Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

Seeing as I haven't had the joy of putting two together, I feel as if I absolutely need another.

I for one am patiently waiting for someone to pick up eight or so and make the "ring" he was talking about. :grin:

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Seeing as I haven't had the joy of putting two together, I feel as if I absolutely need another 23.

6 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

There i fixed it. :laugh:

My reputation precedes me. :wink:

To be completely honest. I think it looks kinda cool as a jet thruster thing for the Battle Suits, but I feel that they could have designed it to fit perfectly on the back of a Battle Suit as opposed to just setting it there on its back.

Which set would you guys recommend? The Fortrex or Jestro's Volcano Lair? Looking to pick one up, not really interested in the complete wave except for a few sets :P I have only picked up Clay's Rumble Blade and Jestro evil mobile when Nexo Knights just got released. Or are there any other sets you would recommend getting instead of the fortrex or Volcano Lair?

The Fortrex is the Nexo Knights base of operations. Your collection is simply incomplete without it regardless of how many sets you get.

Although the Volcano lair is impressive, you could live without it.

I think theme-wise the Fortrex is a must. However, if you just want a nice lego set, and don't really care about the story of the Nexo Knights, it doesn't have to be the Fortrex persé. I'd say the King's mech is pretty cool, as is General Magmar's Siege Machine Of Doom.

The Volcano Lair is better in terms of minifigures, books and parts. In my opinion ofcourse.

Picked up Axl's mech today. I'm going to mod it slightly to see what It would look like with the hands from Mr Freeze's mech. Color wise I know they won't work but I wonder if function wise they would.

Edit. Tried it out but the hands are too small for the type of mech the kinghts use. Now I see why they chose CCBS hands.

Edited by Takanuinuva

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Say whatever happened to the rumors of there being a purple knight?

I had not heard any such rumors but if it were the case I'd seriously hope it was Ava finally getting her due. She's one of my fave Nexo Knights characters, yet even in her appearance this year she still has yet to get a shield, armor, or an updated design.

Edited by Lyichir

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

I don't know if I ever took that rumor very seriously. This came from the SDCC panel in 2016 that there could be a purple knight and that he could be a prince but I think they more making an illusion towards purple being the color of choice for Prince the singer. 

Yes, I think both Robin and Ava need an upgrade since both were given knighthood or honorary knighthood. Robin has a crest but Ava has never gotten one. 

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

The rumors were sparked by the fan base. They had no validity to begin with.

That may be true but I'm willing to bet there's something big regarding Ava that we don't know about yet.

What I really want to know is why we didn't get any images at the Toy Fair. I understand Ninjago, Batman, Star Wars, etc. but Nexo Knights? Hopefully we'll see something in New York but if they don't show up there I don't know when they will.

Edited by BrickJagger

36 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

That may be true but I'm willing to bet there's something big regarding Ava that we don't know about yet.

What I really want to know is why we didn't get any images at the Toy Fair. I understand Ninjago, Batman, Star Wars, etc. but Nexo Knights? Hopefully we'll see something in New York but if they don't show up there I don't know when they will.

I was surprised as well considering many of the in house items were displayed. I did see pics of large brick built figures so it would appear NK was represented at the show in some form. 

On 2/3/2017 at 0:59 AM, OC_Architect said:

I don't know if I ever took that rumor very seriously. This came from the SDCC panel in 2016 that there could be a purple knight and that he could be a prince but I think they more making an illusion towards purple being the color of choice for Prince the singer. 

Yes, I think both Robin and Ava need an upgrade since both were given knighthood or honorary knighthood. Robin has a crest but Ava has never gotten one. 

You can see Ava's crest in the physical version of the knight's code. It's pink-ish purple and it has Techcalibur on it (at least it looks like a sword)

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, Eris The Nexo Knight said:

You can see Ava's crest in the physical version of the knight's code. It's pink-ish purple and it has Techcalibur on it (at least it looks like a sword)

Thanks for the info. Plan on picking up that along with the Book of Monsters at some point. All to say as well that at least in the sets she really hasn't changed. Robin at least go an ultimate set, along with armor, and is already represented with his crest. This on top of everything else an alternate print for the Black Knight set while Ava (who to me has a more prominent role in the show) has stayed the same. Need more attention to the female characters I think.

9 hours ago, JurrasicPiggy said:

Looks like we do get Jestro's staff in one of the sets

?? Is this different than the other staffs he has had previously? The Evil Mobile has one and I believe the Volcanic Lair has one as well. I think from the Headquarters set there are some 'new' staff builds for the Forbidden Powers.

1 hour ago, OC_Architect said:

Thanks for the info. Plan on picking up that along with the Book of Monsters at some point. All to say as well that at least in the sets she really hasn't changed. Robin at least go an ultimate set, along with armor, and is already represented with his crest. This on top of everything else an alternate print for the Black Knight set while Ava (who to me has a more prominent role in the show) has stayed the same. Need more attention to the female characters I think.

?? Is this different than the other staffs he has had previously? The Evil Mobile has one and I believe the Volcanic Lair has one as well. I think from the Headquarters set there are some 'new' staff builds for the Forbidden Powers.

Yeah that's the one. It's actually Monstrox' staff. But Jestro is using it (for now).

On 3/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, Penkid11 said:

The rumors were sparked by the fan base. They had no validity to begin with.

I believe there will be another knight of some other color, so it seems from the pictures of the summer sets.

9 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I believe there will be another knight of some other color, so it seems from the pictures of the summer sets.

I hope it's a new girl knight, maybe Ava, she's already in purple clothes.

10 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I don't recall seeing that but it would be nice to see the NK world start to expand a bit.

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What set is the Knight included in? Can you also give some details about the other sets? The photos are incredibly grainy.

The big orange mech in the castle set gives me some thoughts, since we don't know exactly what it is yet. Although Axl's palette kind of makes him an orange knight, he isn't.. well... an orange knight. On the other hand, there's a ton of other colours for another knight..

Edited by Boogly22238

15 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ava?

Or maybe a the Queen?

What color does it have?

Edited by Robert8