Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

Had all 5 in front of me, figured I'd take a quick shot:

All attach the same way except for Axl's, who has a far less superior form of attachment for what I assume were budget cuts. Aaron's has an extension to allow him to fly.

I just got Axl's battle suit, and it has the same attachment for the shield as the others do. There is no difference.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, NotMegalodon said:

Cool find! Nice polybag, i haven't seen such a small set with armor! If i can find this, i'll get at least 2!

Oh, this one has armor too! 

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6188106.pdf 30376 Knighton Rider.

Btw. The Shrunken Headquarters polybag is free with any Nexo Knights purchase at the S@H currently!

I concur. Cool find and another fun little polybag for the Nexo's. With the Motor Horse I feel there is a neat little sub theme within the Nexo Knights of kiddie style builds of larger sets that started with Robin's Mini-Fortrex and with the coming miniature Jestro's Headquarters. I may go through my parts collection to build the Motor Horse but not sure if I have all the correct colors at the moment.

The Knighton Rider while being really cool is deceptively simple. Can't wait to pick that up as well in a few weeks.

Anybody wonder if some day they will release the Knights without their helmets, like the keychains ones, also if you can see Macy does not have hair as keychain it's the only one that keeps the helmet, and Axl does not exist

Edited by ffgf

14 minutes ago, ffgf said:

Anybody wonder if some day they will release the Knights without their helmets, like the keychains ones, also if you can see Macy does not have hair as keychain it's the only one that keeps the helmet, and Axl does not exist

Well, Axl's hair is Mr. T's from the A-Team Fun Pack, and Macy's is the Dino Tracker hair, so I think everyone is accounted for.

The set is a bigger disappointment to me. However the cockpit piece is amazing, and the different blues blend well. I really like it, but the rest is rather lacking.

The battle suit combo thing is very neat. Reminds me of Galaxy Squad mechs.

I bought a Nexo Knights set.  Yes, it happened.  Battle Suit Lance.  I'm also likely to buy Stone Stomper from BrickLink eventually.  Aside from that, I have very little interest in the new Nexo Knights sets this year.

Just now, x105Black said:

I bought a Nexo Knights set.  Yes, it happened.  

MY.

DEAR.

GOD.

Spoiler

Image result for homer simpson the end is near

Edited by Robert8

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

Well, Axl's hair is Mr. T's from the A-Team Fun Pack, and Macy's is the Dino Tracker hair, so I think everyone is accounted for.

I don't think Dino tracker hair is Macy's , her ponytail is more in the upper part of her head, Mr Ts can work for Axl

10 minutes ago, ffgf said:

I don't think Dino tracker hair is Macy's , her ponytail is more in the upper part of her head, Mr Ts can work for Axl

According to the Lego Club Magazine, it is, although I do totally agree with you that it doesn't really fit - she can't even wear armor with it.

39 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I bought a Nexo Knights set.  Yes, it happened.  Battle Suit Lance.  I'm also likely to buy Stone Stomper from BrickLink eventually.  Aside from that, I have very little interest in the new Nexo Knights sets this year.

Interesting! Out of curiosity, what was it about Battle Suit Lance that appealed to you? I'm not surprised you found something to like in a Nexo Knights set, but that one's not what I would have thought of as a dedicated Castler's ideal first set. Unless it just came down to cost… but even then, I'd have sort of expected a set like Ultimate Lavaria to be more enticing.

53 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

MY.

DEAR.

GOD.

Hide contents

Image result for homer simpson the end is near

Did I just read that?

Man, 2017 is going to be weeeeiiirrrrddd...

And yes, like Aanchir, I'm really curious as to what drove you to this set in particular. None really stands out as particularly "castle-esque," except maybe Lance's visor...

Edited by legozebra

I hope a mod will highlight this historic moment in the frontpage news section :laugh:

59 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

This is impossible. I require photo evidence. 

There is a picture

Here is the guy going to the store:

Spoiler

Image result for spy trench coat

Edited by Robert8

Am I the only person who tries to buy one small set from every theme? Just to get something different and fun and unique mini figures?

I own two Nexo sets, the horse (looks way better as a trike) and some small polybag I regret buying.

Probably you're not, you're not that special :tongue:

But i think it's a neat strategy, i'd like to do it too, but always end up buying more *huh* Like the biggest sets from every theme....

Edited by NotMegalodon

18 hours ago, legozebra said:

According to the Lego Club Magazine, it is, although I do totally agree with you that it doesn't really fit - she can't even wear armor with it.

Do you have a picture of the mag where it says that??????

16 hours ago, Bricknblue said:

Am I the only person who tries to buy one small set from every theme? Just to get something different and fun and unique mini figures?

I own two Nexo sets, the horse (looks way better as a trike) and some small polybag I regret buying.

I used to try to do that, but then I got behind and gave up...

however I am very excited for the new shield polybags and for the Nexo Battle Suits. I feel like they have more to offer than the Ultimates from last year.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

18 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Interesting! Out of curiosity, what was it about Battle Suit Lance that appealed to you? I'm not surprised you found something to like in a Nexo Knights set, but that one's not what I would have thought of as a dedicated Castler's ideal first set. Unless it just came down to cost… but even then, I'd have sort of expected a set like Ultimate Lavaria to be more enticing.

Well, it was a combination of things.  First, I went to buy LEGO Batman minifigures and the Thanos Mighty Micro, and was looking for something else to put me over $50.  Second, I was using gift cards rather than my own money.  Third, I always liked Lance more than other Nexo Knights.  His lack of a flashy color is a draw, as is his visor (which looks nice on Castle minifigures).  This particular Lance minifigure lacks the abundance of Tron lines that appear on all other Nexo Knight minifigures, making him look more like an ordinary knight.  And lastly, I'm a fan of mech suits in general, and wanted one of these Battle Suits for the new torso piece.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is a picture

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how you found me!  I was trying to go unnoticed!  What gave me away?

I just picked up lance vs lightning , macy's thunder mace and the black knight mech today which means I have waves 1 and 2 complete and I just need jestros headquarters to finish off wave 3

now I have to build them all together to create the battlefield

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is a picture

Reveal hidden contents

:laugh_hard:

14 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

I just picked up lance vs lightning , macy's thunder mace and the black knight mech today which means I have waves 1 and 2 complete and I just need jestros headquarters to finish off wave 3

now I have to build them all together to create the battlefield

Sounds great! Are you going to take pictures of it when you're done? 

Got Ruina's Lock and Roller and enjoyed the build a lot. Love the little face on the vehicle. 

Actually, the little vehicle without the cage reminded me of the gestalt mode summons in Final Fantasy XIII. A very cool design indeed.

Now I am awaiting the appearance of sets in my local ASDA, they always knock a little off the price to stay competitive.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, legozebra said:

If that it's true why they didn't used that hair for the keychain?? I'm not buying that