Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Can anyone make out the name of the dragon set in the background??

Edited by LegoShroom

6 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Can anyone make out the name of the dragon set in the background??

"Green Ninja Mech Dragon"

"Green Ninja Mech Dragon" ...  *huh* I'm sure TLG can be more creative than that

Is it weird that the boxes are different. One has the piece count and name, but the other has no such information.

Those look so amazing! It is going to be so hard for me to resist buying them all.... I need to stay strong and only get the CMF :grin:

There will be Lego Ninjago Movie set for 300$, probably D2C Lego Ninjago City.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Kai's mech looks great, and not that oversized! Minifigure selection is great as well- Kai ,Zane, 2 fishy villains and 2 civilians who look like bride and groom from the trailer. But Lloyd's mech dragon sounds more intriguing and 540 pcs set of it seems  like a great 50-60$ deal!

Edited by benderisgreat

Seeing as lego have revealed these 2 sets for the rebrick contest, albeit with very pixelated boxart, will we being seeing an official reveal with hd pictures sometime soon??

In terms of the mech set, I'm glad to see no sidebuild (except for the pavement that the minifigure is stuck in). Great stuff all around.

Edited by LegoShroom

Kai's mech set reminds me of Dr. Inferno's mech from the Agents line! Also it looks like Nya has a new cloth piece that connects between her legs and torso for a samurai look. These sets look promising!

The sets absolutely look amazimg! I love Kai's Mech and I honestly find it odd that Lloyd's dragon Mech cost less than Kai or Nya's Mechs when he is the main hero in this movie. Either way, I am glad because this way, everyome can get their favorite dragon in a better deal I only wish I could choose between the dragon and Kai's mech. Because Lloyd's set has more interesting minifigures as Sensei Wu and I think that is Garmadon. Yet Kai's Mech look supper awesome so I am in a great dilemma but these sets are great and I assume we will get a new trailer anytime soon along with more pictures of the sets. 

That mech looks like it's gonna jump right into my Top 10 all time LEGO sets :wub:.

Edited by DarthBrickus

Kai's Mech looks cool but the pose on the box looks rather static. I hope this doesn't mean its poseability is limited.

(and the civilians aren't the bride & groom from the trailer :sadnew:)

2 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Kai's Mech looks cool but the pose on the box looks rather static. I hope this doesn't mean its poseability is limited.

(and the civilians aren't the bride & groom from the trailer :sadnew:)

Well, there are going to be civilians through out the sets according to reports, so there's a chance we'll see the bride and groom

I really like Kai's Mech, but I won't buy it. Lloyd's Dragon looks nice, and I will probably buy it.

Image of Lloyd's Dragon 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Grammar

They definitely decreased the size on their vehicles, but that was expected. Not everything in the movie is going to make it to the actual build. Kai's mech isn't that bulky on the legs and shoulders like it is in the movie. I don't mind it at all because they still look great.

2 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The D2C will be the Destiny Bounty that is shown in the trailer.

You sure about that? I'd expect to see a ninjago city type of set.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nothing confirmed, but probably Lloyd's Dragon will cost 60$, and Kai's Mech will cost 100$.

Are you serious?? $100 for the mech is stupidly low value. $70 sound about right. I think that the dragon will be $50 as it has fewer pieces than last years green nrg dragon. However as it's from the movie $55 may sound more viable.

Edited by LegoShroom

Decided to join this thread for the Ninjago Movie sets discussion. Kai's mech looks pretty cool, but I don't think I'll be buying many of these sets. I'm not thrilled with the new character designs and some of the vehicles aren't my cup of tea, but I'll definitely get a few. I'm really looking forward to Lloyd's dragon! And I love that civilians are in these sets- I feel like that's a really rare occurrence. If we do get a $300 D2C Ninjago City I will be thrilled! The Lego Batman Movie D2C was pretty disappointing after seeing the movie, so I hope that isn't the case with this one.