Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Was checking out the Nexo Knights sets at the Lego Store, and since it was quiet, decided to chat up one of the employees. They had a couple Fortrexes there despite being out of them over the weekend (I might frequent the store too much :tongue: ) and enquired why they were the only Winter 2016 wave sets still left at the store.

Turns out they were returns, but the employee let out a little tid-bit. I'm sure several of you know the company has an internal magazine. Apparently the most recent one has a "top 10 sets sold in 2016" section, that listed (higher than the Disney Castle, apparently) The Fortrex.

It seems, whether this is entirely to be believed, that, despite Nexo Knights not showing up in the Annual Report's top 5 themes in sales, Nexo Knights might still be going stronger than other themes if there was any sort of doubt.

Edited by Penkid11

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I'm sure several of you know the company has an internal magazine. Apparently the most recent one has a "top 10 sets sold in 2016" section, that listed (higher than the Disney Castle, apparently) The Fortrex.

It seems, whether this is entirely to be believed, that, despite Nexo Knights not showing up in the Annual Report's top 5 themes in sales, Nexo Knights might still be going stronger than other themes if there was any sort of doubt.

I'm not suprised at all. The Fortrex is a very distinctive set, and a mascot for the entire theme. It's also in (pretty much) every episode of the tv series. Good to have an actual source offcourse. Thanks :thumbup:

It's been a quiet month for Nexo Knights, at least in my world; no news on the internet, no new sets in my house. The holidays are far gone and my sons birthday too. 

I agree it has been a little slow around here. I did end up picking up a few sets during the double VIP promotion but ended taking them all back because shortly after TRU and Target put the same sets on sale so I went with the cheaper deals and returned everything back to Lego store. I picked up Ruina's Lock and Roller, Three Brothers, and Lance's Twin Jouster. Have not put together Ruina's set yet but am excited to do so.

Three Brothers - the set I was most interested in and the first I put together and I really like this set. The vehicle brother is very cool in how he looks and is put together and the added bonus of his chomping feature which is lots of fun. My son and I even had a great time playing with the catapult launcher on his back. Love the minifigs as well and as probably said before - the bad guys are all really cool this year and Reex and Roog don't disappoint. Cool to get Axl in a really cheap set for once as well.

After putting together the Three Brothers my son made it clear his favorite was Lance's Twin Jouster and that he wanted to put that together so we ended up doing that one as well. Overall I really like this set as well and another cool bad guy figure with the inclusion of the Rogul (for added fun try adding Batgirls hair piece from the Friends Batcopter set). Not overly thrilled with the separate components on their own as the 'flier' portion seems a little strange and awkward to be a true flier and the remainder portion doesn't look quite finished or polished as all together. I will say that the flier portion connected to the Battle Suit creates one awesome mech suit. We have Clay and Aaron and it looks cool on both. Really bulky and ready to do some damage.

Anyways looking forward to some time to put together Ruina's Lock and Roller as well as picking up the two exclusive sets as both look interesting as well.

I've had my Fortrex sitting here for three months now. Still don't see when I'll have time to building it. Being on Spring Break though, might help.

Got my first six packs of Nexo Powers today. Is it just me or is Anvil of Trouble extremely common? I got four of them today. Each pack contains only one red power...

I love the Nexogons as well (the combo shields). Their versatility is incredible.

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I've had my Fortrex sitting here for three months now. Still don't see when I'll have time to building it. Being on Spring Break though, might help.

Got my first six packs of Nexo Powers today. Is it just me or is Anvil of Trouble extremely common? I got four of them today. Each pack contains only one red power...

I love the Nexogons as well (the combo shields). Their versatility is incredible.

That is not unusual for me to have stuff sitting around for months prior to building. I like to build and have fun with it prior to moving on, although time is a big culprit as well. 

From my experience each Nexo bag comes with one color shield so you should get one of each in each bag. 

Speakimg of shields it appears that the new battle pack comes with an orange colored tile. The mystery of the orange tiles continues. 

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I would say you got really unlucky with those from the sounds of it. From the 5 packs I have got so far I only got one of the anvil and have yet to get more then two of any of the shields. Only 6 out of the 25 were duplicates (excluding the two I already had from other sets) half of those being the knights crest ones.

As for the Nexogons the versatility is almost surprising.

6 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

From my experience each Nexo bag comes with one color shield so you should get one of each in each bag.

That's what I was trying to say (I wrote it really confusing like, I agree). Four of the six packs I got each had Anvil of Trouble as the included red shield.

25 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

That's what I was trying to say (I wrote it really confusing like, I agree). Four of the six packs I got each had Anvil of Trouble as the included red shield.

Here's a sneaky tip if you want to minimize your chances of getting duplicates; I've found that fiddling around with the shields in the bag until you get one on its own and then shining a bright light through the bag will allow you to just barely see it's print. I've done this with four bags now and only got two duplicate shields. Having said that, it takes a while and some shields are very difficult to figure out, especially the red ones.

2 hours ago, JasonEffex said:

Here's a sneaky tip if you want to minimize your chances of getting duplicates; I've found that fiddling around with the shields in the bag until you get one on its own and then shining a bright light through the bag will allow you to just barely see it's print. I've done this with four bags now and only got two duplicate shields. Having said that, it takes a while and some shields are very difficult to figure out, especially the red ones.

I bought the complete set off eBay for $30. Let someone else deal with the duplicates 

25 minutes ago, Tahu23 said:

Stone Monster Battle Pack in LEGO Store UK

Wow, that's pretty great actually. I like how there are two ultra-generic soldiers and a Gargoyle, which is hard to come by. A bit unfortunate that the Gargoyle doesn't have the new wings but I get why they couldn't include them.

I'll definitely be picking a couple of these up. :thumbup:

39 minutes ago, Tahu23 said:

Whoa that little guy is awesome! Rogul head and a grey ash attacker helmet!?

49 minutes ago, Tahu23 said:

I like the 2 guys on top.  Might be worth it to pick this up.  Too bad one of them has the short legs, though.

That monster BP only gives us 3 minifigures. These are generic and yet they are priced like a unique collectable minifigure?? What is so exciting about that?

The first monster battle is not even sold in my local LCS....

8 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well , this Battlepack is way better than good guys one! Definitely a must buy!

Eh, the good guys each have unique face prints...

11 hours ago, Tahu23 said:

Screen shot 2017-03-23 at 11.46.24 PM.jpg

Is it possible to see better pictures?
I have mixed feelings about it.

hate that we get 3 minifigs for the same price we god 4 until this year.
dislike the gargoyle's wings, the short legs, the missing headpiece on one minifigure.

like there isn't too much purple. I dislike that color. And I also like the torso in sand blue.

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I believe this is actually going to retail for 12.99 instead of last year's 14.99, but I would much rather have the extra figure. Heck, battle packs used to have five figures for 12.99 when they first came out.

16 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I believe this is actually going to retail for 12.99 instead of last year's 14.99, but I would much rather have the extra figure. Heck, battle packs used to have five figures for 12.99 when they first came out.

If I'm not mistaken the last 5 man BP Lego produced were in 2011, 853219 and 853301. 3 is not unheard of though, 853176, also in 2011, only included 3 figs for 15 US. 

But yeah this pack isn't that great, though it offers 3 different characters at least. 

I was secretly hoping to get Roog's head/body gear piece in sand blue or black in the BP, too bad about that... :look: It's such a great piece for a stone golem or minifig Ent, but not in purple. 

The upper two stone monsters are pretty nice, though, cool helmet and I don't mind the reuse of the Rogul face and sand blue Ash attacker helmet at all. :classic:

On 3/23/2017 at 11:48 PM, Tahu23 said:

Excellent.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:45 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Is it possible to see better pictures?
I have mixed feelings about it.

dislike the gargoyle's wings, the short legs, the missing headpiece on one minifigure.

like there isn't too much purple. I dislike that color. And I also like the torso in sand blue.

Oh how I miss 1988, when this set was only $6.00:

6103-1.jpg

Anyways, I don't mind the purple, but I don't much like how it has been used in these Nexo Knights sets.  Everything else I agree with.

Just now, x105Black said:

Oh how I miss 1988, when this set was only $6.00:

6103-1.jpg

Anyways, I don't mind the purple, but I don't much like how it has been used in these Nexo Knights sets.  Everything else I agree with.

We are usually aligned on everything :)