Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Maybe that's how we will get normal Jestro (since that's normal Merlok you're talking about).

16 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I still don't get why Arnoldi didn't show up in the Summer wave. He could have easily been added into the Stone Colossus or Knighton Castle sets. A shame, really.

In LEGO's defense, they did do some killer minifigures for the Summer wave. Knighton Castle would have been an almost perfect place for Arnoldi, as the Stone Army figures in that set are pretty weak. The Stone Army pack would have been a good place, too. Man, was that set a disappointment.

Edited by K_Tiger

9 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

In LEGO's defense, they did do some killer minifigures for the Summer wave. Knighton Castle would have been an almost perfect place for Arnoldi, as the Stone Army figures in that set are pretty weak. The Stone Army pack would have been a good place, too. Man, was that set a disappointment.

Good points. Knighton Castle's villain selection might actually be what keeps me from buying the set. Had it included Krackenskull (and his mount) and a winged Gargoyle instead of the siege tower and Bricksters it would have made the set an instant purchase.

Another gripe I have with the wave is Aaron's Rock Climber, which IMO is not only poorly designed but pretty useless because Aaron already has a vehicle. A better set for the price point would have been a City of Ghoulia set with Arnoldi and another Harpy in it. Overall the summer wave complements the winter wave nicely, but it doesn't hold up very well on its own.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Good points. Knighton Castle's villain selection might actually be what keeps me from buying the set. Had it included Krackenskull (and his mount) and a winged Gargoyle instead of the siege tower and Bricksters it would have made the set an instant purchase.

Another gripe I have with the wave is Aaron's Rock Climber, which IMO is not only poorly designed but pretty useless because Aaron already has a vehicle. A better set for the price point would have been a City of Ghoulia set with Arnoldi and another Harpy in it. Overall the summer wave complements the winter wave nicely, but it doesn't hold up very well on its own.

Well the thing is Aaron's "Stone Destroyer" is an Exclusive and thus a "Non" Canon set like Infernox Captures the Queen or Lance Vs Lightning...
I do agree Arnoldi should have been in Knighton Castle though, especially since it seems its' his statue of Queen Halbert as the Evil Statue.

Lego could still give us Arnoldi, if they made a minifigure 3 pack like they did with Ninjago and TLBM, both got some exclusive minifigs.

10 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Lego could still give us Arnoldi, if they made a minifigure 3 pack like they did with Ninjago and TLBM, both got some exclusive minifigs.

They've already done year 2's three-pack, and Nexo Knights doesn't seem to get named characters in them. Maybe we luck out and he sticks around for Season 3, and we get non-evil Jestro at the same time.

Edited by K_Tiger

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

They've already done year 2's three-pack, and Nexo Knights doesn't seem to get named characters in them. Maybe we luck out and he sticks around for Season 3, and we get non-evil Jestro at the same time.

But those are Troop Builders, they're suppose to not have named Characters...

True, but they didn't see fit to drop a named-character three pack in year one, and I don't see the trend changing. Could it happen? Sure, but I don't think it will.

Arnoldi is just something LEGO does on occasion, a dropped minifigure ball.

On 7/8/2017 at 7:31 AM, Whiteagle said:

Isn't their a brick built Cloud of Monstrox in Jestro's Rolling Headquarters?

I prefer the knockoff version I got from eBay

HoQmIVY.jpg

The August edition will include a piece of artillery, which is fairly well-designed and detailed given the parts limitation in these packs.

53 minutes ago, Killian said:

I prefer the knockoff version I got from eBay

-snip-

:enough: HERESY, TREASON!!! BURN WITH FIRE!!! Truth to be told though, I increasingly often find myself impressed with designs that these impostors come up with, sometimes minifigs and other times even the vehicles/dragons/buildings themselves. Nevertheless, be careful with expressing any affinity towards products like these!

20 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

I do agree Arnoldi should have been in Knighton Castle though, especially since it seems its' his statue of Queen Halbert as the Evil Statue.

It's actually a statue Merlok made with magic of his sister Wanda who is now Ruina. But it could have been Arnoldi's as well!

2 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

I hate Roberto, I don't see the appeal most of you seem to see 

I think the main thing is that he was a pretty major player in season four but didn't appear in any sets, whether you liked him or not.

4 hours ago, Eris The Nexo Knight said:

It's actually a statue Merlok made with magic of his sister Wanda who is now Ruina.

Are we sure on that?

I mean, it LOOKS like the Queen...

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

I think the main thing is that he was a pretty major player in season four but didn't appear in any sets, whether you liked him or not.

True, I haven't watched much of the nexo knights tv show since it's been mostly kinda crap and what I've seen from Roberto is carve and otherwise just kinda be there. 

The Statue in the castle set is of the Queen and is the reason Roberto was fired by the King, because king wanted a "smashing statue" of the Queen and Roberto thought literally, so he made a statue of the Queen smashing villains, the Queen loved it, the King hated it and thats how Roberto got fired.

P.S. the Ruina Statue looked like she does now, only all grey.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

On 28/07/2017 at 7:48 PM, Lordofdragonss said:

Ehh, we all hoped normal Jestro, yeah? :(

Normal Jestro, human Monstrox, Roberto, the Classic Space shield.... why do you not want us to have these things, Lego? Whyyyyy? Even x105Black seems interested in some of these! Why do we keep getting endless Clay variants?

*sob*

The Brickset article says he has a "swappable infected stone face", so it might be possible to at least make Clay look a bit more like he does in Robert8's picture. Still seems a wasted opportunity though.

On 25/07/2017 at 9:03 AM, NotMegalodon said:

Looks like the fig in inside the book, which would mean very small (or strange) pages. Not a big fan...

I didn't care for that at all in the Book of Knights. The description on Amazon does mention space for storing Nexo Powers, so I'm hoping that this'll be more like the Ninjago versions, but with the cardboard section that holds the figure designed to work as storage. I can see that actually being quite useful.

On 25/07/2017 at 11:35 AM, K_Tiger said:

Have to agree. I'd be more likely to buy if they had cooked up a pair of stone Scurriers, though

I'd love to get some of these too! Bricksters just haven't had the same appeal for me.

4 hours ago, Northernstorm said:

I'd love to get some of these too! Bricksters just haven't had the same appeal for me.

Man, even the Chinese bootleggers did the stone Scurriers!

LELE-31035-_Nexus-_Knights-_Future-_Cast

7 hours ago, Northernstorm said:

Even x105Black seems interested in some of these!

Nice one!

:laugh:

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Some of those gold variants look pretty cool, actually.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:59 PM, K_Tiger said:

*snip*

These looks really cool!!! LEGO needs to get there stuff together and go gold!

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
*added

Eh, I'm glad that LEGO doesn't do all gold. It looks a bit bland to me due to the lack of a contrast color.

(Also, I find it somehow really weird to see the Nexo Knight Folks with flesh-toned faces rather than yellow)