Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

53 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

"Shark mech", because it has the head of a hammerhead shark.

I think its best we clarify some things, otherwise its going to get confusing.

Shark Mech;
the-lego-ninjago-movie-022-300x250@2x.jp

This is Garmadon's Shark Mech, it was confirmed as being a retailer exclusive.

Garmadon's (?) Hammerhead Shark Mech

atKl1kD.png
This is presumably a Mech that Garmadon would use during later parts of the film. It has not been confirmed as appearing in the movie yet, however it appeared in the sticker book. Presumably after he is stopped by the Ninja's and discovers that Lloyd his son is a Ninja, he would use this mech. We have no clarification on whether we are getting a set of this and it'd arguably be difficult to scale down too much given the staff and the overall details on the mech.

It would likely be as expensive or more expensive than Kai's mech if it were to get a set - meaning that '70617 BS - €109.99' or '70618 ?? - €169.99' are the only real options if we get it this wave.

Given it fires sharks via a machine-gun style weapon... i really doubt we'll get this as a set without some considerable changes to the design.

Edited by Scarilian

I thought it was switched. I thought I remember someone saying there is a garmadon shark set but they were not sure if it was the one from the trailer 

The little white police car thing looks like a tuc-tuc to me... say, wasn't one of the code names "TT"? :wink:

Not a fan of the villains as a figure but the individual parts for other MOCs are money!!! 

37 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

169.99 is the ship of the ninjas.

With shark mech, I meant the hammerhead. It will be a bit smaller, but it will be a set.

Sir von Lego, are you able to tell us if Cole's Mech (the one wheeled black mech) is on that initial set list somewhere? 

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

169.99 is the ship of the ninjas.

With shark mech, I meant the hammerhead. It will be a bit smaller, but it will be a set.

I think that 70617 Ninjago Movie 12 BS is that set. BS can be for Battle Stark or something like that. So if it is Battle Shark, it costs 100$.

Decided to give the list another update.

On 28/02/2017 at 2:10 AM, Scarilian said:

-Confirmation of 9 sets-
1. Shark Mech - Confirmed by Just2good, retailer exclusive
2. Lloyd's Dragon - Confirmed by Bzpower reports
3. Kai's Mech - Confirmed by Bzpower
4. Nya's Mech - Confirmed as a 4-legged mech by BZPower
5. Jay's flyer - Confirmed by Bzpower, mentioned as looking fairly close to the trailer
6. Destiny's Bounty - Confirmed by Bzpower
7. Ninja Dojo/training/base - Confirmed by Bzpower and was confirmed in chat previously we were getting a training area (One of these sets features Wu)
8. An additional small non-vehicle playset - Confirmed by Bzpower (One of these sets features Wu)
9. Manta-ray flyer - Confirmed by Bzpower

On 05/04/2017 at 11:45 PM, Scarilian said:

-Previous list snip-

*Blue's are believed to be retail exclusives/D2C's

*Red's have images and all details listed for them are confirmed.

1. 70606 GA - €9.99 (Believed to be the small non-vehicle playset)
  2. 70607 TT - €19.99 (Believed to be the Ninja Training area)
  3. 70608 SA - €34.99
  4. 70609 MP - €34.99 (Believed to be the Manta Ray plane from the trailers)
  5. 70610 JS (Believed to be retail exclusive Garmadon Shark Mech - Shark Mech was confirmed by Just2good as being a retailer exclusive)
  6. 70611 SC - €44.99
  7. 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon (Lloyd's Dragon) - €54.99, 544 pieces, at least three figures (Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Garmadon + additional figures?)
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99 (Believed to be Nya's Vehicle)
  9. 70614 JJ - €69.99 (Believed to be Jay's Vehicle)
  10. 70615 (Kai's Mech) - €79.99, 6 minfigures (Kai, Zane, Male citizen, female citizen, shark suit villain, jellyfish bowl villain)
  11. 70616 ZT (Believed to be Zane's vehicle)
  12. 70617 BS - €109.99 (Believed to be Garmadon's Hammerhead shark mech - Sir Von Lego confirmed that the Hammerhead shark mech would be a set)
  13. 70618 ??  - €169.99 (Sir Von Lego claimed this set to be the Destiny's Bounty)
  14. 70620 - $300 USD (Kevii23 claimed this set (the D2C) to be the Destiny's Bounty, though rumours believe this to be the Ninjago City)
  15. Juniors Ninjago Movie set (Confirmed by Just2good)
  16. 71019 CMF Ninjago Movie Polybags

Seems we have a bit of a contradiction on whether the Destiny's Bounty is the $300 USD D2C set or the €169.99 normal release set. I think its more likely that the €169.99 will be the Destiny's Bounty while the $300 USD will be the rumoured Ninjago City.

Other than that, everything seems to be lining up now.

if Cole's Mech is not a retailer exclusive then it would have to be '70611 SC' in order to be somewhat in-scale with the other sets. Otherwise it's not in this wave.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

70607 TT - €19.99 (Believed to be the Ninja Training area)

Seems we have a bit of a contradiction on whether the Destiny's Bounty is the $300 USD D2C set or the €169.99 normal release set. I think its more likely that the €169.99 will be the Destiny's Bounty while the $300 USD will be the rumoured Ninjago City.

if Cole's Mech is not a retailer exclusive then it would have to be '70611 SC' in order to be somewhat in-scale with the other sets. Otherwise it's not in this wave.

I think 70607 is believed to be Tuc-Tuc.

Yeah, 70618 is probably Destiny's Bounty, and 70620 is Ninjago City.

Tragic Banjo said that there is no Cole's Mech, so there is no Cole's Mech.

So with the reveal of Garmadon's Hammerhead Shark Mech... i'm hoping that the final battle ends up combining the Ninja's mechs (think Power Rangers) - either way, might try MOC'ing a combiner for the Ninja vehicles.

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Tuc-Tuc?

Yeah, 70618 being the Destiny's Bounty and 70620 being a potential Ninjago City seems to make sense.

I guess if we do get Cole's Mech it'll probably be released after the intitial waves. I expect we will get his vehicle though - just not at the moment.

I suppose its always possible that the $300 USD set might even include Cole's Vehicle along with a Ninjago City layout.

Edited by Scarilian

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With all due respect to Tragic Banjo (I don't recall other members identifying him as someone with "insider knowledge" like Just2Good or Sir von Lego) I don't know whether he said that Cole's mech is not in wave 1 because he actually knows that or whether he was just guessing based on set initials and what we knew based on other posts/process of elimination.  That's why I was hoping that Sir von Lego could confirm if Cole's mech was in this wave or not.  Although I agree with Scarilian that at this point, the only thing on the list that it could be is 70611 or it's a retailer exclusive.

Keep in mind that like TLM and TLBM...

...there will be more than one wave for this movie.

We didn't get Bad Cop's car until a later wave despite it being non-spoiler material.

We aren't getting the Batwing until Summer despite it being non-spoiler material.

Don't be surprised if they only give us a couple of the Ninja Mechs to start and then save a portion of them for later. (i.e. Cole's Mech)

Also if I may theorize. Being that this is a movie about giant robots (aside from the titular Ninja of course) I see the final battle of this movie involving a typical trope for most media created to be centered around mechs typically involve...

The good guys combing their mech into one larger ultimate robot.

To say this will be a hypothetical set? I don't know. I'd sure love it if it was.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that 70617 Ninjago Movie 12 BS is that set. BS can be for Battle Stark or something like that. So if it is Battle Shark, it costs 100$.

Oh, is THAT what BS stands for? My whole life I've been mistaken.

27 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

With all due respect to Tragic Banjo (I don't recall other members identifying him as someone with "insider knowledge" like Just2Good or Sir von Lego) I don't know whether he said that Cole's mech is not in wave 1 because he actually knows that or whether he was just guessing based on set initials and what we knew based on other posts/process of elimination.  That's why I was hoping that Sir von Lego could confirm if Cole's mech was in this wave or not.  Although I agree with Scarilian that at this point, the only thing on the list that it could be is 70611 or it's a retailer exclusive.

Tragic Banjo is one of the most reliable guys around. If he says something is or isn't happening, believe him. 

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

atKl1kD.png

i'm dying :laugh_hard: the mech has a belt of sharks like ammunition XD

I hope Zane's face is double-sided, so we could see a giddy and serious expression (instead of two separate heads in two different sets)

Also, take those headpieces away from the villains and they'd be regular bad guys :def_shrug:

Edited by gamejutzu

2 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

:grin: 

17 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

i'm dying :laugh_hard: the mech has a belt of sharks like ammunition XD

It'd probably be too fragile in a normal set though...

Does that piece on the mech's knee even exist? What is it?

Edited by gamejutzu

9 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

I don't know, it's just speculation.

That Hammerhead Shark Mech looks so glorious!
I'm super excited for this movie and it's sets. Especially looking forward to getting all the ninjas and their new hair pieces.

11 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Did someone before mentioned:

- a bridge over a river, 4 minifigures (Lord G., red Ninja, sceleton and Wu)

- ninja temple (129.99 EUR I think) with two brick built lions, 8 minifigures

- the white police "golf club car" will be a part of a small scene set with street light in Asian style, a building with looks like a market stand and 5 minifigures 

- a blue flying vehicle with looks like an animal (insects)

Thanks for the info

The small set with 5 minifigures sounds interesting