Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Black and red samurai:

https://pbs.twimg.co...qQ_WYAEWiNy.jpg

:P

Oh yeah.. Ronin please!

Wow, how do you think, what "Dragon Wrought" will look like? Will it be a ship or some kind of mech-dragon?

From the keyword "wrought" it could be just metallic/metal-powered/metal-armoured dragon. Not necessary mech type.

Heyo - the villains next year will be black and red samurai and the story takes place in a swamp.

These are the sets, names are not final.

70621 Vermillion Trap - 9.99

70622 Desert Dragster - 19.99

76023 Shadow of the Destiny's Bounty - 29.99

76024 Vermillion Villain - 29.99

76025 Turbomobile of the Samurai 39.99

76026 Disastrous Dusk - 59.99

76027 Dragon Wrought - 79.99

Stay tuned for more!

:classic:

Thanks for the set names/numbers/pricing. I'm pretty sure that some of these set names are going to look a lot different in a few weeks when we get more details. For example, if the story takes place in a swamp then why do we get a "Desert Dragster"? What is a Dragon Wrought? Or Disastrous Dusk for that matter?

Vermilion is actually a color. A shade of reddish orange. That lines up with the info that the samurai villians are red/black. Probably vermilion and black, which would look really good I think.

Vermilion Trap is probably a small landscape set like Jungle Trap or Lava Falls.

Desert Dragster - hopefully not a re-hash of the jungle raider? Or a smaller version of Cole's Rock Raider?

Shadow of the Destiny's Bounty - it couldn't possibly be another ship could it? We've had, what, 3-4 in the last 2 years from various themes including Ninjago? I wonder if this is a "base" type set that takes place in the wreckage of the Bounty that crashed in a swamp? I wonder if the name got messed up bad on this one...?

No idea about the other sets other than I think that 76026 Disastrous Dusk might be a structure based set.

I do hope that the sets have some originality to them as at first glance at the names, there appears to me to be some "re-visiting" of stuff we already have. Having said that though, I realize that there is only so much the designers can do with the theme. I just hope that the set designs continue to evolve in interesting and original ways.

There does appear to be a nice selection of sets at varying price points though, which is always good to see. I think we may get a retailer exclusive that slots in at a price point above 76027.

I hope the Samurai have dual molded black and red arms and legs, but I doubt it. :tongue:

Cole DID have transparent printed arms this wave, so anything is possible

I wonder who the ninja on the boxes will be. (Nya?)

Maybe it will be a mix of Kai and Nya, since they're the main characters of Hands of Time.

Maybe Dragon Wrought could be a dragon built by a blacksmith?? You never know.

I'd rather see a brick built dragon with a similar high quality in tan colours, brown colours & black - instead of a "mechanic" dragon. Wu's dragon & Lloyd's looked more authentic to me than some brick-built ones - now we just need one with "realistic colours". Since Ninjago (unfortunately) won't have too many waves left...

Plus still no decent Kai & Cole dragon. a mix of red colours & a black or brown one from Cole could be epic!

I suspect we could still get Kai's dragon, or maybe Cole's.

It could be a dragon with armor. Maybe made by Kai's dad (who is associated with metals and blacksmithing-the word wrought is also related to metals and stuff).

Flame is still himself at this time period too. Maybe Kai will interact with him? Maybe Dragon Wrought is Flame??

a mix of red colours & a black or brown one from Cole could be epic!

In the show, Kai's dragon is black and dark red. And Cole's dragon is a textury (cracked) brown, neon green, and purple

Edited by gamejutzu

I'd rather see a brick built dragon with a similar high quality in tan colours, brown colours & black - instead of a "mechanic" dragon. Wu's dragon & Lloyd's looked more authentic to me than some brick-built ones - now we just need one with "realistic colours". Since Ninjago (unfortunately) won't have too many waves left...

Plus still no decent Kai & Cole dragon. a mix of red colours & a black or brown one from Cole could be epic!

Why do you say Ninjago won't have many waves yet? It's still massively popular, and the movie will presumably make it even more popular (regardless of it being a new continuity). There will probably be plenty more years with plenty more dragons one way or another.

I also don't really know what "realistic colors" is supposed to mean for a dragon. :P

I might've found the 2017 suits:

I tried searching Youtube for the Season 7 trailer, but I found some images from what the poster claims is Hands of Time, although they were posted two months ago. All of the ninja now have black arms and 2012 shoulder pads. Zane's back to being Titanium with white highlights and Cole is now black, grey and brown. Kai and Nya's parents are also shown, albeit in a painting. The ninja are looking at a painting which might contain next year's villains, but I'm not sure.

Can someone who's seen the official set pictures confirm?

EDIT: See the next two posts.

Edited by Master_Data

I might've found the 2017 suits:

I tried searching Youtube for the Season 7 trailer, but I found some images from what the poster claims is Hands of Time, although they were posted two months ago. All of the ninja now have black arms and 2012 shoulder pads. Zane's back to being Titanium with white highlights and Cole is now black, grey and brown. Kai and Nya's parents are also shown, albeit in a painting. The ninja are looking at a painting which might contain next year's villains, but I'm not sure.

Can someone who's seen the official set pictures confirm?

by your description it seems that image had been posted in the 2016 thread already...

by your description it seems that image had been posted in the 2016 thread already...

Oh, thanks! Didn't see it before as as every Youtube video featuring these pictures was removed and it took a little bit of time to find this one. If you want a sneak peek, they're back on Youtube!

I suspect we could still get Kai's dragon, or maybe Cole's.

It could be a dragon with armor. Maybe made by Kai's dad (who is associated with metals and blacksmithing-the word wrought is also related to metals and stuff).

Flame is still himself at this time period too. Maybe Kai will interact with him? Maybe Dragon Wrought is Flame??

In the show, Kai's dragon is black and dark red. And Cole's dragon is a textury (cracked) brown, neon green, and purple

..weeell in the show the dragons have a completely different look ;)

They all look very similar to each other & not very organic. I enjoy the designs of the Lego dragons much more.

btw: Forgot: Nya's dragon is also to be made.

..weeell in the show the dragons have a completely different look ;)

They all look very similar to each other & not very organic. I enjoy the designs of the Lego dragons much more.

So? They can still do it.

They can brick-build the 2011 dragon headpiece, that way there's variety instead of just those 2 pieces. Maybe they can even incorporate a shooter into the build.

I doubt dragon wrought is Nya's dragon, it's probably something to do with metals, which is why I think the dragon will either be Flame or Kai's dad's elemental dragon.

Or it is Karlof's Elemental Dragon, who knows?

It just occured to me that the set list does not give away a single name, unlike most previous years. I hope Turbomobile of the Samurai is the bad guy vehicle, as Nya already has many vehicles and I *kinda* want a samurai that is not Samurai X.

It's tough to figure out sets based on names that are likely:

- given to the sets whilst in the preliminary or prototype phase

- in a foreign language and Google-translated

I think that sets 70623, 70624, 70626 and 70627 are likely to end up with very different names that what is presently shown and at that point, we can probably better guess as to what the sets contain. But it's still fun to speculate, no? :laugh:

Now that I have read the lists over a few times, I think that 70625 is probably a Samurai X vehicle although I agree with Exetrius that I would like for that not to be so. I guess it depends on how many of the other sets are villian focused.

I think that 70627 could be some kind of "Forge Dragon" with a metallic look and perhaps armored up pieces on it. Maybe something more mechanical in nature. I'm envisioning somewhat of a updated take on the Nindroid Mechdragon but perhaps bipedal with the cockpit in the dragon's chest.

I think that last year we got an updated list of names within a couple of weeks of the initial leaks so we should have a better idea of things soon.

We know that the all sets are based on hands of time?

Maybe two are day of departed,I would like sand dragster to be based on day of departed and include Morro.

Edited by LegoRomania

We know that the all sets are based hands of time?

Maybe two are day of departed,I would like sand dragster to be based on day of departed and include Morro.

And Samukai. I can't wait to see what they do new with him.

Shadow of the Destiny's Bounty can also be a DoTD set, and it could have Morro there too.

We know that the all sets are based hands of time?

That's a good point! I'm not sure though, it would make for a great surprise.

Maybe two are day of departed

Why specifically two? I'm not the only one who wants a Samukai minifig??

Also, really guys. Isn't it odd that the two characters we haven't seen in Day of The Departed, are characters who were alive during the time period Hands of Time takes place?

Maybe we won't be seeing them in DoTD, but instead Hands of Time? I don't know, but I do think the coincidence is funny.

Why specifically two? I'm not the only one who wants a Samukai minifig??

Also, really guys. Isn't it odd that the two characters we haven't seen in Day of The Departed, are characters who were alive during the time period Hands of Time takes place?

Maybe we won't be seeing them in DoTD, but instead Hands of Time? I don't know, but I do think the coincidence is funny.

Well, Chen was alive too, and the Serpentine and Pythor were around, not to mention the Stone Army locked up. In fact, it seems like only the Nindroids weren't around during the time Kai and Nya's parents were alive. Secondly, we don't even know if it's set in their time. It's highly likely, but not confirmed at all.

Another Samukai would be nice, as well as Morro, but I have several copies of both so I'm not too concerned.

Well, Chen was alive too, and the Serpentine and Pythor were around, not to mention the Stone Army locked up. In fact, it seems like only the Nindroids weren't around during the time Kai and Nya's parents were alive. Secondly, we don't even know if it's set in their time. It's highly likely, but not confirmed at all.

Well yeah but what I was trying to say was that Morro and Samukai are the only villains we haven't seen in the summer sets, and both were alive in Wu's time period. Chen was also present but he's in a set already.

Another Samukai would be nice, as well as Morro, but I have several copies of both so I'm not too concerned.

All of the characters brought back in DoTD have new prints, right? So I guess Samukai and Morro would get variations of themselves as well.

But in the picture with all the villains they're both plain. Maybe they won't even be featured in sets at all?

Well yeah but what I was trying to say was that Morro and Samukai are the only villains we haven't seen in the summer sets, and both were alive in Wu's time period. Chen was also present but he's in a set already.

All of the characters brought back in DoTD have new prints, right? So I guess Samukai and Morro would get variations of themselves as well.

But in the picture with all the villains they're both plain. Maybe they won't even be featured in sets at all?

I see what you mean...

Chen was the only one without new prints, so if these two are in sets, they probably won't have new prints either...