Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nothing confirmed, but probably Lloyd's Dragon will cost 60$, and Kai's Mech will cost 100$.

I highly doubt Kai's mech will be 100$

Oh wow, I like everything I see! Seems like Lloyd's dragon set includes Garmadon?

Glad I only bought Vermillion Attack for now..

About the prices, these sets seem to confirm the set and price list from earlier. Lloyd's dragon on the list was €54.99, which matches up perfectly with the 544 piece count. That list also reported that Kai's mech was €79.99, which looks plausible. This means that not only do we know the price of these two sets, but of every set in the wave.

Also, both of these sets look incredible. Kai's mech looks good, but it seems to have no knee joints, which annoys me to no end. Although I was originally going to buy it, now seeing it I am nos so sure. The minifigures look really good, and I like how they have more that is necessary. (multiple ninja, civilians, Sensei Wu, Garmadon) The dragon is a must buy, with all of the movie's most important characters. The set, from what little we ca see, is great. Overall, if al of the sets are like this, we are in for an incredible wave of sets.

7 hours ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Someone just sent me this image, not sure what the source is, but I don't see any confidential mark on it, so I guess it's safe to post.

Link : https://twitter.com/NinjaJayNuva/status/849634002189262848

Yeah, Rebrick posted it as a competition prize

No knee joints is really disappointing on the Mech, but I dunno if they're just concealed. 

Edited by legozebra

From what I can see, those villain figs are really underwhelming. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if not, I may pass on quite a few of these sets. 

First a couple of thoughts;
- Lloyd's Dragon seems a bit on the cheap side
- Kai's mech looks like a reasonable scaled down version

On 31/03/2017 at 4:08 AM, Scarilian said:

First, adding to the list with the other stuff;

1. 70606 GA - €9.99
  2. 70607 TT - €19.99
  3. 70608 SA - €34.99
  4. 70609 MP - €34.99
  5. 70610 JS
  6. 70611 SC - €44.99
  7. 70612 LD - €54.99
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99
  9. 70614 JJ - €69.99
  10. 70615 KM - €79.99
  11. 70616 ZT
  12. 70617 BS - €109.99
  13. 70618 ?? - €169.99
  14. 70620 NC
  15. Juniors Ninjago Movie set (Confirmed by Just2good)
  16. 71019 CMF Ninjago Movie Polybags

Updating this list;

*Blue's are exclusives
*Red's have images and all details listed for them are confirmed.

1. 70606 GA - €9.99
  2. 70607 TT - €19.99
  3. 70608 SA - €34.99
  4. 70609 MP - €34.99
  5. 70610 JS
  6. 70611 SC - €44.99
  7. 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon (Lloyd's Dragon) - €54.99, 544 pieces, at least three figures (Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Garmadon + additional figures?)
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99
  9. 70614 JJ - €69.99
  10. 70615 (Kai's Mech) - €79.99, 6 minfigures (Kai, Zane, Male citizen, female citizen, shark suit villain, jellyfish bowl villain)
  11. 70616 ZT
  12. 70617 BS - €109.99
  13. 70618 ?? - €169.99
  14. 70620 - $300 USD (Kevii23 claimed this set to be the Destiny's Bounty, though rumours believe this to be the Ninjago City)
Edited by Scarilian

There's €110, €170, and €300 sets?? Seems like they're going even more all out on this than they did for the Batman movie. Bigger sets are usually pretty good, so I'm expecting some great things. I probably won't be able to get any of these until 2018, though. 

The amount of drool and tears of happiness... if it were pure water, it could end a drought.

I'm in heaven.

I'm mean sure it's not to scale, but it's really, really close.

It also appears the Green Ninja Mech Dragon has those cool molded pieces that the movie-version utilizes for its maw.

Also regarding mech size:

Remember Emmet's Construct-o-Mech

Although we adults would gladly spend several hundreds of dollars on movie accurate vehicles, Lego needs to cut corners in order for their target audience to enjoy their product at a reasonable price.

Though I'm sure some AFOLs will conjure up full scale mods of these sets in no time.

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

The D2C will be the Destiny Bounty that is shown in the trailer.

Destiny's Bounty was presented at the Toy Fair events.

Being that that is the case, it is not the D2C exclusive.

Lego does not reveal their D2C exclusive sets until about one month (sometimes one-and-a-half months) before their release date, despite not allowing photos. They wouldn't risk it. This includes at trade shows, unless that set is due out within that time frame (like the Silent Mary and the TIE Fighter before it).

So the answer is no, it's not.

Edited by Penkid11

The picture of the mech worries me about the direction of the film and design of the remaining sets. I was in complete support of the film, but now I'm not so sure... let's hope the dragon mech restores my opinion!

14 minutes ago, Master_Data said:

The picture of the mech worries me about the direction of the film and design of the remaining sets. I was in complete support of the film, but now I'm not so sure... let's hope the dragon mech restores my opinion!

What about the mech worries you?

I'm surprised to see Ninjago Movie will get such a huge D2C set and not Batman Movie

Honestly, I thought it would be the other way around

2 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

What about the mech worries you?

It doesn't have the same design aesthetic as classic Ninjago. It feels like the film deviated too much into Power Rangers based on the set. Please prove me wrong.

If you look closely at the rooftop in the picture on the side of the box, it appears Lloyd's dragon set will also include a goon.

Is everyone sure that's a shark goon in Kai's mech? Looks more like a shrimp to me. Anyway, his weapon is a light blue fish with Thor's hammer attached at the top.

9 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Are you serious?? $100 for the mech is stupidly low value. $70 sound about right. I think that the dragon will be $50 as it has fewer pieces than last years green nrg dragon. However as it's from the movie $55 may sound more viable.

I don't know, if the prices we got two weeks ago were true, and if they were listed like 70606, 70607, 70608... it would be true. But 70610 is exclusive so prices are going down.

21 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Is everyone sure that's a shark goon in Kai's mech? Looks more like a shrimp to me. Anyway, his weapon is a light blue fish with Thor's hammer attached at the top.

Nope, it's shark.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope, it's shark.

Take a closer look though... there are two big black balls on either side of the head. Sharks don't have that.

th?id=OIP.9RtrjRVPUJ-apIhD7G1oXAEsDh&pid=15.1

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Take a closer look though... there are two big black balls on either side of the head. Sharks don't have that.

Yeah, I know, but it's shark for 100%.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

First a couple of thoughts;
- Lloyd's Dragon seems a bit on the cheap side
- Kai's mech looks like a reasonable scaled down version

Updating this list;

*Blue's are exclusives
*Red's have images and all details listed for them are confirmed.

1. 70606 GA - €9.99
  2. 70607 TT - €19.99
  3. 70608 SA - €34.99
  4. 70609 MP - €34.99
  5. 70610 JS
  6. 70611 SC - €44.99
  7. 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon (Lloyd's Dragon) - €54.99, 544 pieces, at least three figures (Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Garmadon + additional figures?)
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99
  9. 70614 JJ - €69.99
  10. 70615 (Kai's Mech) - €79.99, 6 minfigures (Kai, Zane, Male citizen, female citizen, shark suit villain, jellyfish bowl villain)
  11. 70616 ZT
  12. 70617 BS - €109.99
  13. 70618 ?? - €169.99
  14. 70620 - $300 USD (Kevii23 claimed this set to be the Destiny's Bounty, though rumours believe this to be the Ninjago City)

How do you know that 70610, 70616 and 70620 are exclusives?

Kai's mech looks great, and doesn't look too scaled down from the on-screen version. I hope this means that the other sets will be revealed soon.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How do you know that 70610, 70616 and 70620 are exclusives?

Those sets were not featured on the SinQel website where the prices and pictures of sets from most other themes were found, all the other Ninjago Movie sets were listed, which points to those sets being exclusives.

I'm not sure that set 70620 is the D2C though, since I don't think that D2C sets have ever been discovered along with the set list for the regular sets, their set numbers pretty much always come with the official announcement for the set. And don't forget about missing set 70619, which I personally think is more likely to be the D2C.  

I'm not a really big fan of the Ninjago theme but the trailer of the movie got me really hooked up. Also the rumoured D2C set got my attention. I hope it is some kind of modular building. I also really like the Kai's mech. 

I'm interested in the Mech, but all those official set mecha always suffer "backless syndrome" in which there is nothing at all at the rear, or very little. Ever since Exo Force... 

4 hours ago, JasonEffex said:

Kai's mech looks great, and doesn't look too scaled down from the on-screen version. I hope this means that the other sets will be revealed soon.

Those sets were not featured on the SinQel website where the prices and pictures of sets from most other themes were found, all the other Ninjago Movie sets were listed, which points to those sets being exclusives.

I'm not sure that set 70620 is the D2C though, since I don't think that D2C sets have ever been discovered along with the set list for the regular sets, their set numbers pretty much always come with the official announcement for the set. And don't forget about missing set 70619, which I personally think is more likely to be the D2C.  

Sometimes numbers are missing, for example Thor Ragnarok sets: 76084 and 76088. Or Star Wars The Last Jedi: 75176, 75177, 75179, 75187, 75188, 75189 and 75190.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Sometimes numbers are missing, for example Thor Ragnarok sets: 76084 and 76088. Or Star Wars The Last Jedi: 75176, 75177, 75179, 75187, 75188, 75189 and 75190.

Not really, in both of those examples, the sets you've listed are part of a larger theme. For example, the Last Jedi sets are intermixed with the regular SW sets for the year, forming a continuous list, while the Thor sets are part of a bigger list that contains both DC and Marvel sets.

The reason I think that the D2C is the missing set 70619, is because from my understanding, D2C's never appear on the initial set lists, unlike retail exclusives that sometimes do. 

Edited by JasonEffex

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I'm interested in the Mech, but all those official set mecha always suffer "backless syndrome" in which there is nothing at all at the rear, or very little. Ever since Exo Force... 

Kind of agree, modded all instantly, so I hope they continue improving like with 70592 Salvage M.E.C., which is an exception and detailed on the back as well.

Since the Samurai Mech I haven't bought any, so I am really looking forward to the new ones, especially the black looks sick for me. 

EDIT: just watched the trailer again, the red mech seems pretty scale accurate to me, so some nice gas tanks should be on it's back. I guess LEGO wants to avoid the Emmet's mech case, and this time they make the sets much closer (if even not 100% same) to the movie.

Edited by agrof