Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

There will be 20 minifigures in the Ninjago Movie CMF series

Zusammengebaut23.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Really not liking the costumes that the ninja have in the movie,they just look so plain.But looking at the sword that Lloyd has I guess we should expect alot of new moulds.

2 hours ago, makoy said:

It seems that the ninja head wrap will be different. I also like that black is more predominant in the colour scheme.

Yeah. The new one seems like it doesn't hang down as low on the face, probably in part so that the characters have a wider range of natural head movement in the psudo-stop-motion style of the movies. The use of black as a dominant color is neat (like it was for the Possession figures).

Isn't every ninja going to have entirely  different suits ? We've seen blurred pics of Kai, Nya , Cole in December and they all had different costumes. And now Lloyd has different one as well( I don't really like his costume). 

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

There will be 11 sets for the Summer. 

Where'd you hear this from?

Never boughten any Ninjago sets before and I'm not going to start now. But I think I will grab the whole set of CMF's though and make it a LEGO Movie tradition. 

Edited by Ashnflash

I prefer the ninja costumes with less black and more of the character's signature color.

I will be eager to buy a bunch of Ninjago CMF, but I hope they are not too crazy looking. I prefer variants of the main characters rather than obscure unfamiliar characters.

Any chance the Ninjago summer wave is going to be displayed at the Nuremberg Toy Fair?

Edited by tom20arc

Lloyd's figure doesn't exactly grab my attention but its not half bad. That Garmadon on the other hand looks really good. It also looks like he uses a new mold on top of his main body.

Bought The City of Stiix on Lego shop @ home for €54,99 (50% off :-D) This was on the dutch lego shop @ home, so I dont know about other countries

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Isn't every ninja going to have entirely  different suits ? We've seen blurred pics of Kai, Nya , Cole in December and they all had different costumes. And now Lloyd has different one as well( I don't really like his costume). 

The characters normally get new costumes for each new story arc, and I never expected the movie to be any different. Unless you're referring to having different styles of costume from one another? Even then there have been plenty of diverse sets of costumes (like this year's suits for Hands of Time, which share a few minor similarities but are more or less distinct from one another).

Garmadon is flat out wearing double torsos. It'd be unprofessional to not cover it up, so it's good to know that purple thing is pretty much a confirmed piece. But would it fit a normal minifigure?

I want a set with one of those buildings. A $50-$60 set with just a building. Maybe add a water tower as well. And have a feature where one of the giant characters can detach and fall from the building.

Hands of Time Character Videos were released in the midst of all the toy fair action. Here's a video showing them all :wink:

19 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

Hands of Time Character Videos were released in the midst of all the toy fair action. Here's a video showing them all :wink:

Posted in TV thread, but thanks!

Garmadon looks soooooo good!!! I love it! Plus new sword molds for the ninja!

Also, Lloyd looks pretty good to. I love the simplicity of the design. And it's it just me, or does Lloyd's symbol on his head look like the number 5. I wonder if that was intentional.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
Added content

Garmadon looks so evil. Love it! Lloyd's sword looks really nice, good to see that old one Garmadon is holding too. Just look at that background..

Edited by Boogly22238

I expect at least 1 of the movie sets will be revealed at the NY Toy Fair.

It's about time

They are supposed to be out on late july/early august right?

It's not going to be appealing if all the ninjas are black with the only other color being the torso printing. Part of the appeal to me was the red, blue, white, black, green color scheme.

I will probably buy whatever Ninjago polybags I cross paths with.