Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

I'm surprised to see there will be a winter wave

I thought LEGO would give a break to the Ninjago fans before the movie wave + CMF line + D2C set (?)

By the way, do we know if there will be a D2C for the Ninjago Movie line?

Edited by Robert8

I'm surprised to see there will be a winter wave

I thought LEGO would give a break to the Ninjago fans before the movie wave + CMF line + D2C set (?)

By the way, do we know if there will be a D2C for the Ninjago Movie line?

I don't know what advantage (if any) there would be to "giving fans a break". The last time Ninjago went without sets for a full wave (Summer 2013), it resulted in fewer sales when the theme did return, and it took time to build interest back up to where it had been prior to the theme's near-cancellation. I doubt Lego is looking to repeat that with a high-profile movie on the way.

A ninjago CMF is the only series I would attempt to get all of. Though I imagine it would be movie based I would love to get all the elemental masters. Ooooh

Great idea, but I just checked his Twitter again and he stated it is "sort of" Kai's dragon... Maybe a mix between Kai and his father, making a... super... fire... dragon...?

Well I imagine the word "wrought" would come into play either way, unless the name changed.

I guess you could say it's a fusion of 2 out of the 3 blacksmiths, so it could have a molten look to it. And maybe some metal.

Edited by gamejutzu

Quick Speculation- from the looks of the Lego movie and Lego Batman movie lines, my guesses are these:

-Some small-med. sets. Likely has multiple obscure tv show minifigs much like the rumored Batman line's sets.

-One large vehicular set- likely the equivalent of Benny's classic spaceship, with some Asian campiness (no idea if I'm using campiness right; it just means overexaggeration of a certain genre?) involved.

-Major vehicles- return of the OG golden weapon vehicles? Not likely, but a possible idea.

-Some $60-$70 villain lair of sorts.

-Giant D2C Monastery: with the Bounty and the X-Cave already existing (and also still on shelves, although the Bounty is soon to go), it's more likely the monastery be made a D2C over the other two.

Of course, these are just guesses. If someone could possibly reinforce or disprove these, that'd be great.

Quick Speculation- from the looks of the Lego movie and Lego Batman movie lines, my guesses are these:

-Some small-med. sets. Likely has multiple obscure tv show minifigs much like the rumored Batman line's sets.

-One large vehicular set- likely the equivalent of Benny's classic spaceship, with some Asian campiness (no idea if I'm using campiness right; it just means overexaggeration of a certain genre?) involved.

-Major vehicles- return of the OG golden weapon vehicles? Not likely, but a possible idea.

-Some $60-$70 villain lair of sorts.

-Giant D2C Monastery: with the Bounty and the X-Cave already existing (and also still on shelves, although the Bounty is soon to go), it's more likely the monastery be made a D2C over the other two.

Of course, these are just guesses. If someone could possibly reinforce or disprove these, that'd be great.

Good ideas, but the movie is in a separate canon than the TV show. So as much as I want obscure TV minifigures, it won't happen. :(

I really hope we get a giant sand green tank, with a bunch of Asian military looks to it. Like dark red, dark brown, tassels, flags, etc.

But the only vehicle like that is the Turbomobile, and that looks like a distribution-type vehicle.

Quick Speculation- from the looks of the Lego movie and Lego Batman movie lines, my guesses are these:.

Well as cliche as it is I think that the movie is set in a high school so perhaps thats what some of the sets will be based off of that then.

Also I don't think thats what campiness means I think it means self-parodying etc.

Well as cliche as it is I think that the movie is set in a high school so perhaps thats what some of the sets will be based off of that then.

Also I don't think thats what campiness means I think it means self-parodying etc.

I can really only see one or two "normal" locations being sets. Maybe a school, and maybe a highway chase or city run or something like that. It would be pretty boring to see several house or city areas. I imagine there will be a few fantasy locations.

Edited by gamejutzu

NinjaJayNuva has shared some photos of the ninja's suits that appear to be the ones from The Hands of Time, I absolutely love the variety of designs throughout the suits and how each one is unique. Loving Zane's suit the most!

Man, these suits are good! They seem to match up with the leaked screenshots and I'm loving them even more. Where did NinjaJayNuva find these?

Edit: They're from the Wu-Cru section of Ninjago.com.

Nya and Lloyd are there too.

Edited by legozebra

I was just gonna post that XD

But MAN, those suits look WICKED! SO much better than the DOTD outfits!

I had my doubts when I saw that prototype leak, especially Jay's. Now I realize how wrong I was!

Cole's suit is by far the best, they took Skylor's waist armor to the next level XD, but THAT ROPE PRINT! it's such a cool print! It goes all the way to the legs! AND he has double leg printing, I NEED that figure :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

I LOVE how LEGO stuck to the simple design choice of Cole using the original ropes since 2014, and now look how far it's come, it's a distinguishing feature now.

Next preferred to me is Jay's, as that giant circle in the leaks makes sense now, it's a giant chestplate. And it looks really ancient and unique. I like how the chestplate sort of continues down to the legs as well. And I really like his belt print too.

Hopefully they come in the same set, but Cole is definitely a priority.

I hate to say this, but for the main character of this season, it looks like Kai has the least interesting suit in this line up... On the bright side, Nya, the other main character, has an amazing suit despite sharing some similarities.

*EDIT* I change my mind, Nya's suit takes priority over Jay... It's so layered with it's leg print, the details on that...

*EDIT EDIT* Lloyd takes priority over Jay XD that outfit looks very similar to Erraday's rendition of him.

Edited by gamejutzu

They really need to lay back on all the black. :tongue:

Really? I actually love the black! Makes them look more like ninjas and less like Power Rangers :tongue:

There's also an interesting tidbit - These suits may be called "Fusion suits," and there's a small blurb about them: "

Control more than time…control your destiny. Fuse your training, friendship and wisdom to achieve the Fusion Level!"

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, considering it called the Zukin outfits "Spellbound suits," but there may be some hints in here...

Edited by legozebra

Holy crap, Jay and Lloyd look like samurais! Definitely the best out of the bunch. Also, this guy seems like he has an important role for the hands of time wave.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ml-V-HV6698/V5vHGZQC_RI/AAAAAAAASaI/AW1S_iSS_c4xRDV8_k7RITtqKdX-gmcGwCLcB/s1600/16%2B-%2B1%25282%2529.jpg

He's also in this picture:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a9/f9/85/a9f9856957f0499d47f6ecdbf3897352.jpg

New beard!

Is that the Dr Who hairpiece?

-----

¡Ese poster está en español!

Spanish b*tches! XD

Edited by Robert8

Where are these from again?

Wu-Cru Mission 35: Your Vehicle

But you guys seem to have missed something else interesting — there's a level 12 not shown directly on that page! Level 12 has all six ninja in robes like Sensei Wu's from the Temple of Airjitzu (though not like those their future selves wore in "Grave Danger"). I'm curious if these costumes will be appearing in the sets and show, or if they were just created as Wu-Cru rewards.

The earlier levels 1 (Training), 2 (DX), 3 (Kendo), 4 (ZX), 5 (NRG), 6 (Elemental), 7 (Techno), and 8 (Jungle) also feature Lloyd and Nya in some costumes we haven't seen them in before, though some of these are just variations of costumes we have seen (like Nya's 2012 and 2014 samurai costumes or Skylor's Jungle costume). It's kind of a shame none of the levels use the Tournament robes, since it'd be neat to see what they'd come up with for Nya. None of the levels use the Skybound robes either, but we've seen all six ninja in those.

Strangely, the level 2 and 3 versions of Lloyd here vary from those that appear in sets — Lloyd Level 2 has the thinner dragon head instead of the bulkier Golden Dragon head that appears on the Lloyd DX minifigure, and Lloyd Level 3 resembles a combination of Kai ZX's costume and Stone Armor Lloyd's costume, rather than Lloyd's own ZX costume from the 2012 sets.

Edited by Aanchir