Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

The female gargoyles look interesting and I hope we get some of those stone knights from the video that would be sweet.  I'm going to check out my local stores this week to see if any of the new sets are out here. 

Just got Lances Twin Jouster and it's a great 20$ set! I originally wanted it for Rogul minifigure but was surprised by how good the set actually is. Playfeatures are good and Lance in year 2 armor looks great! The only part of the set I didn't like was the build, no numbered bags made it quite a frustrating build. Since build comes in 2 parts it could have easily been in 2 bags. But overall great set! 

Edited by benderisgreat

6 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

What store is Lance vs Lightning exclusive to?

ToysRUs in the USA, just bought it there the other day.

Regarding the silhouettes of the three summer sets in the back of the 2017 sets' instructions:

In the top "locked" silhouette, I can just make out Axl protruding from the top.  The vehicle also looks like it is based off Axl's crest, using the drill pieces as horns of a bull's head on the front.  Lastly from what I can make out, it has linked treads like these  3873.png supporting the middle and probably wheels in the back.

In the middle "locked" silhouette, I can't make out all that much do to it's scale.  The vehicle looks like a huge buggy of some sort using these as it's wheels https://www.bricklink.com/PL/2515.jpg?1.  Through the process of elimination, I think this vehicle belongs to Aaron as each knight has one vehicle depicted here for the combinations.

In the bottom "locked" silhouette, I can make out Macy's helmet at the top/middle under this screen https://www.bricklink.com/PL/6070.gif?0.  The vehicle looks defiantly dragon inspired but I cannot tell if it is a ground or air vehicle.  It has a mace https://www.bricklink.com/PL/98578.jpg?1 ended tail on the back.  The rest of the build I cannot make out.

Anyone notice anything else?

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

In one of the character videos you can see the entire vehicle for a brief moment. Although its blurry, I think it's an air vehicle, it seems to have these V-shaped wing things on the side. I didn't see any wheels or treads either. There are two windshields as well, one on the back and one on the.. head?

1 hour ago, Boogly22238 said:

In one of the character videos you can see the entire vehicle for a brief moment. Although its blurry, I think it's an air vehicle, it seems to have these V-shaped wing things on the side. I didn't see any wheels or treads either. There are two windshields as well, one on the back and one on the.. head?

I found the clip and think your right about it being an air vehicle.  To me it looks kind of like a helicopter, but there is no rotor...?  The windscreen on the head must be for the squire-bot and/or battle suit combination.  Looking at the scene with the vehicle, it looks more bird-like than dragon.  Thanks for pointing that out Boogly22238, I appreciate it.

Went to LEGO store yesterday and picked up Macy's vehicle from summer and the King's Guard Artillery set. Put together the King's Guard set last night and I will say this is a pretty sweet set.  Great little design for the money and definitely he best of the $10 sets. I can't say I am 100% sold on the generic bad guys but that is only a small squabble. Makes me even more excited for this years sets and am looking forward to picking up the rest and to see what is coming down the pike  

I also noticed that the rumor is probably true that the winter sets from last year are probably being discontinued. Saw nothing of them on the shelves except for the Fortrex. 

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Really surprising that we haven't had so much as a leaked set list at this point....

It's nearly January. The Toy Fair is nearly here! Patience :wink:

Winter sets from last year are pretty much gone for me too. I want to get the Moltor Smasher, Infernox, and Kings Mech before they're gone completely.

25 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

Interesting that his armor is fully trans orange, might just be a rendering error

I think it has something to do with the books not including new parts like the new armor element, so they're giving him just trans orange Ultimate armor instead - the same element used in the smallest set of the new wave.

I am curious, however, why the Ultimate style of armor only comes in solid colors and the standard 2016 armor only comes dual-molded. The parts are so similar (just an extra lower pair of studs on the Ultimate version) that I'm curious the reasoning behind limiting one to solid colors and the other to dual colors. Perhaps one of our resident parts experts can help elaborate on this...

Edited by legozebra

I got the small Knights Artillary set today and the printing on the heads and bodies is fantastic.  I really like the colors of the villains.  I also got Lances Jouster with Rogul and he is awesome love the new bottom body piece.  The small printed horse tiles are excellent too.  I cant wait to get Lance vs. Lightning to get a gargoyle. 

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

Instruction uploads today at LEGO Customer Service include a new Nexo Knights polybag, "30377 Motor Horse": https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6188114.pdf

It features a King's Guard/Soldier (2015 version) on a wheeled mechanical horse.

The build is better than the minifigure! Seriously, this is a good poly bag. However, if it included the new king soldier variant, that would have made it so much better.

Instruction uploads today at LEGO Customer Service include a new Nexo Knights polybag, "30377 Motor Horse": https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6188114.pdf

It features a King's Guard/Soldier (2015 version) on a wheeled mechanical horse.

Cool find! Nice polybag, i haven't seen such a small set with armor! If i can find this, i'll get at least 2!

Oh, this one has armor too! 

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6188106.pdf 30376 Knighton Rider.

Btw. The Shrunken Headquarters polybag is free with any Nexo Knights purchase at the S@H currently!

Edited by NotMegalodon

Nice. Another cheap way to army build those soldiers. Interesting that they keep reusing the horse head build. 

3 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Nice. Another cheap way to army build those soldiers. Interesting that they keep reusing the horse head build. 

True. Although getting these polybags at a discount is almost impossible (for me). Getting a €10 set for 5 or 6 is easier. This way i get a baddy and a soldier and more bricks. I'll be on the lookout for cheap King's Guard Artillery sets!

I was wondering, how the Battle Suits' Shields connect to the rest of the suit (the tech hand). Or what the back of Shield looks like. Is there pictures of it some where? 

4 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I was wondering, how the Battle Suits' Shields connect to the rest of the suit (the tech hand). Or what the back of Shield looks like. Is there pictures of it some where? 

Had all 5 in front of me, figured I'd take a quick shot:

Battle Suit Shields

All attach the same way except for Axl's, who has a far less superior form of attachment for what I assume were budget cuts. Aaron's has an extension to allow him to fly.

Edited by legozebra

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Had all 5 in front of me, figured I'd take a quick shot:

"Snip"

All attach the same way except for Axl's, who has a far less superior form of attachment for what I assume were budget cuts. Aaron's has an extension to allow him to fly.

Thanks for the picture. It quills my curiosity.