Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

I see what you mean...

Chen was the only one without new prints, so if these two are in sets, they probably won't have new prints either...

Morro might not have new prints (being a more recent fig like Chen), but if Samukai were to appear in a set I would think he'd be more likely to have new prints. The other Skulkin in the Day of the Departed sets do, after all, and since the parts for Samukai have similarly been long out of production they might as well mix things up with a new design.

That said, the long absence of Samukai's unique head and shoulder pieces is just as much reason not to expect him—it's unclear whether Lego would revive the use of such an old part for use in a single set.

I wonder how the new outfits will look.

Also does anyone remember when we got last year the sets pictures??

Was it October??

Edited by LOTR34

Was it October??

We got drawings of sets in mid October, and sd quality pictures in early November if I remember correctly.

Was it October??

I have CM4Sci's Misfortune's Keep sketch saved on my phone on September 23rd, and set images on October 24tg. Bionicle leaks (images from the catalogue) were as early as September 19, as well as Nexo Knights, so there's a chance.

Speaking of leaks, I was given the retailer's catalogue for this year's summer sets today... Found it really interesting seeing all those prototypes...

Oh yea I remember CM4Sci's sketches.As for the pictures I'd say it's a safe bet for october.And speaking of the retailer catalogue does anyone know if the catalogue of the first half of 2017 has been released??

Cant' wait for someone to take pictures of it and leak 'em online :grin:

Edited by LOTR34

Hm, the museum is more complex than it needs to be, each season has it's own character variations and descriptions, as well as weapons, vehicles and locations, which are in their TV show appearance.

I also find it interesting that Saunders is holding an original piece/sticker but Soto has a regular pirate torso. Granted i'll still take that torso (I never got that many CMFs), but I wonder if Soto's real outfit could be made digitally like the sticker Saunders is holding.

it seems like only the Nindroids weren't around during the time Kai and Nya's parents were alive.

Come to think of it, the pirates, like Soto and Nadakhan, died before the time period Nya and Kai's parents are from. Unless their parents are 200+ years old...

Edited by gamejutzu

Hm, the museum is more complex than it needs to be, each season has it's own character variations and descriptions, as well as weapons, vehicles and locations, which are in their TV show appearance.

I also find it interesting that Saunders is holding an original piece/sticker but Soto has a regular pirate torso. Granted i'll still take that torso (I never got that many CMFs), but I wonder if Soto's real outfit could be made digitally like the sticker Saunders is holding.

Come to think of it, the pirates, like Soto and Nadakhan, died before the time period Nya and Kai's parents are from. Unless their parents are 200+ years old...

I was only talking about the villains released in the Day of the Departed sets, not other villains.

I was only talking about the villains released in the Day of the Departed sets, not other villains.

Right, right. There's a lot to talk about with this. Oh well, this is a topic for sets anyway.

You said something about a catalog for the summer wave. When could early catalogs become available for the next (winter?) wave? I remember someone getting a catalog of the prototype sets a monh or so before we go pictures.

This may be semi off-topic, but I'm currently visiting Rome and a local toy store just gave me the retailer's catalogue for Summer sets because the one for next year is coming September 1. Just an FYI - around the beginning of September is when were will probably start to see leaks. Unfortunately, I'm not staying until then (he was willing to let me phototgraph each page as I'm so fascinated by the design process of sets, even already released ones) and mentioned he'd do the same for next year's catalogue if I was still in the area, which I won't be. However, leaks will probably start appearing then.

Right, right. There's a lot to talk about with this. Oh well, this is a topic for sets anyway.

You said something about a catalog for the summer wave. When could early catalogs become available for the next (winter?) wave? I remember someone getting a catalog of the prototype sets a monh or so before we go pictures.

Edit : just realized this answers your question...

Edited by legozebra

This may be semi off-topic, but I'm currently visiting Rome and a local toy store just gave me the retailer's catalogue for Winter sets because the one for next year is coming September 1. Just an FYI - around the beginning of September is when were will probably start to see leaks. Unfortunately, I'm not staying until then (he was willing to let me phototgraph each page as I'm so fascinated by the design process of sets, even already released ones) and mentioned he'd do the same for next year's catalogue if I was still in the area, which I won't be. However, leaks will probably start appearing then.

You worded that a little weird. Were you fascinated by Ninjago's winter sets? By the way you typed it, it looks like you've seen and photographed the Ninjago sets coming in winter...

But then again I've never actually seen a Lego catalogue, retailer or regular, so I hope I can get a pass if this question comes off a little redundant.

Edited by gamejutzu

You worded that a little weird. Were you fascinated by Ninjago's winter sets? By the way you typed it, it looks like you've seen and photographed the Ninjago sets coming in winter...

But then again I've never actually seen a Lego catalogue, retailer or regular, so I hope I can get a pass if this question comes off a little redundant.

Did I say winter? Sorry, I meant summer... I typed that late at night, apologies.

Did I say winter? Sorry, I meant summer... I typed that late at night, apologies.

Oh, haha, for a second there... :tongue:

Since Tommy Andreason, the Co-creator of Ninjago joined Twitter, we've been getting a lot of news and confirmation on the future of Ninjago. And there are two notable news / confirmation is that he confirmed there will be more seasons after HoT and " Dragon Wrought " will be Kai's dragon.

Since Tommy Andreason, the Co-creator of Ninjago joined Twitter, we've been getting a lot of news and confirmation on the future of Ninjago. And there are two notable news / confirmation is that he confirmed there will be more seasons after HoT and " Dragon Wrought " will be Kai's dragon.

Somethin' tells me he wouldn't even be able to acknowledge the list's existence, they wouldn't be allowed to comment on it, right?

Somethin' tells me he wouldn't even be able to acknowledge the list's existence, they wouldn't be allowed to comment on it, right?

All he said was "It's complicated."

He also said we will be seeing another dragon fusion in HoT but "much cooler." This may be what he's referring to - a combination dragon like Nya and Jay's, but this time between Kai and perhaps Nya...

All he said was "It's complicated."

He also said we will be seeing another dragon fusion in HoT but "much cooler." This may be what he's referring to - a combination dragon like Nya and Jay's, but this time between Kai and perhaps Nya...

Or possibly (if some of the rumors about Hands of Time involving time travel are true) between Kai and Nya's parents

Or possibly (if some of the rumors about Hands of Time involving time travel are true) between Kai and Nya's parents

What are the rumors? We already know it will involve Kai and Nya's parents anyway.

Dragon wrought would be a steam dragon if it was a fire+water fusion, besides, the guy said it would be Kai's dragon specifically. This makes me think it will be an armored Flame even more. After all, he said it would be cooler.

Edited by gamejutzu

What are the rumors? We already know it will involve Kai and Nya's parents anyway.

Dragon wrought would be a steam dragon if it was a fire+water fusion, besides, the guy said it would be Kai's dragon specifically. This makes me think it will be an armored Flame even more. After all, he said it would be cooler.

Really there's not much more to the rumors than what I've said: that it might involve time travel.

The main thing we know for sure is that Kai and Nya are the main characters for that story arc, and the story will involve them learning more about their parents, including some of the "secrets" Master Chen bribed Kai with in Season Four. Between that and the title, there's been some speculation it might involve time travel.

Great idea, but I just checked his Twitter again and he stated it is "sort of" Kai's dragon... Maybe a mix between Kai and his father, making a... super... fire... dragon...?