Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Just now, mishtron said:

Apologize if I'm just catching up and missed something. Is there any substantial evidence of Nexo Knights being cancelled early, let alone being a poorly performing theme?

Not really? As far as I remember, it was just printed on a rumors page in Blocks magazine without any sources or anything else to back it up, and spread like wildfire (thanks in no small part to disgruntled Castle fans took it at face value because they wanted it to be true). It's certainly not ending before the end of this year, at least, which is what the Blocks magazine article alleged.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Not really? As far as I remember, it was just printed on a rumors page in Blocks magazine without any sources or anything else to back it up, and spread like wildfire (thanks in no small part to disgruntled Castle fans took it at face value because they wanted it to be true). It's certainly not ending before the end of this year, at least, which is what the Blocks magazine article alleged.

Haha, thanks for that. Maybe the Blocks writer put it in as a commentary on the collective AFOLC irk.

Admittedly I too was a disgruntled castle fan, but Nexo has seriously grown on me.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

... spread like wildfire (thanks in no small part to disgruntled Castle fans took it at face value because they wanted it to be true).

That's me.  I do still think this is supposed to be the last year, from what I've heard, not what I want.  Still, you might be surprised that I actually got several Nexo Knights pieces over the course of this theme.  Most have been on Bricklink or Bricks & Pieces, mind you, but the theme brought several very useful pieces, and a few nice minifigures.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

That's me.  I do still think this is supposed to be the last year, from what I've heard, not what I want.  Still, you might be surprised that I actually got several Nexo Knights pieces over the course of this theme.  Most have been on Bricklink or Bricks & Pieces, mind you, but the theme brought several very useful pieces, and a few nice minifigures.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that as an attack! It's easy to fall into the trap of confirmation bias. Even I took Brickset's listing of a fourth summer Elves set for this year for granted for several months until it became increasingly apparent that no reliable sources backed it up, just because I wanted to believe that a store exclusive set or even a D2C set was on its way.

As it is it's hard to tell whether Nexo Knights will continue into next year, since Mark Stafford's comment debunking the Blocks magazine rumors could conceivably just apply to the claim that the summer sets would not be released. But I've seen very little evidence that Nexo Knights has been a "failure" or that its ending, whenever it comes, would necessarily be premature.

Nice to see the dark blue. I like that the knight armor piece was remolded into dark blue the most. 

Now after seeing a clearer picture, that armor piece in Earth Blue is quite tempting, since I think it would work nicely for the S7 Galaxy Marine (I do believe someone has mentioned that already). As for that CS Nexo shield sticker, I don't know what to make of that. :shrug_confused:

Don't know if I'm in the minority here, but in my opinion these "Battle Pods" are utterly useless. A *slightly* redesigned figure with a few generic parts and a plastic shell? You call that a promo? :sceptic:

On a lighter note, Clay's new armor piece is an improvement over the existing version and makes me wish that all of the Knights looked that way in this year's sets.

21 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Promo for later this year

5004914_Box1_V46.jpg

Neat, I like the armors contrast

anyone know where they'll be available or is it too soon to know?

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Nice way to get the figures though. And I have plans for those pods already. :grin:

They are King Halberd's mailed fist, The NEXO MARINES, and they shall know no fear!

4 hours ago, lesbohemian said:

Neat, I like the armors contrast

anyone know where they'll be available or is it too soon to know?

My guess Toys'R'Us that is where I seen the Batman pod. 

25 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Back in February I posted that NK will end this year in December. Now, half a year later I got the info that due to the grand success in the first half of 2017, it will continue. I already saw the sets, will tell you ASAP what they look like.

72001 Lance's Hiver Jouster

72002 Twinfector

72003 Berserker Bomber

72004 Tech WiZard

72005 X-bow

72006 Axl's Rolling Arsenal

so, let's start with our 2018 threads..(-;

*huh* *oh2* Yes!!!

So next year is bug themed?

50 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

*huh* *oh2* Yes!!!

Sure sounds like it from those names.  Could be good, the villains have been my favourite parts of years 1 and 2.

What???

Well, I can't start a 2018 thread, because @Peppermint_M likes to do it herself, but any info would be deeply appreciated 

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

*huh* *oh2* Yes!!!

As much as I would love insect-themed villains, the only evidence of it we have at this point is the name "Lance's Hiver Jouster", which is probably a typo (I'm guessing that Sir von Lego meant to say "Lance's HOVER Jouster").

Edited by bobasdad

10 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

As much as I would love insect-themed villains, the only evidence of it we have at this point is the name "Lance's Hiver Jouster", which is probably a typo (I'm guessing that Sir von Lego meant to say "Lance's HOVER Jouster").

I agree, but Twinfector and Berserker Bomber could also fit in an insect-theme.

Anyway, i'm glad there will be a year 3, can't wait for news/pics!

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Back in February I posted that NK will end this year in December. Now, half a year later I got the info that due to the grand success in the first half of 2017, it will continue. I already saw the sets, will tell you ASAP what they look like.

72001 Lance's Hiver Jouster

72002 Twinfector

72003 Berserker Bomber

72004 Tech WiZard

72005 X-bow

72006 Axl's Rolling Arsenal

so, let's start with our 2018 threads..(-;

Is that all of the sets? If so that's a smaller theme with no "gimmick" sets :sad: 

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Nuts.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:53 AM, x105Black said:

They're teasing us with that Classic Space shield again!

I noticed that space logo also... but why is it outside the cover, but the dark blue shield inside is just plain without print? :oh3:

Just now, makoy said:

I noticed that space logo also... but why is it outside the cover, but the dark blue shield inside is just plain without print? :oh3:

That alone may have gotten me to buy it.