Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The "summer sets may not be released" bit sounds like utter bollocks (they were right there at the toy fair innit), but I wouldn't be surprised if we only got a winter wave next year.

The only reason I could think of for them not to release the next wave would be legal obligations 

It will be too bad the lego company lets down the Nexo Knight ... They were about to create a sort of Universe with their Knights of the future and their elemental ennemies ( i mean something different to Ninjago or Star wAR ). The tv show is not as good as it could be ( i mean the fight are very "quick" : one hit, "pouf" no more ennemies ... but it a young show so it should have time to improve ... ). May be the price of the set were a bit expensive for a non-licenced theme ? I guess the lego company sold better the nexo stuff when they are in sales so ...

Without any obvious primary source, the idea that the summer sets won't even be released seems a bit like a result of the telephone game. The existing rumor that Nexo Knights might be ending this year could easily morph into "ending right away", get published in a magazine, and suddenly everyone is mourning/celebrating the theme's end without any sort of confirmation. It's not impossible, but when a rumor like this appears without any sort of provably reliable source, and the fairly large summer wave already been shown off at Toy Fair, it'll take a little more to convince me that this isn't just a massive misinterpretation.

Well the same thing happended with Ultra Agents,the theme ran for almost two years and it's last wave (which was a summer wave) didn't even release the sets in some countries.Hopefully the rumors are true because with this cancellation we might finally get a proper castle theme instead of a fantasy/sci-fi hybrid that's Nexo Knights.

I'm sure it would've been a more succesful theme if the Nexo Knights episodes were on morning-kids-tv in more countries. Also, there was a lot of competition from lego's own themes, especially Ninjago, The Batman Movie, and maybe even Dimensions. 

I really hope they will release all the summer sets, most of them looked very cool, a lot better than last winters.

13 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

didn't even release the sets in some countries

This is the part that makes me doubt this rumor. The rumor stated that the summer set releases were cancelled. The case for Ultra Agents doesn't apply here. The statement that not one country will get the sets sounds like complete hogwash.

Really seems like the bad news is spiraling out of control with this one. While I think it would be an absolute shame for them to not release the sets they showed off at toy fair two months ago I really hope we still get them. Felt like going into this year could be rough for Nexo Knights would be rough with it having to compete with the Lego Batman Movie and Ninjago movie but it still showed it had some cool sets to offer. The upcoming castle was a surprise but very welcome and it would be a hugely disappointing surprise at this point to not see it released.

I was disappointed with the new bad guy theme of the current Nexo Knights as I wanted more unique monsters. Personally, I'm hoping for a fantasy/classic Castle to come after this. It might interfere with the Elves line but I'm not into the minidolls and prefer minifigures.

Maybe they should have given us new villains each wave. They were the highlights of this theme.

I just hope lego will give us new characters as good as the villains were (or better) in a new action/adventure theme. It would be fun if they give us a retro space theme (like the new cmf guy) with cool aliens and robots. Or a theme with a spooky forest so we still can get that mushroom-baddie.

34 minutes ago, Megagan said:

Really seems like the bad news is spiraling out of control with this one.

Incredibly so. I can't believe that this proof-less rumor is getting as much news as it is is preposterous, and very juvenile of an otherwise respectful Brickset.

For all we know, it's just Blocks pulling a publicity stunt.

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Well brickset is reporting that it will be coming to an end and that they might not even release the Summer sets! *huh* Has this ever happened before? 

Ultra Agents and Chima got something similar.

The Legends of Chima buildable figures for 2014 only released in Europe whereas the entire Summer 2015 wave of Ultra Agents were only released in the US.

Yeah. I could understand only releasing in some countries. I could understand only releasing through some retailers (like with last year's final Bionicle run). But to cancel the release entirely would require the decision to be made well before production was underway—which would mean the sets would have presumably been pulled from the multiple Toy Fairs at which they were shown.

I don't think this is the result of malice on the part of either Brickset or Blocks. I just think Blocks is responsible for either seeing the rumors that Nexo Knights would be ending this year and wildly misinterpreting them, or seeing a permutation of those rumors and failing to do due diligence in verifying where they were coming from. And on Brickset's part, I think they would be better off reserving front-page news for rumors from provably reliable sources (either primary sources like Lego CEE and designers or secondary sources who have made multiple accurate predictions in the past), rather than treating a rumor page in a magazine as gospel.

I for one hope that the rumour isn't true. As someone who became properly invested in Lego through themes such as Atlantis and Ninjago, Nexo Knights also appealed to me and I have enjoyed the sets that I have bought so far. 

I will say that the part of the rumour about the summer wave not being released doesn't seem like it could be true.  After all, if they weren't going to be released, then why would they show up on the shop site where the official images were found?

Even if the theme's run is to be cut short, I would still like to see just one more wave of sets (featuring a Monstrox minifig, of course). 

@Lyichir, I don't think I 'treat[ed] a rumor page in a magazine as gospel.' I just posted what was stated in it and said I could believe it. 

Edited by Huw Millington

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Ultra Agents and Chima got something similar.

The Legends of Chima buildable figures for 2014 only released in Europe whereas the entire Summer 2015 wave of Ultra Agents were only released in the US.

But a whole wave scrapped that we've already seen at toy fair and official pictures of? That's something else.....

I'm ready to beleive the theme will only last 2 years. Straight up removing the summer wave seems silly. 

I've heard NK was not doing as well as expected so the news about the theme ending in 2017 come with no surprise for me. But cancelling the summer wave is something I just can't believe. I mean, that would make it even worse. The sets are suppose to hit the streets in less than 2 months. The first production run is ready. It's just the most unlikely thing ever

The summer wave is in all likelihood not being cancelled, as @Lyichir has already explained. 

What I find disappointing is that we'll never actually get Monstrox, the main villain of the series. All it would take is one exclusive set with him in it, ala Kingdoms Joust, and I would be satisfied. 

With all of this buffoonery surrounding the potential end of the theme and the "cancellation of the summer wave", take note that none of this is confirmed and is all speculation stemming from an unknown and unverified source. For all we know Nexo could be ending with a small wave in 2018, similar to how Ninjago was going to end in 2013 with a small "Final Battle" wave. If Lego even kept Chima alive for a full six waves, why would they cut off Nexo after three?

If Nexo truly ends I hope that Lego will make the right choice and bring both Castle and Space back next year. Purists of both themes have been starving for almost half a decade and even those efforts were lackluster at best. If Lego decides to roll out another uninspired line aimed at 5 y/o's similar to Castle 2013, I don't see myself buying any sets from them next year. Besides, there's plenty of older Castle sets that I don't currently own and I could spend 2018 buying them second hand.

Listen to us, Lego. There are dozens of individual comments on that Brickset article asking you to bring Castle back immediately, and you would be wise to do it. We clearly want some new, innovative designs and you'll only hurt yourselves if you take yet another "break year". 

Well, I do recall the last wave of Ultra Agents not being available in Europe. Who knows if that might be the case again, i'm sure they'll be available in most countries.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

30 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

If Lego even kept Chima alive for a full six waves, why would they cut off Nexo after three?

Maybe they learned their lesson?

I will likely buy at least some part of a Castle theme, even if it is just like 2013, if only to help boost sales.  I actually didn't have a problem with 2013, I bought a good few of those sets.  I loved the Dragon Army in black and red.  The only thing that would have made them better would have been the classic styled heraldry and a darker red.  Nexo Knights Ash Attacker fit pretty well with those soldiers, too.

That last wave of Chima (from 2015) was on the shelves (and still near me) for a while so maybe they're learning from that and cutting off early.

2 minutes ago, just2good said:

That last wave of Chima (from 2015) was on the shelves (and still near me) for a while so maybe they're learning from that and cutting off early.

I still find some of those sets nearby, too.  I think the local LEGO Store has finally unloaded their stock, though.

10 minutes ago, just2good said:

There were actually 15-20 summer 2014 Chima sets on the shelves at my local TRU as late as this January. :laugh: