Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Are they legit to the specific set numbers we had? Do we have confirmation that they definitely go with certain sets - or is it just a situation where the names are legit but we dont know which they apply to?

I actually spoke with Huw on the matter (he added the non-exclusive names to Brickset), and, yes, the non-exclusive names+numbers are legit.

Basically the european version of that part of the trailer translated into english. 

I don't know if it's fake or not, I think no. If that images are true, we have got first pictures of 70606 Spinjitzu Training and 70618 Destiny's Bounty!!! Really bad quality. Ah, and Cole minifigure too.

Edited by LuxorV
Images removed on TLG request.

Yeah, the smaller set looks identical to the Ninja Training Outpost from 2011 with one of the 2015 Anacondrai Cultist Shrines thrown in...

With the exception of the cole minifig, both of the 'set' pictures are almost certainly fake. The bounty is just an edited version on the final flight of destiny's bounty. And the small set for reasons mentioned by Ninja of Fire. 

While searching for bits of news on YT, I found this thumbnail. The background looks similar to the very first picture that showed us the ninja with their representative voice actors. Has anyone seen the unedited image? 

Also, the video with this thumbnail shows some artwork, which is discussed as variants of the upcoming season (don't think so!). Anyone know who's work it is? See below:

On 30/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, Exetrius said:

While searching for bits of news on YT, I found this thumbnail. The background looks similar to the very first picture that showed us the ninja with their representative voice actors. Has anyone seen the unedited image? 

Also, the video with this thumbnail shows some artwork, which is discussed as variants of the upcoming season (don't think so!). Anyone know who's work it is? See below:

Here is the original image:

17663366_1656480671325569_55905663213948

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote videos.

23 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

I think it's conceptual. Garmadon has the wrong helmet.

Zane is also missing the symbol on his hood

From The Brick Fan:

Spinjitzu Training (70606) – 9.99€
Kai
Zane

Ninjago City Chase (70607) – 19.99€
Lloyd Garmadon
Nya
Shark Army Thug
Ham
Officer Toque

Manta Ray Bomber (70609)- 29.99€
Cole
Shen-Li
Great White
Shark Army Gunner

Water Strider (70611) – 39.99€
Nya
Kai
Shark Army Thug
Puffer

Green Ninjao Mech Dragon (70612) – 49.99€
The Green Ninjago
Wu
Garmadon
Charlie

Lightning Jet (70614) – 59.99€
Jay
Ed
Edna
Crusty
Shark Army Thug
Jelly

Fire Mech (70615) – 69.99€
Kai
Zane
Lauren
Henry
Hammer Head
Jelly

Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (70617) – 99.99€
Jungle Garmadon
Cole
Kai
Nya
Jay
Lloyd
Zane

Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 169.99€
Kai
Jay
Zane
Nya
Cole
Lloyd
Wu

Thanks for this @npgcole. I am intrigued by 70607. So many figures for 20 bucks?

My guess is that the build will be crappy, hence the inclusion of 5 figures.

That small set and the destiny's bounty pictures were leaked and were considered fake at first, but it seems they may be real because the small set lists having kai and zane, which both are in the small leaked set, it could be coincidental or it could be legit.

1 minute ago, jake0324demo said:

That small set and the destiny's bounty pictures were leaked and were considered fake at first, but it seems they may be real because the small set lists having kai and zane, which both are in the small leaked set, it could be coincidental or it could be legit.

I know for sure the set pictures are fake; they're clearly 'shops of existing sets. Dunno how they knew the minifigures in the sets unless the Brick Fan just got around to posting it and the info's been out for a bit now.

Also, Ed and Edna! Suffice to say I'm pretty shocked to see them crop up, in a movie set no less. I wonder how different they'll be from their TV show iterations...?

Shen-Li is also intriguing - is he an ally or enemy?

Edited by legozebra

Just now, legozebra said:

I know for sure the set pictures are fake; they're clearly 'shops of existing sets. Dunno how they knew the minifigures in the sets unless the Brick Fan just got around to posting it and the info's been out for a bit now.

Also, Ed and Edna! Suffice to say I'm pretty shocked to see them crop up, in a movie set no less. I wonder how different they'll be from their TV show iterations...?

Shen-Li is also intriguing - is he an ally or enemy?

we should find out soon.

With Ed and Edna, Lightning Jet is now receiving priority. Well... second priority. The Fire Mech has priority because reasons. :wub:

If it's true then the Destiny's Bounty should be my priority because it has all the protagonists in it --

Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 169.99€
Kai
Jay
Zane
Nya
Cole
Lloyd
Wu

Couldn't help but notice that there is no 'cheap way' to get Jay. Also, they ommitted Master falls so I'll be waiting on whether there is a cheaper way to get Wu and Garmadon. Plus, no villains for Destinys bounty?? I guess it's just a command base and not a warship. Looking forward to the Water strider and the Temple the most. :grin: I'm assuming that Shen-li is that female warrior from the sticker book. Not as many civilians as I would've hoped for. Oh well.

Edited by LegoShroom

For a mech set, the Fire Mech has a lot of minifigures.

The Ninjago City Chase is also interesting because it has 5 minifigures for only 20 EUR.

Just noticed that there seems to be no octopus, angler fish or crab villains listed. 

Edited by LegoShroom

22 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Just noticed that there seems to be no octopus, angler fish or crab villains listed. 

They might be some of the named characters listed.