10 actually, Zane's ice tank, you guessed it, it's a polybag!! XD

40 minutes ago, Sunset550 said:

KoKo is going to look completely different from Misako. (Not a gorilla either, but I am unable to say anymore.) :hmpf_bad: Let's just say I think the next trailer is going to be enjoyed.

You gonna add some credibility or sources to that statement?

Just now, Penkid11 said:

You gonna add some credibility or sources to that statement?

His statement was so incredibly vague, does it even matter? Of course the Ninjago Movie version of Misako/KoKo will look completely different from the one we know, just as every other character has. As for him thinking the trailer is going to be enjoyed, that again tells us practically nothing. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Lego is making a ninja vehicle for under $10 actually, Zane's ice tank, you guessed it, it's a polybag!! XD

Is it Zane with his hairpiece in that polybag?

15 minutes ago, Borex said:

Is it Zane with his hairpiece in that polybag?

Not a clue found my information in the picture above, sorry :(

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I found pictures of one of the polybags online. It's the ice tank

Well, that's nice for you. 

I couldn't find it in any of the usual places, so care to share a link?

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not bad, I've never seen a tank treaded polybag build before, but perhaps I'm just not aware of one. 

By the way, what transparent color seems to be depicted on his tank in the movie?

th?id=OIP.T3UnKqO3vqOaBgtIUEA6hwEsCT&pid=15.1

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not bad, I've never seen a tank treaded polybag build before, but perhaps I'm just not aware of one. 

By the way, what transparent color seems to be depicted on his tank in the movie?

th?id=OIP.T3UnKqO3vqOaBgtIUEA6hwEsCT&pid=15.1

Light Blue

Just now, Clx_45 said:

Light Blue

Definitely? I sort of was hoping it would be some kind of new transparent bluish-green color, though I know Lego would probably not introduce a new color for an occasion like this. :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Definitely? I sort of was hoping it would be some kind of new transparent bluish-green color, though I know Lego would probably not introduce a new color for an occasion like this. :def_shrug:

Transparent Light Blue on top of another yellowish green color might give that effect. Maybe. 

Just now, Actor Builder said:

Transparent Light Blue on top of another yellowish green color might give that effect. Maybe. 

We'll see, I do like seeing new colors introduced, just as long as they are not too similar and unnecessarily bloat the color palette. 

But like I said, I'm honestly not really expecting a new color to come from this theme, but the tank in the trailer was curious in that regard, so I just had to ask.

On 2017-6-10 at 0:44 AM, Sr1847 said:

And if I came off angry or something I'm sorry I just don't like  Ninjago is always given the short end of the stick and I do get that Lego is trying to take their time and stuff but come on it's June, the sets r out in August, and the movie is out in September so yeah and sorry one more time if I sound angry or if sound as if though as I am ranting because the movie does look good and so do the set 

Hi. Can you please use proper interpunction. Your long sentences are very hard to read without periods.

According to promobricks:

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 109 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 233 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Master Falls (70608) – 312 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Manta Ray Bomber (70609) – 341 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Water Strider (70611) – 494 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon (70612) – 544 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Garmadon’s Shark Mech (70613) – 747 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Lightning Jet (70614) – 877 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech (70615) – 942 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Temple of the Ultimate (70617) – 1.404 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 2.295 pieces

5 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

According to promobricks:

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 109 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 233 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Master Falls (70608) – 312 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Manta Ray Bomber (70609) – 341 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Water Strider (70611) – 494 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon (70612) – 544 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Garmadon’s Shark Mech (70613) – 747 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Lightning Jet (70614) – 877 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech (70615) – 942 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Temple of the Ultimate (70617) – 1.404 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 2.295 pieces

I am very pleased with all of the piece counts for the sets. I'm surprised by the Destiny's Bounty's piece count because of it be 169.99 € ,and and the fire mech's piece count because of it because 69.99 €. I'm just wondering if you get the chance could you provide a link 

Edited by Sr1847