Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

sounds interesting. especially liking the sound of that bike. Equila's one had a very Dredd feel.

These vehicle's sound interesting, though I am disappointed we are not getting any location based sets. Hopefully we will get some from the summer wave.

The transforming bike and the fighter jet sound really cool... but a $35-ish ANYTHING that resembles a Star Destroyer crossed with Phoenix Home has the potential to be terrible. Could be awesome... but it might not... anyway, glad that they're cutting down on blue everything. That should make them stand out more.

So the vehicles next year won't all be blue? They are switching over to the primary color of the knight driving?

The transforming bike and the fighter jet sound really cool... but a $35-ish ANYTHING that resembles a Star Destroyer crossed with Phoenix Home has the potential to be terrible. Could be awesome... but it might not... anyway, glad that they're cutting down on blue everything. That should make them stand out more.

Amazingbricks mentioned in his post that the Lance and Clay's vehicles feature their colors. I took that to mean that they are the same base color scheme of medium/dark blue and trans red-orange but with the knight's colors added to identify the vehicle as theirs. So, silver and white for Lance.

Also, amazingbricks' post does not mention a transforming feature for the bike set (that was a mentioned feature of the LoC set that his source said it resembled).

Lance's Cruiser is a $19.99 set not a $35 set, so it will likely be about a 200 piece build.

Perhaps amazingbricks can clarify if he is able to. Hopefully, he has asked his source for additional details!! :grin:

Amazingbricks mentioned in his post that the Lance and Clay's vehicles feature their colors. I took that to mean that they are the same base color scheme of medium/dark blue and trans red-orange but with the knight's colors added to identify the vehicle as theirs. So, silver and white for Lance.

Also, amazingbricks' post does not mention a transforming feature for the bike set (that was a mentioned feature of the LoC set that his source said it resembled).

Lance's Cruiser is a $19.99 set not a $35 set, so it will likely be about a 200 piece build.

Perhaps amazingbricks can clarify if he is able to. Hopefully, he has asked his source for additional details!! :grin:

I'm certain the vehicles have gray and blue on them, but with the knights color on the vehicle as well.

I'm not sure about the transformation for the bike, it just looked like the eglor bike.

I just really hope they will stay on Weapon stylised vechicles. I like this idea so much.

Personally I like the variety we've gotten with vehicles stylized after either the knights' weapons or their animal symbols. With that in mind, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing animal-themed vehicles for characters who haven't gotten them (Aaron, Clay, Axl, and Macy), and weapon-themed vehicles for characters who haven't gotten those (Lance and Axl). Of course, it shouldn't need to be limited to that either—one of my favorite vehicles this year was Axl's Tower Carrier, which isn't based on either a weapon or an animal but rather is a pure fusion of Castle and Space motifs.

Also, if we do get any sort of water-based sets, either in the spring or summer, it's very simple to create boats with shield motifs (including with floating boat hulls).

Also, if we do get any sort of water-based sets, either in the spring or summer, it's very simple to create boats with shield motifs (including with floating boat hulls).

Now that you say that, I have a thought. What if this wave is only average sized because there are going to be three waves next year? Maybe a small wave of Sea sets in the Spring and Plant sets in the Summer? Highly unlikely, but it would be great.

They really need to cut back on the blue. Three years of this much blue will drive me nuts. :laugh:

I'm curious if there will be any changes to the base colors on the new "good guy" vehicles to set them apart from this year's, like how the second year of Atlantis sets used Bright Yellow and Transparent Yellow instead of Bright Yellowish Green and Transparent Bright Green, or how the second year of Power Miners sets used Bright Blue instead of Bright Orange. I wouldn't want the changes to feel too drastic, because the current color scheme looks quite nice, but something as simple as differently colored windscreens could both open up lots more MOCing potential and make the new sets stand out.

Now that you say that, I have a thought. What if this wave is only average sized because there are going to be three waves next year? Maybe a small wave of Sea sets in the Spring and Plant sets in the Summer? Highly unlikely, but it would be great.

Spring or summer would fit well with the sea, and summer or fall would fit well with plants. I think that's an excellent way to release them.

As long as mushlord gets made at some point, I will be content

Yeah, I really want to have him.

Other than Star Wars I don't think that Lego has ever put out a full wave of a theme in the fall, maybe Nexo Knights could break the mold. I mean, it's not like this theme was ever in a mold in the first place. :grin:

EDIT: Duke!

dukeomg.gif

Personally I like the variety we've gotten with vehicles stylized after either the knights' weapons or their animal symbols. With that in mind, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing animal-themed vehicles for characters who haven't gotten them (Aaron, Clay, Axl, and Macy), and weapon-themed vehicles for characters who haven't gotten those (Lance and Axl). Of course, it shouldn't need to be limited to that either—one of my favorite vehicles this year was Axl's Tower Carrier, which isn't based on either a weapon or an animal but rather is a pure fusion of Castle and Space motifs.

Axl's tower looks like an axe (especialy when you move side shooters down) and Lance's Horse is a well thought concept of using lance. But yeah, I would like animal wechicles too! Dragon Helictopter for macy woohoo!

And yeah I also want Mushroom guy - and the Silly Ent.

I would like the nexo knights to get darker outfits.. and then in 2018, they could have black/grey outfits with their colours, like in the game. Not sure how the helmets would look, though. Do the have the same outfits again?

Is it true that the Action sets are small vehicles?

We don't yet but where did you hear that?

Sounds interesting and likely

Maybe the "Action" sets will be like ultimate robo horses

Edited by Robert8