Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Definitely the defining year. Well, if nexo ends earlier than expected, a new castle theme is expected.

Expected..... after 3 years

According to LEGO, Nexo Knights is a castle theme.

Since castle themes come every 3 years, then the next castle theme is expected to happen 3 years after the final wave of Nexo Knights

So, if Nexo Knights ends in 2019 -as expected- then the next castle theme will come in 2022

Edited by Robert8

On August 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Robert8 said:

Expected..... after 3 years

According to LEGO, Nexo Knights is a castle theme.

Since castle themes come every 3 years, then the next castle theme is expected to happen 3 years after the final wave of Nexo Knights

So, if Nexo Knights ends in 2019 -as expected- then the next castle theme will come in 2022

Hmmm....

KK 2000

KK2 2004-2006

Fantasy Era 2007-2009

Kingdoms 2010-2012

Castle 2013

Nexo Knights 2016-?

Not sure there's really a pattern to it. In the middle portion of the list Castle themes appeared to be pretty successful, and then they tapered off.

Personally I think "Real" Castle could come back as soon as the year after Nexo Knights ends, simply because the target age range will have grown up and Lego would risk losing them by suddenly getting rid of Castle altogether. See KK2 and Castle for further details.

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

I'm hoping for a return to real Castle themes in 2019 at the latest. I'd really like to see something much sooner, since there hasn't really been one since 2013.

Until then, Nexo Knights and Elves will have to continue to offer up good parts to Bricks & Pieces / BrickLink.

Some compared the jelly bean knights to nexo Knights.

KK2 was Jellybeans. NK is Rock Candy.

That would mean a fantasy era theme remake is expected next.

Maybe, but until we have official news I'll remain skeptical.

:wink:

That's actaully an interesting picture. I imagine one of the purple jellybeans on the far right is grape, but what does that make the other one? Eggplant?

Edited by BrickJagger

:wink:

:ugh:

-------------------------------------

Ok..... so, back to topic!

Do you think the rock monsters will replace the lava ones?

Or maybe they will keep both?

Edited by Robert8

Looks like blackcurrant.

Anyway: Can we get on actual topic right? We can all throw out abuse for what we don't like, but that doesn't belong here.

Hmmm....

KK 2000

KK2 2004-2006

Fantasy Era 2007-2009

Kingdoms 2010-2012

Castle 2013

Nexo Knights 2016-?

Not sure there's really a pattern to it. In the middle portion of the list Castle themes appeared to be pretty successful, and then they tapered off.

There's a pretty clear pattern if you look only at when new Castle themes start and not at where they end. In the years you listed there's been a new take on LEGO Castle every three or four years. If that pattern continues, another new take on LEGO Castle would be expected in 2019 or 2020.

I don't think there's a specific pattern as to what KIND of new take on castle we get each time, though. That's probably based more on what sort of Castle theme they think it's the right time for, not on what they've done in the past.

Back on the subject of Nexo Knights, the rumored set names seem very preliminary, but I kind of hope the "action" knights are actual constraction/buildable figure sets. I think those would be a good fit for LEGO Nexo Knights, and it would help fill the void left in Bionicle's absence.

The other set names and descriptions sound very vague and preliminary still. Not much to speculate on there.

I think any lego theme needs at least one full year to be in the spotlight for both kids and (grand)parents buying it. So having a theme lasting (at least) 3 years is the smart thing to do. The way lego invested in this theme, and all other stuff around it, makes me think it's good for more than 3 years. Certainly if the Knights find their way to Dimensions, and the Merlok 2.0 app continues to get updates.

Considering that the presence of constraction Nexo Knights was confirmed by

by one of the Bionicle team ("If we make a new shell, it has to fit in with Nexo Knights, for example."), I think it's safe to say there will be constraction Nexo Knights. As such, I'm making a new topic for it. Hope the moderators approve.

Considering that the presence of constraction Nexo Knights was confirmed by

by one of the Bionicle team ("If we make a new shell, it has to fit in with Nexo Knights, for example."), I think it's safe to say there will be constraction Nexo Knights. As such, I'm making a new topic for it. Hope the moderators approve.

Good catch :wink:

70363 Action Macy

70364 Action Aaron

70365 Action Axl

70366 Action Lance

Pretty happy that this is confirmed now, although I suspected it from the start. What else could "Action" be?

They'll probably be pretty similar to the KK2 construction figs from 2004-2006.

Hopefully we get more details soon regarding the sets.

I will be interested to see the shields and weapons. The second series of KK2 figures fully moulded shields have a few good applications and the weapons integrate well with Mecha MOCs.

The thing I look forward the most from the new wave is the knights new looks.I don't expect new molds but certainly new prints.

Edited by LOTR34

If the "Action" sets are not constraction figures, then I'd guess they are mini-mechs.

Like Mr Freeze seems to be in the Batman Movie line

If the "Action" sets are not constraction figures, then I'd guess they are mini-mechs.

Like Mr Freeze seems to be in the Batman Movie line

That'd be great, or the knights are included with their animals. Macy and her Dragon, lance and his Unicorn, Aaron and his wolf. Kind of like the legend beasts, that were $10.

That'd be great, or the knights are included with their animals. Macy and her Dragon, lance and his Unicorn, Aaron and his wolf. Kind of like the legend beasts, that were $10.

That would make for some quite interesting small sets.