Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, considering it called the Zukin outfits "Spellbound suits," but there may be some hints in here...

That may be the incorrect term, but the description for those outfits are actually the most accurate out of all of them.

The entire ToE season was about fear. The only reason the ninja have elemental dragons is because they completely suppressed their feelings of fear and hopelessness.

___

Also, do those suits look a little weird to anyone? It looks... Almost worn out, or put together in a hurry or with a lack of materials they previously had access to.

I mean, look at Zane. His little radar thing is attached by 3 cords. You'd think he'd tuck in a fragile mechanism like that... Come to think of it, how would the show handle that part of Zane's outfit? Would they animate the spinning radar? Or leave it there as a print and pretend it doesn't exist?

And the belts... The belts have cuts or rips in them, like they're at half their breaking point.

Obviously the outfits are like that from the start because of that one leak (unless the show actually wears down the outfits as the season/special goes by), but I still think that's strange.

However, this does not seem to be the case for all the suits, as a few are in good condition, like Lloyd's.

Actually... No. Come to think of it, every outfit has an imperfection somewhere. Except Cole's.

Edited by gamejutzu

Those suits look awesome but until I see them in picture of the actual minifigs, I'll take them as "online content" bonus only unless someone can verify if those armours/costumes are indeed meant for the next wave?

Those suits look awesome but until I see them in picture of the actual minifigs, I'll take them as "online content" bonus only unless someone can verify if those armours/costumes are indeed meant for the next wave?

There are the two leaked Hands of Time images showing these, which is why I'm assuming these are the real deal for 2017...

Holy crap, Jay and Lloyd look like samurais! Definitely the best out of the bunch. Also, this guy seems like he has an important role for the hands of time wave.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ml-V-HV6698/V5vHGZQC_RI/AAAAAAAASaI/AW1S_iSS_c4xRDV8_k7RITtqKdX-gmcGwCLcB/s1600/16%2B-%2B1%25282%2529.jpg

He's also in this picture:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a9/f9/85/a9f9856957f0499d47f6ecdbf3897352.jpg

Where's the first image from?

*oh2* I am really digging the samurai look of Kai, Cole, Lloyd and Jay! The samurai niche has had very little refreshment in the years after the original Ninja theme; two CMFs, three Shredder minifigs, four Samurai X versions, but almost all of these have a lot of red in the colour scheme. Nice to see green, blue and black-brown! :sweet:

The only thing that is missing for me are good samurai helmets, but I understand they still want them to be ninja..

The suits look overall pretty good,even thought I have to say the black arms is the only negative I have.

I will definitely swap them once I get those sets.

@legozebra I totally forgot those screenshots... But it's a bit blurry so I can't really recognise the details until I compare them with the new images. Now I think it's legit. :)

@legozebra I totally forgot those screenshots... But it's a bit blurry so I can't really recognise the details until I compare them with the new images. Now I think it's legit. :)

They are definitely the same and besides, given how detailed these are, they must be in the sets. :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Do we know if the NinjaGo movie is getting a CMF line? Because that would mean there is no 'normal' mini figures next year, LEGO Batman, Disney 2, and NinjaGo.

Disney 2?

CMF Series 17 is coming in May 2017

Edited by Robert8

Do we know if the NinjaGo movie is getting a CMF line? Because that would mean there is no 'normal' mini figures next year, LEGO Batman, Disney 2, and NinjaGo.

The Disney series is probably fake,I asked the source where he got the info and he said from a toy store.Not even a lego store, so that can't be true.

It looks like they will introduce a new longer cloth skirt for Wu in the Ninjago Movie line

Maybe the bath robe (or the bat-robe) we saw in the Lego Batman movie will be a real Lego piece.

The Disney series is probably fake,I asked the source where he got the info and he said from a toy store.Not even a lego store, so that can't be true.

I have read no sources but I really doubt that there won't be a second series of Disney mini figures. Lego would not release NinjaGo minifigure series before not releasing a Disney one. We still need Woody and Lilo and others just to make sense of the first series.

No one said Disney Series 2 won't happen....

But it won't happen next year....

Series 17 is in the 2017 catalog, according to CM4Sci, so it's confirmed

It has been discussed several times in this thread

Edited by Robert8

Wu-Cru Mission 35: Your Vehicle

But you guys seem to have missed something else interesting — there's a level 12 not shown directly on that page! Level 12 has all six ninja in robes like Sensei Wu's from the Temple of Airjitzu (though not like those their future selves wore in "Grave Danger"). I'm curious if these costumes will be appearing in the sets and show, or if they were just created as Wu-Cru rewards.

Did the images for the sensei robes have any descriptions like the other suits? Ex: As how the "Fusion" suits talked of destiny and time.

Edited by MasterofElements

Did the images for the sensei robes have any descriptions like the other suits? Ex: As how the "Fusion" suits talked of destiny and time.

I found the sensei robes by editing the URL of the images themselves (i.e. going to the image of the level 11 robes and changing every "11" in the URL to "12"), so if there were any descriptions connected with them I wasn't able to see them.

I found the sensei robes by editing the URL of the images themselves (i.e. going to the image of the level 11 robes and changing every "11" in the URL to "12"), so if there were any descriptions connected with them I wasn't able to see them.

It must be the "mastery" or "all missions complete" sort of thing. Maybe they're saving that for when Wu-CRU ends.

Nice work, Aanchir. I love all those images, they even made old versions of suits for Nya and Lloyd! They skipped the Skybound outfits though

New ninja suits look nice, but Lego has been using black color for their suits far too much recently (I still like how suits look), but return to their traditional color schemes would have been appreciated. I like that Lloyds robes look like mix between samurai and sensei, Zanes shows his power core and Kai's looks just perfect. I still like Airjitsu gee and Deepstone armor versions better, but after dissapointing Throwback outfits these Fusion suits are step in a right direction!

Edited by benderisgreat

Nice work, Aanchir. I love all those images, they even made old versions of suits for Nya and Lloyd! They skipped the Skybound outfits though

Yep, they also didn't include the Stone Armor, Tournament outfits, or the new throwback outfits. Kind of disappointing for me given how great it would have been to have similar graphics of those, but I understand they probably based the number of Wu-Cru graphics they created on the number of levels they intended to have and not the other way around.

No one said Disney Series 2 won't happen....

But it won't happen next year....

Series 17 is in the 2017 catalog, according to CM4Sci, so it's confirmed

It has been discussed several times in this thread

I was actually more saying is NinjaGo movie series confirmed?

Yep, they also didn't include the Stone Armor, Tournament outfits, or the new throwback outfits. Kind of disappointing for me given how great it would have been to have similar graphics of those, but I understand they probably based the number of Wu-Cru graphics they created on the number of levels they intended to have and not the other way around.

Noticed that none of the suits showing hair were included (Rebooted had the wrong hood) and they seemed to have no knowledge of book-exclusive minifigures, except for Lloyd Elemental, and arguably that was just a reskin and not meant to be based off the book version (Even though they're the same anyway).

I was actually more saying is NinjaGo movie series confirmed?

According to just2good, yes.

In principle I've to admit that I really dislike the theme. But in the beginning of the it I bought the small arch practice set. And last year's Temple set was simply to amazing to be able to not buying it!

To cut a long story short: I've got no big idea of all that Ninjago stuff and therefore only can confirm following for 2017:

One set which awakened my interest was the Dragon Blacksmith Shop:

- Ninjago-style, unrealistic, futuristic and colorful dragon

- but an imo amazing looking, really big blacksmith shop with one floor with wide roof and doube chimney

- open entrance in the middle and on the left as on the right side a very huge round window hole to look inside

- building looked like hold in framework

There will be of course some other sets with different vehicles, in one that Sensei Wu is a some sort of prison. The enemies are black-red.

Klaus-Dieter