Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

44 minutes ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

Just2Good confirmed to me that Zane's Tank is coming THIS WAVE as a retailer exclusive. I'm not sure if it's 70610 or 70616, though. I assume it's 70616 since it should be a bigger set (even while scaled down), and also because that set number code name on the original list was ZT.

Ohmygosh. Yesssssssss......

I currently intend on buying 5 of the wide release sets (Spinjitzu training, City chase, Masterfalls, Firemech and the bounty) so that should leave space for Zane's tank and the shark mech.

Edited by LegoShroom

Just ordered The Temple of Airjitzu as so many collector reviews endorsed it so much.   Going to have to watch the show now to figure out what the heck it's all about

18 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

Just2Good confirmed to me that Zane's Tank is coming THIS WAVE as a retailer exclusive. I'm not sure if it's 70610 or 70616, though. I assume it's 70616 since it should be a bigger set (even while scaled down), and also because that set number code name on the original list was ZT.

Ah, interesting!  I do recall the code on the initial set list was "ZT" and it makes sense that it would be a larger set.  Just2Good did say though that Garmadon's mech was in this wave as an exclusive (unless he was misinformed by his source perhaps), so in that case, could the mech be 70610?  Only thing there is that the mech looks very large and even scaled down, I expect it would be way too large to work as a 30-40 euro set which is what 70610 would be based on the price list.  Or is there supposed to be a 3rd retailer exclusive that I'm missing and the shark mech is one of those along with a 3rd unknown exclusive...?

7 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Ah, interesting!  I do recall the code on the initial set list was "ZT" and it makes sense that it would be a larger set.  Just2Good did say though that Garmadon's mech was in this wave as an exclusive (unless he was misinformed by his source perhaps), so in that case, could the mech be 70610?  Only thing there is that the mech looks very large and even scaled down, I expect it would be way too large to work as a 30-40 euro set which is what 70610 would be based on the price list.  Or is there supposed to be a 3rd retailer exclusive that I'm missing and the shark mech is one of those along with a 3rd unknown exclusive...?

I don't remember all the details of the list but three store exclusives would make sense, given that particularly in the U.S. exclusives for major themes (which the Lego Ninjago Movie definitely is) tend to be split between three major retailers (Toys R Us, Target, and Wal-Mart).

1 hour ago, Johnmeel said:

70613 is named garmaddon's shark mech according to brickset

https://brickset.com/sets/70613-1/Garmadon-s-Shark-Mech

It wasn't in the catalogue so its an exclusive in at least some areas. However it is the only exclusive whose name was leaked

That was updated by the brickpal, based on what J2G said. He can be a little hasty when it comes to updating these unofficial lists.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:11 PM, Killian said:

Going to have to watch the show now to figure out what the heck it's all about

Go ahead and do that! You won't regret it, just make sure to watch it in order :wink:

Is Temple of Airjitzu already retired or about to be retired soon?

Edited by gundamz

1 hour ago, gundamz said:

If the rumored TLNM D2C is legit, then I would say that the Temple of Airjitzu's lifespan is nearing its end. In fact, seeing as it's nearly been the average two years for an off-exclusive, expect it to disappear regardless if the D2C is legit sometime this year.

3 hours ago, gundamz said:

Yea as said above: it will probably retire near the end of this year or early next year. It makes sense for them to keep it around with the hype of the movie instead of retiring right before that. 

@Kevii23 We have seen pictures of the sets, and we know how they are going to look like. But you have seen them in person. Please tell me one thing, in 70617 Temple of The Ultimate Weapon are Ninjas coming only with hairpieces, or with masks too?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Next magazine will include a rather nice Vermillion figure, with the more exclusive snake armour piece:

The movie sets make me super happy! One of the most solid waves thus far. Heck, that Destiny's Bounty could turn any wave into an overall above average one, singlehandedly! :wub:The set that looks the least good to me, is Kai's mech, so I think that says enough... :wink:

The civilians in traditional clothing and with new rice hat (in different colours already!), are sure to cause a little revolution in the medieval Japanese/Chinese castle genre.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Lyichir said:

I don't remember all the details of the list but three store exclusives would make sense, given that particularly in the U.S. exclusives for major themes (which the Lego Ninjago Movie definitely is) tend to be split between three major retailers (Toys R Us, Target, and Wal-Mart).

Based on Brickset's database and the set sequencing, there will be 3 retailer exclusives: 

70610 - Initials "JS" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 30 or 40 euros based on sequencing.  Set contents unknown at this time.

70613 - Initials "NW" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 55 to 70 euros based on sequencing.  Theorized to be Garmadon's Shark Mech.

70616 - Initials "ZT" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 80 to 100 euros based on sequencing.  Could be Zane's Tank.

So, looks like the 3 exclusives will be in 3 totally different size classes - one large, one medium and one medium-small set.  Based on the input from Just2Good, it looks like Zane's tank is the largest set, Garmadon's mech is the one in the middle (assume it couldn't be the smallest due to size), which leaves 70610 a mystery for now.  I have no idea what it could be.  Cole's mech looks to be Wave 2 at this point (and would likely be too big for that price point), so my guess is either a villain vehicle or another building/scenery set of some kind.  "JS" = Jellyfish?  Jellyfish Sub?

Anyone heard anything about what 70610 could be?  @just2good?

14 hours ago, gundamz said:

Wait.

It's already retired online (in the US).

If you have a Lego Store nearby, that's going to be your best bet.

Edited by Penkid11

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

Wait.

It's already retired online (in the US).

If you have a Lego Store nearby, that's going to be your best bet.

I just see it's sold out on Lego.com.  Is that the same as retirement? 

The Temple is retired in my region. With the movie coming out I thought I would try to pick up one but the price on it now suggest this thing has been out of distribution here for a few months already. >.< Will have to settle for the forge this year at some point then get one of the big ones released for the movie later this year. 

I am making a display at my house's entrance and I would like it to be thematically very oriental. 

10 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Based on Brickset's database and the set sequencing, there will be 3 retailer exclusives: 

70610 - Initials "JS" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 30 or 40 euros based on sequencing.  Set contents unknown at this time.

70613 - Initials "NW" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 55 to 70 euros based on sequencing.  Theorized to be Garmadon's Shark Mech.

70616 - Initials "ZT" on the initial leaked list - Price likely 80 to 100 euros based on sequencing.  Could be Zane's Tank.

So, looks like the 3 exclusives will be in 3 totally different size classes - one large, one medium and one medium-small set.  Based on the input from Just2Good, it looks like Zane's tank is the largest set, Garmadon's mech is the one in the middle (assume it couldn't be the smallest due to size), which leaves 70610 a mystery for now.  I have no idea what it could be.  Cole's mech looks to be Wave 2 at this point (and would likely be too big for that price point), so my guess is either a villain vehicle or another building/scenery set of some kind.  "JS" = Jellyfish?  Jellyfish Sub?

Anyone heard anything about what 70610 could be?  @just2good?

70620 is exclusive too.

48 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

70620 is exclusive too.

But we know what that is.

I really want to see that Jellyfish vehicle. This wave is suprisingly light on villains vehicles.

Also, is 70619 a set or was it scrapped during preproduction??

34 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

I really want to see that Jellyfish vehicle. This wave is suprisingly light on villains vehicles.

Might be a good hint from Sticker album - also 30-40 euro price range is reasonable for it:

TLNMsticker2.png

Edited by agrof

On 2017-5-7 at 4:46 PM, Exetrius said:

Next magazine will include a rather nice Vermillion figure, with the more exclusive snake armour piece:

I'm surprised the upcoming figure is Lloyd, as they've not done him before. In fact I ended up making my own "version" as I wasn't expecting them to make one of him. The Vermillion figure does look great and I will get it, but I hope this doesn't mean they'll skip Nya. I know I can just buy one off eBay, and I am looking into it but she's seemingly rare and expensive so one from a magazine will be a little easier on the wallet.

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote a video. Thanks

9 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

But we know what that is.

Also, is 70619 a set or was it scrapped during preproduction??

We know what 70613 and 70616 are too. 70619 is not a Lego Ninjago Movie set.

Why do all of the minifigures have the wrong heads? Nya's head on Kais' body, Kai's head on Sensei wu and the hammerhead's body, Shen-li's head on Ham's body??

We haven't seen that female civilian in a set yet so that's something to look forward to. Also Kai's face has barely changed.

Edited by LegoShroom