Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

A thought. Seeing as the laser pointer is shown in other sets. I has me thinking that it isn't the ultimate ultimate weapon. What if the ultimate ultimate weapon is the kragle and this is a prequel to the Lego Movie.

A quick look at the past few pages shows that this doesn't seem to have been posted before... but this looks great! I'm pretty sure those designs on the posts are stickers though.

4 hours ago, kyreii said:

A quick look at the past few pages shows that this doesn't seem to have been posted before...

It actually was on a previous page.

Edited by dimaks13

I love the sets after seeing HD pics! I have to save for August so I can pick up some smaller sets like the city chase and the Spinjitzu Training. The Ultimate Temple looks like it'll be $100, so maybe I'll go for that in August too. Destiny's Bounty is gorgeous, but seeing as how it'll be around $170 I'll wait until 2018 for that. I'm glad these sets look so good, but I still don't like the dragon. Its head just doesn't look right to me although it is very well built and detailed.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

With all the talk surrounding the Lego Ninjago Movie, i just wanna state that i am super LTTP on both but i finally built the Rock Roader as well as the Tumbler and

in my opinion Tumbler > Rock Roader. And yes, i am fully aware this opinion goes against the grain :devil:

1 hour ago, Darth Wayne said:

With all the talk surrounding the Lego Ninjago Movie, i just wanna state that i am super LTTP on both but i finally built the Rock Roader as well as the Tumbler and

in my opinion Tumbler > Rock Roader. And yes, i am fully aware this opinion goes against the grain :devil:

I think both are great, but my favorite's the Tumbler no doubt.

Why does one version of Garmadon have a 12-pack while the other has an exposed ribcage?

On 6/1/2017 at 10:59 PM, legozebra said:

The trees aren't Lego... For some reason, looking at that, I feel... Uncomfortable.

Also if the Ninjago Movie game has open world that looks like in the picture... :wub_drool:

Edited by gamejutzu

If this movie is supposed to work in the real world like the LEGO Movie, I'm guessing they're bonsai trees.  So they look huge to LEGO, but they are small trees.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

If this movie is supposed to work in the real world like the LEGO Movie, I'm guessing they're bonsai trees.  So they look huge to LEGO, but they are small trees.

7 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

The whole thing is taking place outside - at least this is what leaks says.

8 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Finn's back yard?

Just a reminder: 

3 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

So we are technically getting Cole's mech... as a polybag

Ah, so a bit like how we got the Batwing polybag before getting the actual set in the second wave. I actually like this; it's a neat way to tide people over until the sets come out.

It's weird but cool how Jungle Garmadon has the regular torso backwards. I kinda would've liked the full on battle armor Garmadon in the temple set, since that's probably the only one I can get in August. 

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Ah, so a bit like how we got the Batwing polybag before getting the actual set in the second wave. I actually like this; it's a neat way to tide people over until the sets come out.

I don't think the Cole Mech will be made in a set because it will have obvious stands to hold it up because it won't balance on one wheel...unless there are more unseen wheels on the mech in the movie. If there are, then yes, there are hopes of it being a set.

15 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

I don't think the Cole Mech will be made in a set because it will have obvious stands to hold it up because it won't balance on one wheel...unless there are more unseen wheels on the mech in the movie. If there are, then yes, there are hopes of it being a set.

I'm pretty sure the main vehicle of one of the fil's key protagonists will be featured in a set, but I am very curious on how it will be accomplished though. I'm sure Lego designers will find a way, as usual - after all, the vehicles in the movie evolve as a natural process of designing sets, so if it was impossible at some point, I think a change would have been made.

16 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

So we are technically getting Cole's mech... as a polybag

Polybag in Wave 1.  I'm interested to see if the bag will come with Cole so that he can pilot the mech or if it will be a just a min-model of the mech itself.  I'm thinking the latter as including a minifig and "making room" for it in the model would probably be too big a compromise given the likely piece count.  Assuming it's a mini model of the set, then I'd be very interested to see how it would be interpreted with, what, a 50 piece count? (Not sure of what the exact piece count range is for these types of poly bags).

13 hours ago, legozebra said:

Agreed. 

10 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

Relax.  It's coming (see legozebra's comments below).  Also, several board members who are "in the know" have said it will be a Wave 2 set.

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

I'm pretty sure the main vehicle of one of the fil's key protagonists will be featured in a set, but I am very curious on how it will be accomplished though. I'm sure Lego designers will find a way, as usual - after all, the vehicles in the movie evolve as a natural process of designing sets, so if it was impossible at some point, I think a change would have been made.

As for the "standing" issue.  This can be dealt with pretty easily.  They will probably design 2 "kickstands" on either side of the wheel that fold down to allow the mech to stand and fold back up into the wheel when "in motion". 

10 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

Many of these sets have been scaled down from the film versions, so presumably same can be said of Cole's mech, which is unfortunate since it probably will not utilize the Technic tractor tire, which was the coolest part about his mech.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New info:

Official names-70610 Flying Jelly Sub, 70613 Garmadon's Robo-Shark and 70616 Ice Tank.

For 2018? Or a exclusive in the fall wave?

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

70613 Garmadon's Robo-Shark

This and his hammerhead Shark mech are what i need to see.

Edited by Scarilian