Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Well after having binged watched the last of Nexo Knights' third season, I have to say the third wave has grown even more on me.
The Three Brothers actually DO have some personality, though they rarely get to show it...
Even what little we actually SEE of General Garg makes him the smartest and most eloquent of the gargoyles, though it was only used for a single episode's bit...
Ruina Stoneheart has clearly been telegraphed as a former member of the Wizards Council; In the Episode "Mount Thunderstrox" we see a picture of the council with a sole female member to the right of Monstrox, who staff we latter see in Runia's hands in "Rock Bottom."
Not only does Monstrox himself say their were "a few witches" on the Wizards Council in "Mount Thunderstrox," he also refers to Runia as one while flirtatiously introducing her Jestro in "Rock Bottom," the episode which also shows a flash back to Merlok's confrontation with Monstrox in what would become Rock Wood forest where Monstrox scoffs at the idea the entire Council is behind Merlok.
This flashback also shows a mysterious SOMEONE handing Merlok Monstrox's bracelet of Forbidden Power charms after he is blasted away, but glitches out before we actually see who.

Further more, the "Drop Bot Dragon" is actually named "Hotspur" in the series, and he is BEST VEHICLE!
Not only does he apparently have an advanced interface that will bond with Macy as a Rider, he is THE MOST USEFUL SECOND YEAR VEHICLE since he is able to airlift Battle Suits AND IS THE FIRST ONE SHOWN TO ACTUALLY COMBINE WITH ONE!
Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster only shows up for the first three episodes before the plot forces him to use the first Battle Suit, and while Lance's Twin Jouster is his ride for the whole season AND it's separation function is shown off in its first episode... that's the ONLY function it ever uses AND is first used as a GAG.
Also, I think Hotspur's toy form is actually MORE articulated than his in-show model, despite the latter having a far longer tail.

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

@Whiteagle You might want to have a look at this thread: :wink:

Thanks!

Still though, the series has made me warm up to some sets like the Three Brothers due to the character they're allowed to display there.

Take this with a "grain of salt" but I found the Battle Suits at a Walmart on a roll back. They now have them for $8. (Plus, their is other stuff on roll back to boot. So it could be just clearing out stuff for new stuff. Or they are just getting rid of things.) 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Take this with a "grain of salt" but I found the Battle Suits at a Walmart on a roll back. They now have them for $8. (Plus, their is other stuff on roll back to boot. So it could be just clearing out stuff for new stuff. Or they are just getting rid of things.) 

Yeah, same here, I was assuming it was in preparation for the summer waves.

BR Leker, a toychain here in Norway, has images of the back of the boxes for the summer sets.

https://www.br.no/merker/lego/lego-nexo-knights

Click on the "Vis flere" and scroll down to see the new sets. 

Also has back of the box images of lots of other themes too. (Click "varemerker" tab in top line to see LEGO as a brand.)

The Castle is now so much cooler. Seeing it folded up, but also the rocket function with the central tower is awesome.

A little underwhelmed with the Battle Suit Combinations this round. Hoped for something that could latch onto the back of Axl's as he's the only one that doesn't have a color-specific "battle suit backpack" if you would.

6 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

The Castle is now so much cooler. Seeing it folded up, but also the rocket function with the central tower is awesome.

A little underwhelmed with the Battle Suit Combinations this round. Hoped for something that could latch onto the back of Axl's as he's the only one that doesn't have a color-specific "battle suit backpack" if you would.

Macy's is actually the best one in my opinion. Axl's is...odd. 

Wow! I just presumed the use of the canopies at the pinnacle was cosmetic. The construction of the rocket is quite unique and the fact that three of these canopies come with the set is great too!

22 hours ago, ad79 said:

BR Leker, a toychain here in Norway, has images of the back of the boxes for the summer sets.

https://www.br.no/merker/lego/lego-nexo-knights

Click on the "Vis flere" and scroll down to see the new sets. 

Also has back of the box images of lots of other themes too. (Click "varemerker" tab in top line to see LEGO as a brand.)

Is it only me or they removed everything?

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Is it only me or they removed everything?

I can still see it. Did you scroll down with the "Vis flere"?

great news for UK fans , I just visited my local smyths toy store at west one retail park , and some of the new summer sets were available to buy

such as the stone colossus , Aarons rock climber and axle's rumble machine im personally not interested in them but its great to see them there

ill be skipping the summer waves in favour of the ninjago movie sets

Any news on summer exclusive set? Seems like this time last year we already knew about Black Knight Mech. Is this a sign that there's no summer exclusive set?

Edited by benderisgreat

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Any news on summer exclusive set? Seems like this time last year we already knew about Black Knight Mech. Is this a sign that there's no summer exclusive set?

Its Macy's Bot Drop Dragon. There is a one number (70360) gap between the robo-hood set and the drop bot dragon, but we haven't heard rumors of another exclusive...

14 hours ago, Johnmeel said:

Its Macy's Bot Drop Dragon. There is a one number (70360) gap between the robo-hood set and the drop bot dragon, but we haven't heard rumors of another exclusive...

Nah, it was shown at Toy Fair back in February and exclusive sets are never shown at Toy Fairs. So new exclusive is ether a well kept secret or ther isn't one this year.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:07 PM, Lego_Talk said:

Some of the new 2HY NEXO Knights sets. Full post here - https://bricksaustralia.wordpress.com/2017/05/08/2hy-nexo-knights-official-images/nexo-knights-2hy-official-image.jpg

Saw all those sets today at the Leeds UK Smyth's store. Also the huge expensive stone collosus set.  I just bought Jestro's Volcano Lair for MOC parts because it was super cheap compared to the Lego store... 

This set looks really nice! There's some clever building elements, especially the top of the fortress that turns into a ship. 

71PnzDPdDEL._SL1000_.jpg

A1X-xBk7wXL._SL1500_.jpg

61gbp1+8knL._SL1000_.jpg

91p41hWZBpL._SL1500_.jpg

6 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

What happened to the Queen? *huh*

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

Got turned to stone.

No, the sculptor who teamed up with Jestro and Monstrux got exiled for making a statue of the Queen kicking butt, so more likely it's that statue brought to life.