Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

16 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

The Garmadon upper torso piece seen on the armor-less version appears to be the same one from the orginial four-armed Garmadon just turned around backwards. You can see it in the trailer below at 1:52 when Garmadon and Wu are fighting in the woods. When Garmadon spins round, if you pause it at just the right moment you can see the bumpy lines from the first upper torso pieceon the back of the one Garmadon has here. So I guess they just turned the arms around and added some printing to the piece.

Aw, that's a bit of a bummer... though it is a clever solution. And the good news about that is that it means the torso won't swivel around awkwardly.

Awesome looking very cool minifigures! 

Edited by Tahu
Fixing the reply

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

New pics:

Untitled by elephantograph, on Flickr

Untitled by elephantograph, on Flickr

34731007165_b605cbd820_z.jpgUntitled by elephantograph, on Flickr

EDIT: oh wow, @THELEGOBATMAN I got ninja'd 

That figure on the right is that a new Ninjago figure??   looks like a nexo knight to me,,.....    anybody know what setnumber it wil be in ??

Hopefully thanks in advance!!

Just now, gundamz said:

Lol.  Why'd sensei wu wear a skirt?

It's not a skirt, just men kimono.

31 minutes ago, allstyles said:

That figure on the right is that a new Ninjago figure??   looks like a nexo knight to me,,.....    anybody know what setnumber it wil be in ??

Hopefully thanks in advance!!

Nexo Knights 73048 and 70354.

I love the regular Garmadon figure. Hopefully I can get a set with him in it. I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be able to buy all of the sets, but I need to slow down on my spending especially after the LBM waves. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not a skirt, just men kimono.

Nexo Knights 73048 and 70354.

thanks,...    you switched a number 70348,.....   whent into the local toystore ,.. they had that one on sale,...    so i already bought it,..    

love those figures,...  reminds me of prof. brainstein  https://brickset.com/minifigs/uagt034

That's a skirt on Wu. A kimono would be different... it looks really... Crappy.

But Garmadon looks cool! Finally a good figure in the movie line.

The skirt on Wu is actually quite disappointing because they put the split along the side. You can try it with any lego skirts you have at home, but basically if you put it on so that the split is in the back, there isn't any flaring out and it maintains its shape much better. It's a real oversight that they didn't do that here. Having the split be in the front would have been even more perfect. If anyone is confused, I can take pictures of what I mean when I get home.

The more I look at armored Garmadon,the more I love this minifigure! Such an improvement over previous versions: great new helmet and upper torso and good prints! I think this version of Garmadon will be one of the best, if not the best Ninjago minifigure ever!

21 hours ago, gundamz said:

I like the fish villains.  They're no stranger than the snakes or stone soldiers.

In a way i'd argue that these villains are even stranger than serpentine and stone warriors. At least the other Ninjago villains have something in common and fit the world's theme one way or another (even the nindroids fit in). These look like cheesy villains from a Japanese production back in the day (or a Power Rangers episode, which is equally as cheesy). It's not that they're human (Ninjago's had human villains), it's that they don't really represent the unique pandora's box, somewhat ornate, or ancient, design Ninjago usually has.

Also I think the two piece masks look neat, and i've always wanted the actual technicality of the masks to be mentioned, but this does even more, it's a physical representation of the actual mask process. And besides, you can either wear the top part on the head piece, or the bottom part on the neck piece. If you don't have a ninja's hair but a kid wants to have them maskless, you can simply wear the top part instead of awkwardly leaving them "bald". It's a good placeholder.

Edited by gamejutzu

2 hours ago, horizon said:

That's a skirt on Wu. A kimono would be different... it looks really... Crappy.

You're misunderstanding. The skirt component is a textile piece intending to be the lower half of his kimono.

It's also applied incorrectly, so yes, it does look crappy.

6 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

You're misunderstanding. The skirt component is a textile piece intending to be the lower half of his kimono.

Well, that explains a lot. lol 

13 hours ago, allstyles said:

thanks,...    you switched a number 70348,.....   whent into the local toystore ,.. they had that one on sale,...    so i already bought it,..    

love those figures,...  reminds me of prof. brainstein  https://brickset.com/minifigs/uagt034

Hi allstyles,

Please use normal/proper punctuation, instead....of.....this....

Start a sentence with a capital and use a single period (.) at the end. 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

The hoods look better there. I really like the Cole figure and Lloyd is good as well, I'm just not sure I'm sold on the green eyes. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The hoods look better there. I really like the Cole figure and Lloyd is good as well, I'm just not sure I'm sold on the green eyes. 

That's Jay, not Cole.

52 minutes ago, PickleManDan said:

That's Jay, not Cole.

Wow, I must be blind. I definitely want to get the big sets with all the ninja. The hoods on the figures are growing on me, but I still don't particularly like the look of them in the movie for some reason. 

On 05/18/2017 at 11:42 PM, Penkid11 said:

If it's a skirt call it a skirt.

If that is supposed to be a kimono Lego failed. ;)

6 minutes ago, horizon said:

If it's a skirt call it a skirt.

If that is supposed to be a kimono Lego failed. ;)

if it's claws, call them claws.

If there suppoed to be hands, Lego failed. ;)

Seriously, it's all about the illusion - that this unproportioned blocky thing looks like a Samurai, police officer or whatever we want.