Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Been having fun with my Nexo Knights, some knock-off Dinosaurs and Legend Beasts, some real Lego Legend Beasts and a random Mixel.   I thought it'd be fun for each knight to have an animal steed instead of vehicles.

I think you could start a new thread for some of this stuff. 

Next magazine will include Aaron.

By the way, the 1x2 plates with rock detailing are in dark bluish grey after all, not in sand blue. 

Also, for people in the Netherlands: there is this promotion at Toys XL and I believe Bart Smit and Intertoys as well: get a free polybag with every 15 euros spent on LEGO. One of the polybags to chose from was the Motor Horse, which is still very rare on Bricklink. I got four of them now. :grin:

Edited by Exetrius

On 03/06/2017 at 2:24 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

@Delta CustomsBut really, I would just like to know if there is an new original action or big bang replacement theme coming for next year if we are to believe the rumors of Nexo Knights early end. Does anyone know of one, or is that a particularly top secret detail that would be too early to disclose currently? :shrug_oh_well:

Bionicle and Nexo Knights were intended to be two 'big bang themes' at the same time.

Bionicle was planned to run from 2015 - 2017.
Nexo Knights was originally scheduled to run from 2015/2016 to 2018.

Both of these seemingly ending a year earlier than the basic three year plan is definitely saying something about the viability of a new 'big bang theme' - in essence, that one would be unlikely to be introduced. If they had plans for a new 'big bang' theme they would have likely planned to do so in 2019 instead after deciding whether to extend either Bionicle or Nexo Knights. While Nexo Knights ending with this summer wave is not confirmed, i doubt it would last until the end of 2018 which would be the end of the normal three year plan.

Just getting caught up on the NK news that the theme is rumored to be coming to an end a year early.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that the Summer 2017 Wave will see a mass market release as the sets are already out in Europe and I believe that a couple of Lego employees shot down the speculation that the Summer 2017 Wave would not be released in the forums here on EB.  So, given that, I wouldn't be too concerned about not seeing the summer wave.  They are likely already well into production with them.

As for the future of NK, that's where it gets tricky.  They likely have at least one more wave of sets that are in the final stage of design and I'm sure that even though the theme may not be performing to TLG's expectations, there is probably a desire to give NK a proper ending/send-off.  It would not surprise me if we end up getting a very small wave for Winter 2018 (3-5 sets) with some sort of "Final Battle" set and an abbreviated series of the cartoon (episodes of which are also likely to be in production already) to bring things to a conclusion.  With the next wave (or maybe 2) of Ninjago being movie sets, there is some room to devote resources to NK to finish it off and perhaps put some new sets on retail shelves for the Holiday Season without TLG chasing too much good money after bad.

As for another "Big Bang Theme":  Let's face it.  Lego caught lightning in a bottle with Ninjago and has been trying to capture that again ever since.  I don't blame them and I'd be doing the same thing.  An in-house successful franchise with no licensing fees being paid like Ninjago would be a huge money maker for TLG.  But with Chima and know (rumored) Nexo Knights failing to become "In-House Uber-Successful Action Adventure Theme #2".  It makes you wonder whether TLG will be shy to pull the trigger on something completely new for a third time in 5 years when they could just re-visit classic castle or space (although any space theme has the problem of competing with Star Wars on shelves).  They could also look to expand on the Ninjago universe, which is already successful at the expense of going with something new.

I get the feeling that with new Star Wars, DC and Marvel movies incoming for the next 5 years or so, the Lego Movie sequel, Ninjago, etc.  If NK ends prematurely it may be some time before TLG dips their toe in the Big Bang Theme pool again.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Bionicle and Nexo Knights were intended to be two 'big bang themes' at the same time.

Both of these seemingly ending a year earlier than the basic three year plan is definitely saying something about the viability of a new 'big bang theme' - in essence, that one would be unlikely to be introduced. If they had plans for a new 'big bang' theme they would have likely planned to do so in 2019 instead after deciding whether to extend either Bionicle or Nexo Knights. While Nexo Knights ending with this summer wave is not confirmed, i doubt it would last until the end of 2018 which would be the end of the normal three year plan.

IIRC Bionicle's relaunch was not officially considered a "big bang" theme, since it was a relaunch of an older theme rather than a brand new IP. Also, Nexo Knights didn't officially launch until 2016 (though as with many January releases, many sets came out during the last month of the previous year). Bionicle launched in January of 2015, a full year before Nexo Knights.

I thought Lego's Big Bang theme only lasted one set:

21302_Prod(1).jpg?_cvc=1494418290

Joking aside, as much as I would love to see a return to a medieval fantasy castle theme, I do like Nexo Knights and I hope it does get a proper send-off.

17 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Nexo knights are not ending a year early....it's all speculation 

On 6/12/2017 at 3:28 AM, samurai-turtle said:

I think you could start a new thread for some of this stuff. 

Here it is  :

The official site has been updated with descriptions of some of the newer characters like Lord Krakenskull. 

What I thought was the most interesting though, was the description of the white statue that comes with the Knighton Castle, which most people thought to be some stone version of Queen Halbert. 

'In a garden once stood a statue of a beautiful woman named Wanda. It was made by Merlok. Not through chiseling or carving like Arnoldi though, but with powerful, and desperate, magic spell that turned a real, living person into a statue. ‘What? How? Who?’ you may ask. All will be revealed in due time…'

From the Book Of Monstrox we know that Wanda was Merlok's sister who turned evil (and into Ruina). So my guess is he made that statue because he was sad. And then either that statue turned into Ruina or Ruina is Wanda herself.

10 hours ago, Eris The Nexo Knight said:

The official site has been updated with descriptions of some of the newer characters like Lord Krakenskull. 

What I thought was the most interesting though, was the description of the white statue that comes with the Knighton Castle, which most people thought to be some stone version of Queen Halbert. 

'In a garden once stood a statue of a beautiful woman named Wanda. It was made by Merlok. Not through chiseling or carving like Arnoldi though, but with powerful, and desperate, magic spell that turned a real, living person into a statue. ‘What? How? Who?’ you may ask. All will be revealed in due time…'

From the Book Of Monstrox we know that Wanda was Merlok's sister who turned evil (and into Ruina). So my guess is he made that statue because he was sad. And then either that statue turned into Ruina or Ruina is Wanda herself.

Interesting, it'll probably be explained it the show. 

With the recent Ninjago and Superheroes leaks, is it possible that we'll see next year's NK set list, if there is one, earlier than usual? 

While the fate of the theme has yet to be ascertained, would it be too crazy to suggest that Lego could maybe help save Nexo Knights by doing a crossover Ninjago/Nexo Knights theme? Perhaps it would be more like a crossover under the Ninjago name, and hypothetically, we would see such a wave for summer 2018 after the second TLNM wave and a hypothetical wrap up wave for Nexo Knights. :shrug_confused:

I know there is nothing to suggest that, but what would you think of such a crossover?

Well, they could. There's been hints at one big "lego universe", so why not? That said, i don't think they will. 

I think a new theme needs some time to grow on people, i think lego knows this too, that's probably why a 'big bang theme' is scheduled for 3 years. They've invested a lot in Nexo Knights, with the app, the tv show, the magazine, and it's part of lego events in shopping malls. I really hope they will continue with Nexo Knights for at least the planned third year. If that's the end, so be it, but maybe it gets picked up late, and a fourth year is possible.

Probably not going to happen, because Nexo Knights' biggest competition of from very strong other themes. But one can hope right?

Say can anyone who happens to have Lord Krakenskull and the Pheonix Chima Armor see if Krakenskull can wear the armor with his helmet?

I want to try that combination with my sigfig but looking at a review of Aaron's Rock Climber. Krakenskull's helmet has a small amount of plastic sticking off the back that might collide with the collar part of the Pheonix Chima Armor.

20 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Well, they could. There's been hints at one big "lego universe", so why not? That said, i don't think they will. 

I think a new theme needs some time to grow on people, i think lego knows this too, that's probably why a 'big bang theme' is scheduled for 3 years. They've invested a lot in Nexo Knights, with the app, the tv show, the magazine, and it's part of lego events in shopping malls. I really hope they will continue with Nexo Knights for at least the planned third year. If that's the end, so be it, but maybe it gets picked up late, and a fourth year is possible.

Probably not going to happen, because Nexo Knights' biggest competition of from very strong other themes. But one can hope right?

Where has this " Lego Universe" been hinted at?

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Where has this " Lego Universe" been hinted at?

Consistency in the TV shows. Chima can be spotted briefly in both Ninjago and NEXO Knights. It's also been highly implied that both NEXO Knights is one of the 16 realms beyond Ninjago (Chima has already been confirmed as such).

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Consistency in the TV shows. Chima can be spotted briefly in both Ninjago and NEXO Knights. It's also been highly implied that both NEXO Knights is one of the 16 realms beyond Ninjago (Chima has already been confirmed as such).

Sadly according to Tommy Andreasen, Nexo Knights is not one of the 16 Realms, as much as I want this to be true

Can I get everyone's opinion on something? Ya know if you don't mind?

What's everybody's opinion on the Nexo powers blind bags?

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Can I get everyone's opinion on something? Ya know if you don't mind?

What's everybody's opinion on the Nexo powers blind bags?

I'm not buying those because I'm only willing to buy them at half the current price. There are some nice designs and I would love to amass those nexogons, but there's only a handful of powers I'd actually like the design of. So, without any way of feeling them out, I'm going to be stuck with a bunch of stuff I am unable to integrate in MOCs, for which I did pay. 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

I'm not buying those because I'm only willing to buy them at half the current price. There are some nice designs and I would love to amass those nexogons, but there's only a handful of powers I'd actually like the design of. So, without any way of feeling them out, I'm going to be stuck with a bunch of stuff I am unable to integrate in MOCs, for which I did pay. 

By the way, did 5004911 Crafting Kit  (pictured below) eventually release? I remember seeing that polybag posted here awhile ago, and some were talking about the Classic Space themed shield seen on the packaging. If so, does anyone have good picture of that CS shield?

https://brickset.com/sets/5004911-1/Crafting-Kit

s-l300.jpg

45 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, did 5004911 Crafting Kit  (pictured below) eventually release? I remember seeing that polybag posted here awhile ago, and some were talking about the Classic Space themed shield seen on the packaging. If so, does anyone have good picture of that CS shield?

Those Nexo Power cards remind me of the old Knights' Kingdom II shield cards...

Have anyone built any more attachments for the battle suits? I created a Jet Dragon as a party favor for my oldest's birthday. I have another pictured in my Lavaria's Battle Suit thread. It is a stone monster control device that the Cloud of Monster uses to take over Macy's battle suit. I'm planing on making an undersea attachment.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Seems like it has been available at LEGO brand store building events in Germany at the very least, according to Promobricks. They also have a review, but the contents of the set are a disappointment, honestly: 

lego-_crafting_kit_5004911_06.jpg

Apologize if I'm just catching up and missed something. Is there any substantial evidence of Nexo Knights being cancelled early, let alone being a poorly performing theme?