Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

47 minutes ago, Nexo Bricks said:

I haven't seen Lance V Lightning anywhere besides the Legoland Discovery Center. What happened to it?

Its a toysrus exclusive, There are prently for $5 over msrp in my area.

Edited by Clx_45

3 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

Its a toysrus exclusive, There are prently for $5 over msrp in my area.

This means any LEGO Stores (Official or Merlin owned) will not carry them.

You can also get Toys R Us to price match with LEGO's website. Most of the employees don't know that it's an option, and they are more than likely to tell you no, but if you pull it up and show them, they have no choice but to comply.

On 2-8-2017 at 6:22 PM, Nexo Bricks said:

I haven't seen Lance V Lightning anywhere besides the Legoland Discovery Center. What happened to it?

Lance V Lightning? Is that a polybag I haven't heard of?

17 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

-snip-

Oh thaaat set. I really should have remebered that name because that was one of the better sets of NK... :facepalm:

Oh that set was TRU exclusive? It was on sale for 50% on my local TRU and it felt almost rushed to be cleared from shelf because now I don't see it anymore.

3 hours ago, makoy said:

Oh that set was TRU exclusive? It was on sale for 50% on my local TRU and it felt almost rushed to be cleared from shelf because now I don't see it anymore.

Weird. I just saw it at my TRU...marked up.

My two Lord Krakenskull helmets came in the mail today. I'll be attempting to remove the printing on one later today.

I'll update this post with results and hopefully a picture.

Update: Well I managed to remove most of the printing. Doesn't look to bad though I ended up getting some of the printing smeared into the little grooves at the bottom of the helmet. I don't know how to get that off without using something that wouldn't scratch the plastic. (If I ever decide to try this again. I'm going to use something other than nail polish remover.)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/20170809_124714.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/20170809_124638.jpg

Edited by Takanuinuva

Try Brasso or Silver Cream and a toothpick. I used Silver Cream when I took the print of my CMF Vampiress' hair piece.

So I'm guessing that Combo NEXO Powers Wave 2 hasn't hit anywhere They're not on S@H, and I haven't found them anywhere in store.

Was it just assumed that they'd show up with the Summer Wave?

16 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So I'm guessing that Combo NEXO Powers Wave 2 hasn't hit anywhere They're not on S@H, and I haven't found them anywhere in store.

I've got one right in front of me now... but i'm in The Netherlands, not US.

Edited by NotMegalodon

16 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

11 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I've got one right in from of me now... but i'm in The Netherlands, not US.

I can confirm that they were released in Germany, even outside of LEGO stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if Series 2 of the Nexo Power Packs doesn't get released in some regions (like the last wave of Star Wars planets and the last wave of Chima constraction figures didn't get released in North America).  Here in the U.S., some retailers couldn't even sell them for half price.  I watched in amazement last Thursday as a Target employee emptied a nearly full box of Series 1 packs (which were marked 50% off) into the store's "donate" bin.  It was too late for me to save them....  :(

If the tiles weren't printed and the packs were $2 I would have picked up a few, but I've got no use for Nexo Powers and those things are pretty expensive for what you actually get. 

Did anyone really use those things? They look pretty cool as shields, but I never had any interest in playing the game...

27 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

If the tiles weren't printed and the packs were $2 I would have picked up a few, but I've got no use for Nexo Powers and those things are pretty expensive for what you actually get. 

Did anyone really use those things? They look pretty cool as shields, but I never had any interest in playing the game...

I use them as barriers for my Knighton soldiers to stand behind. They're pretty useful in that regard.

1 hour ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Even at $2.00 a pack, they are expensive for what you actually get.  That probably wouldn't matter if the game was popular; but I get the feeling that it wasn't (my son lost interest in it pretty quickly).

I bought a few of these packs for the tri-shield piece (even though I don't have any ideas for how to utilize them yet, it's just a very cool looking piece) and to use some as sorts of emblems for other MOCs, like robots or transformers. Though I have to admit, the latter purpose is kinda tricky, as some of the shield designs are a tad too silly for that.

My son was fond of the scannable shields for a while so he got a few, four wave 1 bags and one wave 2 bag. I think more than four just gives mostly doubles, so luckily i stopped there (and his interest switched to Pokémon trading cards). It's not all lost however, because the tri-shield piece is neat.

As we know, there will be 4 Bricktober boxes

Batman Movie and City are already revealed, and the third is confirmed to be a Ninjago Movie line

I hope the 4th one (theme unknown) will be Nexo Knights and Roberto Arnoldi will be on it

It's like our last chance to get him

Don't want to bump the 2016 thread so I'll put this here: 

Really interesting stuff, it's from NK's early development stage in 2015. Thoughts?