Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

NINJAGO City Chase sounds like a good deal to me! If it's a mini market with the police vehicle, it's a must buy. Especially since Nya (my favorite design out of all of the ninja) is in the set.

I really hope that Ed and Edna look exactly the same as their show counterparts just for fanservice. It'll make many fans much happier, considering we still haven't gotten them in minifigure form yet!

Edited by TheLazyChicken

5 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Just noticed that there seems to be no octopus, angler fish or crab villains listed. 

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that Crusty is a crab villain (crustacean). Also don't forget that there's also still a minifigures series, a D2C set, and probably some store exclusive sets. Koko isn't listed among these figures either, so she'll probably be in one of those.

Overall I like that there's a wide range of prices and that there seem to be a lot of options for getting the main characters. It's also pretty great that the Destiny's Bounty, like Temple of Airjitzu before it, includes the full ninja team, although it's peculiar that it doesn't come with any villain figs — perhaps it will contain brick-built villains/monsters?

As far as story is concerned I am glad to learn that the movie will have Spinjitzu; I hope it will also have elemental powers. I'm a bit unsure what to think of a "Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon" since the LEGO Movie universe already had an ultimate weapon, the Kragle. A new ultimate weapon runs the risk of either falling short of that standard or feeling like arbitrary escalation. But of course, seeing as with a name that vague it could be literally anything, I won't make assumptions about how it will end up being handled.

Ed and Edna minifigures are a nice surprise, whether or not they match the show versions. In general these sets seem to be better about including civilian characters than typical Ninjago sets.

Hey everyone. I just saw the 9 sets for which we recieved the minifigs for in hd. I cannot share them here due to the watermarks. Feel free to ask me questions because they are so much more awesome than you know. I'll post a few additional details here in a bit. 

Edited by LegoShroom

Just now, LegoShroom said:

Hey everyone. I just saw the 9 sets for which we recieved images in hd. I cannot share them here due to the watermarks. Feel free to ask me questions because they are so much more awesome than you know. I'll post a few additional details here in a bit. 

Can you confirm if the list posted awhile ago are correct? You know, those minifigures included and set names. Thanks

Spoiler

Just to straighten out a few things- Crusty IS the crab villain. Shen li and Ham are civilians in traditional eastern asian garb and Ed and Edna, whilst a little different, are mostly faithful to the show. The ninja don't have hoods in the City chase set or the temple set. No octopus villains sadly and whilst the angler fish villain is shown in the picture for a set he is replaced with Crusty. :sadnew: There's that new asian hat mould for Jungle garmadon, ham and shenli (the hat that we saw on that civilian in the trailer). Finally, the dragon is really a bit of an aquired taste. It looks very little like the trailer version. Oh, and the ultimate weapon is some sort of lion crystal.

3 minutes ago, makoy said:

Can you confirm if the list posted awhile ago are correct? You know, those minifigures included and set names. Thanks

Yes. The minifigs, names and prices are all correct.

Edited by LegoShroom

A few questions I'd love you to answer:

1.) What are the build contents in Ninjago City Chase?

2.) Do Ed and Edna look like their show counterparts?

3.) What does Shen-Li look like?

4.) Is Jungle Garmadon the one in the trailer with cloth and straw-looking hat?

5.) Were the Spinjitzu Training and Destiny's Bounty blurred photos legit?

6.) Anything on Master Falls?

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Just now, Puffle Pal26 said:

A few questions I'd love you to answer:

1.) What are the build contents in Ninjago City Chase?

2.) Do Ed and Edna look like their show counterparts?

3.) What does Shen-Li look like?

4.) Is Jungle Garmadon the one in the trailer with cloth and straw-looking hat?

5.) Were the Spinjitzu Training and Destiny's Bounty blurred photos legit?

Okey pokey...

1) Police car from the sticker book, two lamposts and a little chinese market-esc stall for ham. Nya and lloyd in street garb. 

2) I put this in the spoiler bit but they're v.close to the show counterparts, especially Edna.

3) Again- was in the spoiler tag but like a chinese rice farmer with that new hat piece from the trailer.

4) Yes. Ten pack and all.

5) Nope. As horribly fake as they come. They're much *much* better in real life. Especially the bounty. It's majestic.

2 minutes ago, makoy said:

How about info on minifigures series?

Haven't seen it. Sorry. I only saw the 9 sets for which we recieved the list of minifigs for earlier on today.

Edited by LegoShroom

38 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

2) I put this in the spoiler bit but they're v.close to the show counterparts, especially Edna.

3) Again- was in the spoiler tag but like a chinese rice farmer with that new hat piece from the trailer.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see the spoiler tag post originally! Thanks for the details. What is Spinjitzu Training like, other than minifigs?

Oh, and I found a video with the minifig lineup photos. Looking sweet!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Ohh, me like. Ed and Edna are definitely a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. I think they're wearing different outfits, but that's fine with me. And that Destiny's Bounty is an absolute BEAUT.

Looks like there will be a Juniors set as well. 10739 Shark Attack. Wonder if Lloyd's variant in that will be exclusive.

7 minutes ago, npgcole said:

Looks like there will be a Juniors set as well. 10739 Shark Attack. Wonder if Lloyd's variant in that will be exclusive.

I've seen it, and it is! :classic:

Dang Lego, you win again, definitely getting all. I think these sets exceed the tv series sets by a long shot, and the temple set looks like a set from the old ninja theme from the late 90's.

To be fair, I like maybe half of them. Nya's walker is upsetting but I'll hold off until I see what kind of posability the legs have. I'm not a big fan of the temple. The colour scheme is v. bland. I'll likely miss out on this one so I can get the bounty and/or the city. The dragons head is oversized. It looks anorexic. Jay's vehicle is a bit of a hodge-podge too. And I don't like the manta flyer. I'll hold off on being too critical until I see better pictures and reviews. The wave is definately more hit than miss though. 

All the Movie sets look really good, probably the best wave of Ninjago ever! Spinjitsu Training, Green Ninja Mech Dragon, Master Falls are must buy for me, with City Chase being a very likely buy. Temple of the Ultimate Weapons looks so good, too bad I won't be buying it as well as new Destinys Bounty which the best version of this ship ever! Nya's Water Strider, Manta Ray Bomber and Lightning Jet are all solid sets too, just not for me, at least until better pics get released.

P.s. Kai is probably the most common ninja of all in this wave.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

4) Yes. Ten pack and all.

I counted... it's actually 12. Beat that Batman! :laugh:

I've only come across a really bad Youtube video. But the Destiny Bounty looks pretty good, I might just get that one and I'll pick up the Garmadon in the smallish set. Can't wait to see the CMF!

So far my list of sets to buy includes Spinjitzu training, NC Chase, Master Falls, Kai's mech and The Destiny's bounty. 

Llyods dragon and Nya's mech very much depend on how it looks in reviews. The temple, manta bomber and Jay's vehicle are easy passes. That being said, the crab vehicle in the Jay set is soooooo good. I may just get that off of, if someone has separated it from the set. I can't wait for the final 4. 

The million dollar question is which Lego movie got better sets this year? Batman or Ninjago??

I just realized that the new destiny's bounty uses pearl gold bananas as part of the dragon's head.

Looking at that piece in that gold color made me think of "oh banana!" from donkey kong 64.

It's also on lloyd's dragon too. 

Edited by jake0324demo

Unsure the names as the images i have are a different language, but here are some desriptions;

10739;
Appears to be the Ninjago Juniors set. It has Kai riding a Lego bike with a flame piece at the back. He is racing towards a Shark minion who is basically a figure wearing a shark head sitting inside a vehicle that is made to look like a shark. In the background we have a small display which appears to be a training area with what appears to be a Lloyd variant in training clothes. Included is a small 'break the wood' feature to replicate cutting through the wood and a wall where you can hang your swords.

70606;
This is the training area, it's a small set and likely one which you'll skip over or forget exists. It's basically bland except for a small area behind which i cannot really make out the details. Though there are some things for the Ninja to punch/slice and a sword-rack using the piece that is used to allow a Ninja to have two swords on their back.

70607;
This is the market place which was described. It involves Lloyd, Nya and an officer (in a police vehicle with three wheels) chasing a thug. Behind them is a nice little store build with some lamposts and a connecting wire with hanging lights.

70608;
This is the 'Master Falls' set. It appears to have a cage hanging from a tree branch, Kai appears to have escaped the cage and is dangling from a bridge that spans between two cliff structures. Meanwhile Wu is facing off against Garmadon (who has four swords and a hat similar to Wu's) A small skeleton rests in the corner. Could easily see someone replicating the bridge scene from Temple Of Doom. Worth noting is that the image did not give a title to the Skeleton. Garmadon is named 'Jungle Garmadon' in this set and lacks the robe exposing his muscles.

70609;
Manta Ray Bomber, as i speculated a while back. It looks almost identical to the trailers and even appears to be of a similar scale. It actually has a Manta-ray brickbuilt face on the front. The set also includes another Shark villain variant, this time being a 'Great White' shark helmet on a figure. This set also includes Cole, Shen-Lu (a civilian running away) and a shark army gunner who looks different to the general shark army thugs.

70611;
Nya's vehicle - with her and Kai facing off against a thug and a villain called 'puffer' with a pinkish puffer fish on his head. Most noticeably Nya's vehicle appears to have the ability to walk on water. The display picture showing a building with a shrimp in the background. The build itself looks fairly close to the trailers with articulation at the feet and knee's of the vehicle (possibly the middle though its unclear) The middle section kind of reminds me of the Sentinel's from The Matrix.

70612;
Lloyd and Wu face off against Charlie (a thug) and Garmadon (who is firing a laser. Sadly Lloyd's Dragon does not live up to my expectations. The face appears to be made-up of two molded pieces with a brickbuilt eye, breathing purple flames. The overally appearance is very thin and while Lloyd can rdide on the back of it, it does look a bit too small for him - which appears to be why they've made what looks like a seat on the back of the Dragon's neck. Garmadon has a purple robe covering his front.

70614;
Definitely Jay's vehicle from the trailer facing off against a small crab vehicle build (number appears to be either 19 or 13) - i believe we see it scuttling during the Garmadon shark walk attack scene from the trailer. The most interesting of the figures to me is the inclusion of 'Jelly' who appears to be the Jellyfish domed character from the trailer.

70615;
Kai's mech we've already seen - most noticeably includes a Shark villain with a Hammerhead shark helmet piece instead of a regular shark. It also includes a Jelly warrior.

70617;
Basically the set with all the Ninja and Jungle Garmadon - it lacks Wu. The two stone brick-built dogs are impressive. The temple itself is wider than i anticipated and the majority is focusing on a large door at the center which is where Lloyd and Garmadon are fighting. Jay is trapped in  skeletal cage on the right of the structure. It's primarily a purple and grey build and the surroundings give a 'haunted' vibe. At the top appears to be some sort of mystical item - which looks kind of like the Necronomicon mixed with Kremzeek and appears to be stone coloured.

70618;
Destiny's Bounty has finally arrived and it looks pretty epic. This set contains all the Ninja and Sensei Wu and looks much better than the Temple set. The ship itself has two brick-built dragon head carvings at the front, three sails displaying (two making a dragon with the back displaying a shield.The majority of the exterior is smooth bricks. The back has what appears to be a canopy covering a captain's cabin and potentially a lower area for the Ninja. The only small critique is the middle of the lower segment of the ship is mostly square/rectangular and sticks out a bit. Other than that it looks amazing and will be a set that i'm definitely tempted to get.

31 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

The million dollar question is which Lego movie got better sets this year? Batman or Ninjago??

Ninjago Movie most definitely. Kai's Mech and the Destiny's Bounty certainly make the Ninjago line-up stand out more than the Batman sets. The only thing the Ninjago sets lack at the moment is more interesting figures as a majority of the sets contain thugs, villains with helmets or civilians. Though yeah, nothing in the Batman line-up is as good as the Destiny's Bounty.