Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

30 minutes ago, Tahu said:

Guys we got some pretty close images of the Posters and I Believe those are the actual sets on the background

8 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

I think those are movie images of the sets but it's nice to get another look.

Some of these do not seem the same as the movie versions;

• Cole's vehicle seems largely unchanged.
  • Nya's has a lighter colour scheme and its clear that its been scaled down quite a bit - it also has triple laser cannons near the cockpit and flags out the back.
  • Jay's vehicle appears to be purple now
  • Zane's tank noticeable has a different cockpit design and only one row of tank treads
  • Lloyd's dragon is sand green and a brighter shade than the trailer

I'm fairly sure these are the CGI rendering's of the set forms of the vehicle's we see in the trailer. In other words, this is probably our first look at how the sets look.

We had a similar style of poster for the Lego Movie where it had a movie styled scene but with the actual set;

e00acc25-1897-4d45-996a-d056d4f6c8ec.pdfWallpaper_OldWest_1600x1200-lego-Movie-1

Edited by Scarilian

Zane looks especially cool. Once again, Zane seems to be the best figure out of yet another Ninjago wave.

37 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Zane looks especially cool. Once again, Zane seems to be the best figure out of yet another Ninjago wave.

Yeah, I love the new zane design too. And he'll be voiced by zach woods which is a phenominal choice for zane.  Jay, kai and lloyd look great too and all three of them have great voice actors. 

5 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Yeah, I love the new zane design too. And he'll be voiced by zach woods which is a phenominal choice for zane.  Jay, kai and lloyd look great too and all three of them have great voice actors. 

Agreed, the designs up close are really nice. Also was really happy to see Zach Woods cast as Zane - he's perfect for the character

11 minutes ago, makoy said:

Zane with a dual golden pinwheel.  :grin:

As someone who played (and loved) Final Fantasy VII, that isn't the first time I've seen a ninja fight with a pin wheel :wink:.

I have the Zane from the "Titanium Ninja Tumbler" who I've been displaying unmasked with Cole and Jay. I'll likely pass on that pack and instead get the two golden gun parts to make my own version of the dual golden pinwheel.

Edited by pawcanada

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 5:02 AM, makoy said:

Zane with a dual golden pinwheel.  :grin:

Hey, if you hold those things out your tank or mech window while driving at hellacious speed,  those pinwheels spin like blurs!

I finally got the new minifigure pack today. Skylor is easily my favorite especially since I passed on the Condrai Copter.

On 3/9/2017 at 6:14 PM, pawcanada said:

As someone who played (and loved) Final Fantasy VII, that isn't the first time I've seen a ninja fight with a pin wheel :wink:.

I have the Zane from the "Titanium Ninja Tumbler" who I've been displaying unmasked with Cole and Jay. I'll likely pass on that pack and instead get the two golden gun parts to make my own version of the dual golden pinwheel.

You're right... but even in FF lore,  dual pinwheel is not a thing so this is amusing to me.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:27 AM, Colossus said:

Hey, if you hold those things out your tank or mech window while driving at hellacious speed,  those pinwheels spin like blurs!

I agree! But I guess the way Zane's dual pinwheel was configured -- one cuts the enemy, and the other one cuts... himself? :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Thebrickfan reporting that there will be a Ninjago City D2C!!!

I'll believe it when we get that Wayne Major we were promised. Lego hasn't made a "D2C set for every Lego Movie" a thing yet (or rather, they haven't had the opportunity to).

Would be wonderful, nonetheless.

Edited by Penkid11

Just now, Penkid11 said:

I'll believe it when we get that Wayne Major we were promised. Lego hasn't made a "D2C set for every Lego Movie" a thing yet (or rather, they haven't had the opportunity to).

When were we promised a Wayne Manor? :look:

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

When were we promised a Wayne Manor? :look:

We were never promised, it was just kind of expected given the videos focusing on the manor in the trailer, especially the focus on the paintings. Lego had also released a previous Wayne Manor.

Ninjago City on the otherhand we've had rumours primarily because Ninjago's Temple Of Airjitzu is believed to have sold well enough to encourage Lego to produce more larger scale sets - which is why most the Ninjago movie sets we are expected to get are apparently on the larger scale.

As for whether we'll get the city, i can see why they would do it as we've had a previous 'Battle for Ninjago City' and people who buy the sets may want to get a city to replicate a particular scene or battle - but i'm not going to hold out hope for it. Personally will be happy with the mech's as long as they are good.

8 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

If we were to get a Ninjago City. Would it be like the City of Stixx or Modular?

Allen, writer of the Brick Fan, "feels confident" that it's modular and it's coming.

Edited by legozebra

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

When??

I was referring to the Wayne Manor in the Classic Batcave, we get an entire segment of the manor and an interior - we also get the batcave. Buy four of these and you'd effectively have the manor via the exterior and the batcave on the interior.
e2gemrhqgxs35mqk0m2q.jpg

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Allen, writer of the Brick Fan, "feels confident" that it's modular and it's coming.

If it is modular... what would it even be? I mean, the city is fairly bland and nothing really screams 'Ninja' other than one or two buildings?

Edited by Scarilian

12 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

...promised.

Excuse me. I meant, "promised by credible sources."

I'm really holding out hope.

Both Wayne Manor and Ninjago City.

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I was referring to the Wayne Manor in the Classic Batcave, we get an entire segment of the manor and an interior - we also get the batcave. Buy four of these and you'd effectively have the manor via the exterior and the batcave on the interior.

Oh, okay. I expect that if they do indeed make the modular Ninjago City, the building/buildings would have at least some significance to the plot.

My 4 year old son dived into Ninjago quite a bit (and so did I :wink:). Our first major set purchase (not counting some poly-bags, mini Cole's dragon and minifigs inherited from the family) was the Dragon's Forge. Just before the weekend I bought second hand Fire Temple and I was really surprised how my son reacted to it. Fire/water dragon is nice, he plays with it and so on but no thrill to be honest. I was kind of expecting a similar reaction to the Fire dragon from 2011 but he was simply amazed when he saw it - love from the first sight :sweet: Even the temple itself is more appealing to him than the forge.  

Perhaps my conclusion is rushed but it seems to me that older sets (2011, 2012) are more kids appealing. What is your experience here?

BTW, his next wish is to get the Earth dragon (2011) which he spotted in the instruction booklet  :look: 

5 hours ago, FunkyMonk said:

My 4 year old son dived into Ninjago quite a bit (and so did I :wink:). Our first major set purchase (not counting some poly-bags, mini Cole's dragon and minifigs inherited from the family) was the Dragon's Forge. Just before the weekend I bought second hand Fire Temple and I was really surprised how my son reacted to it. Fire/water dragon is nice, he plays with it and so on but no thrill to be honest. I was kind of expecting a similar reaction to the Fire dragon from 2011 but he was simply amazed when he saw it - love from the first sight :sweet: Even the temple itself is more appealing to him than the forge.  

Perhaps my conclusion is rushed but it seems to me that older sets (2011, 2012) are more kids appealing. What is your experience here?

BTW, his next wish is to get the Earth dragon (2011) which he spotted in the instruction booklet  :look: 

You're not wrong. The first two seasons were ninjagos best. Simply put, they've not been able to live up to that standard since. In part I'd put it down to he great colour pallete. In recent year the choice of colour in the sets has been really drab (except maybe skybound and tournament of elements)

Edited by LegoShroom

9 hours ago, FunkyMonk said:

I like to think there are 2 styles with Ninjago. The bright and vibrant sets, or the more realistic and darker colored look. I'd guess the first style would catch a kid's eye faster than the second. The more dull (yet thematically fitting) palette would probably be found more appealing by older people (i'd say at the point where you'd consider how a set's build is designed over it's appearance (if that makes sense))..

10 hours ago, FunkyMonk said:

Definitely look into Bricklinking the parts for this one and then building it yourself (with instructions from LEGO's website). That's the only way I was able to get both the Earth Dragon and the Lightning Dragon for even remotely close to MSRP.

7 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

You're not wrong. The first two seasons were ninjagos best. Simply put, they've not been able to live up to that standard since. In part I'd put it down to he great colour pallete. In recent year the choice of colour in the sets has been really drab (except maybe skybound and tournament of elements)

2 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I like to think there are 2 styles with Ninjago. The bright and vibrant sets, or the more realistic and darker colored look. I'd guess the first style would catch a kid's eye faster than the second. The more dull (yet thematically fitting) palette would probably be found more appealing by older people (i'd say at the point where you'd consider how a set's build is designed over it's appearance (if that makes sense))..

Thank you for your feedback. This was my initial impression too. It seems that there is a trend for more realistic (and yet talking snakes and dragons ... :wink:) look in the sets over years. Is it intentional that Lego is targeting an older audience more than a younger one with its Ninjago theme? If so, when did this change become apparent? 

I must say the Fire Temple is a fantastic compromise between vivid colours of the dragon and more dulled aesthetics of the temple. Not to mention that the build of it was very rewarding. Are there more sets like this in Ninjago theme?

2 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

Definitely look into Bricklinking the parts for this one and then building it yourself (with instructions from LEGO's website). That's the only way I was able to get both the Earth Dragon and the Lightning Dragon for even remotely close to MSRP.

Thank you for the tip. Fortunately, second hand Lego on Danish market are very reasonably priced :classic: